iTunes compatability with portable hard drives

ampersand

Sidekick
Reaction score
So I have a portable Western Digital hard drive that contains the vast majority of my music files. A I have it now, I can bring the songs into iTunes while the hard drive is connected to the computer and load them on to my iPod. If I then remove the hard drive from the computer and then later reconnect it, iTunes is unable to register where the files are stored. Is there a way that I can make iTunes register the portable hard drive and remember where to find my music files? I'd like to be able to use iTunes as my sole music player on my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you click on the "!" next to the song, you can locate the file. After you do this, the other songs are relocated. So, you only have to do it once.

If you click on the "!" next to the song, you can locate the file. After you do this, the other songs are relocated. So, you only have to do it once.

This is correct.

Every one of my music and video files that I use for iTunes is on an external hard drive and I disconnect and reconnect it all the time with no problems finding the files again.

Wow, I feel kinda dumb for not just figuring that out on my own.

Thanks a ton guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"