Sequels FoX Cinematic Universe

and thats why Fox should open their minds, and start supporting other characters, if they sign great directors and actors, they will be decent hits.

Not everything needs to reach 500m, you know?

hell, even Snowwhite and the H. is getting a sequel, and it didnt even reach 400m. So.... if other studios can do it, Fox easily can too.

Just because a few fans dont want it doesnt mean they shouldnt do it :funny:

If FC wasn't made then we may not have gotten DoFP. And if The Wolverine films weren't made we may have seen even more time given to him in past or Future X-Men movies. We can now officially move forward without Logan's past being in anymore films.

They are not gonna completely ditch Logan. But they can separate him from the main team. Doing multiple films will allow these other characters to breathe. It's a good thing and will not effect the potential for the main team films. It just opens everything up for more possibilities and makes the Universe more interesting.

..and like you said not every movie needs to make a 500-billion. Profit is profit and in the end with good films will only make new characters/existing side ones more popular and bankable.

when a Spiderman reboot does more than 700m worldwide, its not like Sony was really sad to see those numbers, u know? :funny:

So many studios wish to have the first movie of a new series doing that well.

The issue is how profitable each new series can be in the Long Run, not just with the first movie.

And lets see how the sequel does, I wont be surprised if it breaks the 1 billion mark, and even if it does around 700 again, its still a big hit, so Sony wont stop there and will do a third one.

And the thing is... Spider-Man 4 would have been bigger than the Amazing Spider-Man if it was released it last year. Of course it grossed more than 700 million because Spider-Man is the most popular character of Marvel but if you compare the box-office performance to Saimi's Spider-Man trilogy (especially if you adjust the ticket sales), TASM is the lowest grossing Spider-Man film to date.

and thats why Fox should open their minds, and start supporting other characters, if they sign great directors and actors, they will be decent hits. Not everything needs to reach 500m, you know?

hell, even Snowwhite and the H. is getting a sequel, and it didnt even reach 400m. So.... if other studios can do it, Fox easily can too. Just because a few fans dont want it doesnt mean they shouldnt do it :funny:

And as if I don't want to see it prequels and all that spin-offs I already said I want to see a film for New Mutants, X-Factor, and solo films for Cyclops and Storm if its possible.

But realistically, its not gonna happen. You are probably opening your mind right now w/ all your suggestions but in business-wise, its not a good idea.

If FC wasn't made then we may not have gotten DoFP. And if The Wolverine films weren't made we may have seen even more time given to him in past or Future X-Men movies. We can now officially move forward without Logan's past being in anymore films.

They are not gonna completely ditch Logan. But they can separate him from the main team. Doing multiple films will allow these other characters to breathe. It's a good thing and will not effect the potential for the main team films. It just opens everything up for more possibilities and makes the Universe more interesting.

..and like you said not every movie needs to make a 500-billion. Profit is profit and in the end with good films will only make new characters/existing side ones more popular and bankable.

FOX shouldn't settle for 300 million to 400 million worldwide grosses while there's a bigger potential for success with movies that features both Wolverine and the X-Men.

Like I said, FOX should ride the success of DOFP and follow the footsteps of Fast/Furious. Let the original cast star in a couple of movies first, before releasing spin-offs/prequel that obviously attract less to the general audience.

exactly.

I wonder if Fox will have a presence on Comic Con, (appart from Bryan and DOFP) and someone announces or teases a new comicbook proyect.

Although they probably are waiting for DOFP boxoffice to see how big can they go after it. So they could wait for next year edition to announce or tease something new.

FOX shouldn't settle for 300 million to 400 million worldwide grosses while there's a bigger potential for success with movies that features both Wolverine and the X-Men.

Like I said, FOX should ride the success of DOFP and follow the footsteps of Fast/Furious. Let the original cast star in a couple of movies first, before releasing spin-offs/prequel that obviously attract less to the general audience.

Agreed.

