Fox promises Wolverine spin-off for 2007

ProductionMusic said:
Bleh there are other Movies to look forward to

To me it looks now no one will support WOLVERINE movie.

I think X-men fans are of no use to FOX and MARVEL now.

WorthyStevens4 said:
You think Wolverine's gonna take Batman down? I wouldn't bet any money on that.

And shouldn't this thread be in the Wolverine board?
I'd put my money on Batman.

I don´t see what´s the problem of a Wolverine movie taking Batman down. The character has lots of potential, and Hugh is an amazing actor. They have been working on the script for a long time so it´s not a rushed job as far as I can see. They just have to find the right director, and it can turn into one amazing movie.

The most that I can see 'Wolverine' making is $180 million (domestically).

BB2 could make well over $220 million.

Loganbabe said:
I don´t see what´s the problem of a Wolverine movie taking Batman down. The character has lots of potential, and Hugh is an amazing actor. They have been working on the script for a long time so it´s not a rushed job as far as I can see. They just have to find the right director, and it can turn into one amazing movie.
Batman already has an amazing director.:o

I know the script is not a rush job but filming may be and so is sfx.

Hugh is going on tour with the Boy From Oz then he has to promote 4 movies; The Fountain, The Prestige, Flushed Away and Happy Feet. After that he starts shooting that Baz Luhrman epic with Kidman in february.

When do Fox expect to start filming Wolverine when they don't even have a director on board? It sounds like another rush job to me.

WorthyStevens4 said:
The most that I can see 'Wolverine' making is $180 million (domestically).

BB2 could make well over $220 million.
Batman movies always do great numbers at the Box office.

Retroman said:
Batman movies always do great numbers at the Box office.

Well, with the exception of a certain sequel whose-name-I-won't-dare-utter.

:p

Retroman said:
Batman already has an amazing director.:o
He´s not the only amazing director around, you know. Why Wolverine can´t have one too?

When do Fox expect to start filming Wolverine when they don't even have a director on board? It sounds like another rush job to me.
It may sound, but it seems to me that it´s too early to predict the movie will be a failure or something. Unless you hate the character, that is.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Well, with the exception of a certain sequel whose-name-I-won't-dare-utter.

:p
Even that made money considering how crappy it was.

Loganbabe said:
He´s not the only amazing director around, you know. Why Wolverine can´t have one too?
I'm not saying it can't.Just about every big director wants to work with Hugh Jackman now.

Loganbabe said:
It may sound, but it seems to me that it´s too early to predict the movie will be a failure or something. Unless you hate the character, that is.
I'm not saying the movie will be a failure i just think that yet again Fox are trying to rush a movie in to theatres.18 months from now you'll be hearing how this cool scene or character was cut or that cool thing was because they had no time to finish it.

Advanced Dark said:
It's gonna get interesting with:

May 2008 Iron Man
June 2008 Batman (guess)
Narnia???
Die Hard 4???
Indiana Jones???
Wolverine???

I think Narnia and Indy could be Holiday releases.

You know what this means, don't you? pushing release days to unrealistic levels to be the first guy on the blood. Something tells me they'll cut production time on Wolverine in 1/2 and double the budget in order to beat their rivals

Well that is a bit soon 2007 I think they better could make it 2008

Like I said, no way this is going to be filmed before at least the middle of next year. Hugh has two movies he's filming before then - "The Tourist" in October after his arena tour and the Baz Luhrmann/Nicole Kidman Australian epic movie starting in February, which is rumored to take three to six months. I think Hugh said they are doing a third draft and once that's handed in they will get a director and pre-production can start so all this stuff will be going on while he's filming his other movies. Don't expect this movie until at least 2008, maybe later.

I can only hope this means they are filming it next year not releasing it although known Fox that wouldn't surprise me:(

I'm with narrows...they had to have meant it would be filmed in 2007. He sounds too busy to have time to film it this year--and keep in mind this is the first film by his new production company, I can't imagine he'd screw that up. And Fox won't do the movie without him. :)

Keep in mind, Variety was still reporting that he had a cameo in "Superman Returns" just recently...so even the trades aren't always accurate.

And if it comes out the same summer as Batman? More fun for me. :up:

Retroman said:
Great another rush job in the making.

jajajajaja.

No, it could be, but I think this film would be good, come on! it's Wolverine...

It's already a guaranteed pile of poo as far as I'm concerned. I'm not spending one more cent on these movies.

ntcrawler said:
Something tells me they'll cut production time on Wolverine in 1/2 and double the budget in order to beat their rivals

Hey something like that already happened with The Last Stand why not Wolverine.

Loganbabe said:

Sadly wether you hate the Character or not Wolverine & Hugh Jackman is to popular for this Movie to fail & FOX knows this. I would not be surprised if they just stick with Wolverine Movies after the First One

wait they're trying to get this out in LESS than a year so to speak if they're aiming for another May release?

There's a bit of a problem with this altogether and Fox seems to really not be learning from their mistakes.

2007 will feature a hugely rushed Fantastic Four 2 which is supposed to feature Galactus, Silver Surfer and yet not one iota of film has been shot on and the script isn't even ready yet... yet they want to release it in July of next year... genius

Now this... Benioff is a great writer and i'm sure he has a pretty solid draft but casting, director? costumes? cinematographer? special effects crew? location scouting... all of this takes far more time, then the actual shooting will begin... it's very solid that they're doing yet ANOTHER ****ing rush job... these guys are true geniuses.

Spidey 3 will own each and every single one of their asses next year... Whatever the case, 2007 will defn be Marvel's as there is no DC release in sight.

what..... is Singer releasing a movie next year, and fox has to release this one first........

there ain't nothing like the smell of rushed movies...........

Optic Rage said:
LOL please dont tell me you think Wolveriine is going to stand up to Batman.

I know thats what i said, Bb2 will KILL Wolverine. Anyway, I am A LOT more excited for BB2 than another Fox rushjob. Hmmmmm lets see, Batman Begins: Best comic book movie ever made. X-Men 3: Biggest dissapointment in my life and another total rush job by 20TH CENTURY ****S STUDIOS. Nah i'll look forward to BB2 more thanks.

Like I said previously, there is NO WAY this is being released next year - Hugh is doing another movie in October and another one in February, so it won't even be filmed before the middle of next year at the earliest. Plenty of time for a third draft, get a director, pre-production, etc. This was just an official announcement that the movie is being made.

Angel Of Dark said:
what..... is Singer releasing a movie next year, and fox has to release this one first........

there ain't nothing like the smell of rushed movies...........
I just read an interview that Bryan Singer gave and he said after Superman he's taking a long vacation - he's basically "fried." He's not even doing the Logan's Run movie.

We sure have a lot of athletes around here...everyone is doing a great job jumping to conclusions. :p

It was just an announcement that the movie was being made.

Ridiculous if this is true - yet another RUSH JOB Fox is attempting. I thought they would learn their lesson by now with rushing their films and getting a sub-par result with the last two films FF and X3. You could go back further and say DD and Elektra as well.

Fox doesn't want to compete with Nolan's Batman sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"