for the zune people

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently got one of these and I love it.
Though I can't seem to load the music correctly. Every time I've tried loading different cds they load as unknown albums/artists. I really don't want to have all my music sorted as unknowns..
Does anyone know what the problem is? Do I need to register for an account? Is it because the computer I load the zune/music has no internet connection?
-thanks for any help/advice!!

I'm not to sure, maybe setup the playlists in windows media player before you transfer it over to your Zune. You may need to provide the info since some CD's are not setup with artist and song info.

It might because there is no internet connection.

I believe you can use I-tunes even if you don't have an I-pod.

I believe you can use I-tunes even if you don't have an I-pod.
I like that, because that's the only thing I use these days... does anyone know for sure if this works or not?

I belive so... I looked at Zunes website and it said it could play content from iTunes.

http://www.zune.net/en-US/products/zunesoftware/default.htm

Thanks guys, it was the internet. It was loading the songs fine without it, but if you want the songs to be named/have the album cover/label, etc, then you need to have internet connection.
As for the Itunes bit, I believe you can use Itunes to load the songs because when I got this, I loaded the zune/program to my sister's computer(she has an ipod) and almost immediately her songs got loaded onto my Zune's program. This is why I have to use a different computer because I don't want any of her songs!:p

I believe Zune can interact with iTunes to a certain extent. This article may help in understanding that. However, a Zune won't be able to play files purchased from the iTunes Music Store. You'll need an iPod for that unless you strip the DRM from the files, first.

jag

that's fine with me... i have no intent using the ITunes music store

thanks for the info

Well there you have it, the Apple Master has spoke. :up:

Notice I didn't add that I think the Zune is a large hunk of crap as far as MP3 products go?

jag

Yeah, but a 40gb zune for 100 bucks kicks the crap out of an ipod in cost...

I would imagine Windows Media Player would be the best option since you can purchase music from within it, like iTunes, but they are playable in the Zune, where iTunes music is not playable in the Zune.

We all have our opinions.:cwink:

Yeah, but, some opinions are more informed than others. ;)

Yeah, but a 40gb zune for 100 bucks kicks the crap out of an ipod in cost...

You'd be lucky if you could find a 40GB Zune for $100 on Craigslist or eBay and I'd be seriously concerned at what kind of shape the thing was in if you did find it. The 40GB isn't even available on the market anymore except for maybe the discount clearance bin. Microsoft prices the Zune pretty much right in line with iPod pricing (at least until they discover they can't move their stock and then they start slashing their prices on them). If you're so hung up on price as the primary point you would use in selecting a player, a Creative Zen monkey-stomps the crap out of any Zune.

I would imagine Windows Media Player would be the best option since you can purchase music from within it, like iTunes, but they are playable in the Zune, where iTunes music is not playable in the Zune.

Windows Media Player can't be used to load songs on a Zune.

jag

You'd be lucky if you could find a 40GB Zune for $100 on Craigslist or eBay and I'd be seriously concerned at what kind of shape the thing was in if you did find it. The 40GB isn't even available on the market anymore except for maybe the discount clearance bin. Microsoft prices the Zune pretty much right in line with iPod pricing (at least until they discover they can't move their stock and then they start slashing their prices on them). If you're so hung up on price as the primary point you would use in selecting a player, a Creative Zen monkey-stomps the crap out of any Zune.

Windows Media Player can't be used to load songs on a Zune.

jag

I cant answer about the Zune, I just knew a few months ago they had either 20GB or 40GB for like a 100 bucks or so... But that is something I heard in passing only...so I am not the expert there...

Windows Media Player cant load songs onto a Zune? Really? That is odd.
I thought that was the big benefit that it worked.
WMP can push songs to pretty much and USB media player out there...my wife got an el-cheapo player for like 20 bucks and it works fine on that...

Well once again, I am speaking from the very narrow expertice that I have, so dont use my comments as your basis on deciding things.

I cant answer about the Zune, I just knew a few months ago they had either 20GB or 40GB for like a 100 bucks or so... But that is something I heard in passing only...so I am not the expert there...

Windows Media Player cant load songs onto a Zune? Really? That is odd.
I thought that was the big benefit that it worked.
WMP can push songs to pretty much and USB media player out there...my wife got an el-cheapo player for like 20 bucks and it works fine on that...

Well once again, I am speaking from the very narrow expertice that I have, so dont use my comments as your basis on deciding things.

Yes, Zune can only load songs through it's proprietary software. Windows Media Player doesn't work with the Zune. Also, any of the "Plays For Sure" DRM'd songs available for purchase on the net don't work with the Zune; "Plays For Sure" is another Microsoft product and they effectively locked out all the hardware manufacturers that had licensed it from participating in the Zune Music Store. Zune is just as, if not more, proprietary than the iPod/iTunes juggernaut. At least iPod's don't DRM anything you load on them, regardless of the source.

jag

Yes, Zune can only load songs through it's proprietary software. Windows Media Player doesn't work with the Zune. Also, any of the "Plays For Sure" DRM'd songs available for purchase on the net don't work with the Zune; "Plays For Sure" is another Microsoft product and they effectively locked out all the hardware manufacturers that had licensed it from participating in the Zune Music Store. Zune is just as, if not more, proprietary than the iPod/iTunes juggernaut. At least iPod's don't DRM anything you load on them, regardless of the source.

jag

Crap, I didnt know any of that...that is stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"