In terms of the actual comics, The X-Men inhabit their own universe. Sure, while mutants have contributed greatly to the comic universes (616 and Ultimate,) the sheer number of characters and storylines is rival to the non mutant titles. Fox is sitting on a goldmine they have barely begun to tap; hence, the Fast & Furious argument is music, because that is the best way to tap into said vein.

the OT will probably get 2 more movies after this (probably no Xmen in space)

but then again we don't know the shape or form of how DOFP will end, to continue on a new continuity with different character experiences we won't know about

maybe singer will do something to keep certain things intact

exactly.

I wonder if Fox will have a presence on Comic Con, (appart from Bryan and DOFP) and someone announces or teases a new comicbook proyect.

Although they probably are waiting for DOFP boxoffice to see how big can they go after it. So they could wait for next year edition to announce or tease something new.

Regarding non main X Teams, I think they are waiting on The Wolverine box office and in Deadpools case video Game sales. If those are both a success we will see other films. If not then we probably wont see anything for awhile.

Wolverine is a smaller film, so if they walk away with 400-500WW, you can be damn sure Fox is gonna green light more. Thats more money then most other films by the company make. They are not gonna pass up making another 400m. All the X-Men movies are within Fox's top 35 selling.

You won't see The MCU holding back on new properties even though The Avengers will always make more money.

Last edited:
According to Empire magazine, Hugh said he didnt want more solo movies, but was open to return for the team movies.

So even if TW does around 400-450, Id wish Fox to stop it there and start thinking bigger with other characters, spin-offs, at least ONE new series. To see how it works.

Then, if some years later, Fox and Hugh talk about a third Wolverine movie, I wouldnt be mad, since we will have had another team movie with original cast, and another solo movie at the very least.

but Wolverine 3 on 2016? please No, lol. Keep it for 2018 or so. To let the franchise and the other characters shine a little bit.

I agree with that, Im not gonna want another Wolverine film for awhile. And if Jackman doesn't want one then thats that. Was more saying the success of that film will more then likely determine the fate for other non main flicks.

I think the last thing people want is him taking up all the screen time in post DoFP team films. Which is why I mentioned moving him to an UXF roster in my original post. They wont ditch him so I say separate Logan from the main Cyclops lead team and add Gambit in his place to have some contrast between the team.

Last edited:
[/B]

Agreed.

In terms of the actual comics, The X-Men inhabit their own universe. Sure, while mutants have contributed greatly to the comic universes (616 and Ultimate,) the sheer number of characters and storylines is rival to the non mutant titles. Fox is sitting on a goldmine they have barely begun to tap; hence, the Fast & Furious argument is music, because that is the best way to tap into said vein.

mutants have a far more realistic stake in the Ultimate universe. Ultimate Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and The Ultimates all talk about mutants, "the mutant problem/situation/agenda" and have crossovers constantly. With 616 mutants often seem almost out of place.

I am one person who loves that Marvel doesn't have control of X-Men. I like the separate universes. They function better in my opinion. X-Men can focus on a lot more characters when they are on their own. Marvel can focus on a lot more characters when they don't have to worry about mutants.

And regarding Wolverine. I've never been a Jackman fanboy anyway. He doesn't strike me as all that gruff or intimidating.

I would hangout with Jackman. I would trust him alone with my girlfriend. I should not trust Wolverine alone with anyone.

I've even considered Jackman might make a better Cyclops:
hjcyke.jpg

I agree with that, Im not gonna want another Wolverine film for awhile. And if Jackman doesn't want one then thats that. Was more saying the success of that film will more then likely determine the fate for other non main flicks.

I think the last thing people want is him taking up all the screen time in post DoFP team films. Which is why I mentioned moving him to an UXF roster in my original post. They wont ditch him so I say separate Logan from the main Cyclops lead team and add Gambit in his place to have some contrast between the team.

oh, man, a movie with Cyclops, Gambit and Rogue working together would be like a dream come true to me.

I still have faith. :hrt:

I am one person who loves that Marvel doesn't have control of X-Men. I like the separate universes. They function better in my opinion. X-Men can focus on a lot more characters when they are on their own. Marvel can focus on a lot more characters when they don't have to worry about mutants.

