Constantine headed to NBC

I'd imagine that if they were to set the series in the US, that it would be in NYC. That's the most recognizable city and they want to capitalize on that.

I'm a big Hellblazer fan and I'll admit the Constantine movie is serviceable if you have never read the comics but as an adaptation of the comics its not a good adaptation.

The NBC show is probably going to be set in the U.S. rather than London which is to be expected I suppose although I do hope the character remains British. I also prefer John Constantine be based in New York like he is in the current comics and when he was with Emma rather than LA.

New York is more like London than LA and just feels more like a place lots of weird occult stuff would go down than Los Angles does.

I don't know, I liked that the movie was based in LA. There was an eerie emptiness that you don't get from New York.

NYC just looks like a place where creepy supernatural stuff would occur, especially certain parts of it.

I'm a big Hellblazer fan and I'll admit the Constantine movie is serviceable if you have never read the comics but as an adaptation of the comics its not a good adaptation.

The NBC show is probably going to be set in the U.S. rather than London which is to be expected I suppose although I do hope the character remains British. I also prefer John Constantine be based in New York like he is in the current comics and when he was with Emma rather than LA.

New York is more like London than LA and just feels more like a place lots of weird occult stuff would go down than Los Angles does.

i kinda hope it bounces back and forth to different places, actually. like the first hellblazer issue started off with him coming back to london then he went to see papa midnite in new york, i think ? i need to re-read it. lol

their best bet would be to cast someone who's actually british , but if they do cast an american...

tumblr_mleu4pKLj71qmov22o1_500.png

^ Awesome choice for American Constantine.

Man, when i heard the news i was both happy and super frustrated. I think John is the perfect character for an urban supernatural drama film with London playing a big part in the story and the soundtrack filled with Tom Waits and punk. A tv show can work but its network tv, its gonna be nerfed big time and Goyer's name attatched to it doesn't really comfort me, i think he is a decent writer for Sups and Bats but this is different, vastly different. Hellblazer is a character piece, there are issues where he just roams London monologuing, doing nothing and still manage to be interesting and awesome, i fear such elements will get lost for the sake of being "not boring" to the general audience.

They should start with the very first Hellblazer issue, just like Jamie Delano didn't know the character in the first issue, they shouldn't either, just go where the wind blows.

I liked the movie too but i think its time for the real John. Not that we will get John Constantain, Hellblazer but at least make him a liverpudlian and blond.

Agreed. Cumberbatch gets suggested for everything, but he really would nail the part of Constantine

Sure, Cumberbatch would be great. I am a Cumber*****, i am in.

Although a more tv actor is going to get the part. I am thinking Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

i always loved the art in your avatar, NosfeRomas.

Tim Bradstreet defined Constantine's look for me and that image sums up the character perfectly.

you won't be getting the Hellblazer version which is a shame it's going to be the watered down New 52 Constantine.

There is not enough content for a New 52 adaptation (which i do not dislike, for a mainstream Constantine its fine(this one is teen not tain)) unless they use all new original stories or water down adaptations of the Hellblazer arcs. I am guessing if it gets made it will be episodic with monster of the week (i hate that format) and a bigger plotline gradually unfolding (Nergal possibly ? or the cancer subplot).

i just wanna see that Justice League Dark movie. Constantine interacting with Swamp Thing is too cool to pass up. I don't even really care about this show. If it's good I'll watch it, but I'm way more pumped for JL: D

I liked the movie too but i think its time for the real John. Not that we will get John Constantain, Hellblazer but at least make him a liverpudlian and blond.

Yes please. I'm from Liverpool and that's one thing that irked me about the Keanu movie. They changed so much of the character it was barely the guy from the printed page. I'm half expecting him not to though so that the American audience can understand what he's saying. If he does, expect subtitles [alal The Ultimate Fighter], or a bad John Lennon impersonation.

They don't have to use Scouse accent, a london one with a touch of cockney will do. I can't do a scouse accent (and it wasn't for lack of trying) so when i read the comics, my mind's voice is a combination of John Lyndon and David Bowie's.

When Alan Moore created John Constantine he wanted to make him a working class magician and when people think working class accents one of the first that comes to mind is cockney so Constantine sounded a bit like a Londoner or at least from the south of England.

When Delano started writing him he made John a Liverpudlian but one who left for London when he was 15. In the Hellblazer comics when John is a kid he is written to sound Scouse like in dead boy heart but most of the time writers write him to sounds like a Londoner using London colloquialisms, phrases and speech patterns.

In my head he sounds like Spike from Buffy but with a deeper voice.

Liverpudlian born actor David Morrissey (the walking dead) who has lived in London far longer than he ever lived in Liverpool but still sounds a bit Liverpudlian is a good example I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"