Yeah, but they are not doing that. At all. Even with FC and Wolverine its been about the same people so far. They have all these characters and are doing nothing with them.

If all they want is one X-Film every two-three years then they are better off at Marvel so they can play with the biillonares in an actual expanded universe.

Last edited:
Yeah, but they are not doing that. At all. Even with FC and Wolverine its been about the same people so far. They have all these characters and are doing nothing with them.

If all they want is one X-Film every two-three years then they are better off at Marvel so they can play with the biillonares in an actual expanded universe.

Well, I can't argue that point. Everyone of these movies might as well be titled "Wolverine" with the exception of First Class which was basically the first X-Men film.

And while that is Fox's fault, I don't think Marvel would benefit from your idea. X-Men might benefit. But the Avengers world would suffer. Of course that's an opinion.

But I have no problem giving Fox all the chances they need to get it right. Because at the end of the day, I'll still have the 90s cartoon (cartoons being where X-Men belong visually anyway) and I'll still have the MCU.

And while that is Fox's fault, I don't think Marvel would benefit from your idea. X-Men might benefit. But the Avengers world would suffer. Of course that's an opinion.

I can see that pov. MCU is giving us alot of new stuff right now and doing fine without X-Men. Right now it wouldnt make a difference in the MCU's success. Down the line I think they would benefit. The connecting of all MCU films have proved to be pretty successful.

I agree both have more potential apart. Fox just needs to just start doing a better job representing the characters and Universe. They have alot of characters sitting on the sidelines while going on 7 films. While others have just been left in the dust or underdeveloped.

Last edited:
I do think DoFP should do its absolute best to avoid focus on Wolverine, while still being a DoFP movie. And next (whether it be AoA or w/e) if he is in it at all, Wolverine should play a role similar in size to First Class or smaller.

Haha. He was awesome in FC. Logan is one of my favorite characters so I don't have a problem with him showing up. He does belong in DoFP, I just want him away from the main X team post DoFP. They need to get the basics right there. Hard to imagine the movie universe X Men team operating without Logan, which is pretty sad. He's been their driving force for over 12 years.

Honestly, my plan would be to use DOFP as the last hurrah for the original actors and that team line up and have it split off into two alternate timelines. Use the First Class timeline as the new starting point for the franchise.

Reintroduce Cykes, Storm, & Jean into the timeline as younger characters and probably add some new faces as well. Maybe do the Mutant Massacre storyline or one of the various ones with Mister Sinister.

I'd also start to world build the X-Men universe as well. There are plenty of characters that can carry a solo movie outside of Wolverine or other teams that are capable as well. X-Corp, Excalibur, X-Factor Investigations, The Shiar would all be cool.

Honestly, my plan would be to use DOFP as the last hurrah for the original actors and that team line up and have it split off into two alternate timelines. Use the First Class timeline as the new starting point for the franchise.

Reintroduce Cykes, Storm, & Jean into the timeline as younger characters and probably add some new faces as well. Maybe do the Mutant Massacre storyline or one of the various ones with Mister Sinister.

I'd also start to world build the X-Men universe as well. There are plenty of characters that can carry a solo movie outside of Wolverine or other teams that are capable as well. X-Corp, Excalibur, X-Factor Investigations, The Shiar would all be cool.

This is a fine idea. New Cyke/Jean/Storm/Iceman/Angel sounds just dandy to me.

I'm thinking their best bet for recasting Wolverine is also to go at least whole movie without him. And then recast him in a future sequel.

I think Wolverine is probably the only character they don't need to recast. As much as he's been placed in the forefront, I think Hugh Jackman is just so dedicated and plays the character so well it'll be hard to find anyone else to take his place.

Anyone else would seem like pale imitation.

yeah, because there arent really talented actors out there that could get in shape to play a strong character.

I'd like to see that happen.

I'm not sure I'm too fond of the concept of creating a cinematic universe out of films that don't even fit in the same continuity.

In other words, can we please just reboot X-Men already? :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"