Franchises you've been with since the beginning.

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
tvXo0jil.png

I don't mean you've played every single game in the series, but rather franchises where you played the original game around the time it came out, and you still like the series and play new releases regularly.

Ideally these would be franchises that have been around a bit (at least three or four main releases), but you can answer however you want.

Also, I'll allow you to name franchises that had earlier, more obscure or apocryphal releases and got their "real" start later on. For example, if you want to say Mario started at Super Mario Bros. and ignore Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Junior, that would be totally fine.

Last edited:
Metroid
The Legend of Zelda
Sonic

I've beaten 5 Silent Hill games (1,2,3,4 Homecoming)
6 Assassins Creed games (1,2,3,4, Brotherhood and Revelations)
At least 9 Resident Evil games. Can't remember them all.
Mortal Kombat. Except for MK4/Gold, MK: SF and the Handhelds I've played pretty much every one in the series.

Assassins Creed
All of the call of duty games

The last 5 battlefield games

Assassin's Creed, though I've yet to play the newest one.

Mario Bros (though i do admit, that post Gamecube it's been hard to keep up and have not played a good chunk of the games. i still very much enjoy them though)

Metal Gear Solid

Resident Evil

Zelda

Mortal Kombat

Grand Theft Auto

Mario
Sonic
Arkham Series
Halo
Assassin's Creed
Donkey Kong

Batman: Arkham series is the only one I can think of right now, definitely going to change this gen with the likes of Titanfall & Watch_Dogs.

Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong Country
Metal Gear
Half-Life
Deus Ex
Resident Evil
Mass Effect

I would like to add The Legend of Zelda on there as well, because I more or less started with the first one and I never stopped loving the series. However, I did stop playing the series for a very long chunk of time between Wind Waker and A Link Between Worlds and missed out on a ton of games. So I'm not counting it.

Metal Gear Solid
Splinter Cell
Assassins Creed
NBA 2K
Forza

Thats about it in terms of series i was with from the start and still play. Series like Resident Evil I didnt play until later

Sonic
Mario
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil
Arkham series
Halo
Gears

There are a bunch I know that I'm forgetting, but I don't want to overload it with too many. It's a ton when I really think about it.

Mario
Sonic
Resident Evil
Donkey Kong Country
Street Fighter
Mortal Kombat
Batman Arkham
God of War

Metal Gear Solid(started with 2, went back played MGS and I've been with the series since.)
God of War(Played of all them except Ghost of Sparta and Ascension.)
Sonic The hedgehog(Played the first one and continued, but I haven't stuck with the more lackluster games recently.)
XML/MUA

Assassin's Creed. I've been a huge fan since the first game and have enjoyed every sequel since. In fact, just bought Liberation off Steam last night. :)

how the hell did i forget to put FIFA and Arkham onto my list?!

Grand Theft Auto is the first one that springs to mind, but there's a couple of others that just sort of 'happened' like the Arkham series. Mass Effect too. And Assassins Creed I suppose, although I've skipped a couple of the off-shoots and pretty much given up on the series now.

Last edited:
I've had a beaten spouse relationship with resident evil since the beginning, I just keep coming back and being disappointed. Also gran turismo and final fantasy I've been with as long as I can remember.

Assassin's Creed
Batman Arkham
Gears of War
Grand Theft Auto
Halo
Infamous
Little Big Planet
Mass Effect
Mortal Kombat
Uncharted
Splinter Cell
Street Fighter
WWE Smackdown/SvR/2K

And probably so me others I'm forgetting

Mortal Kombat
Fable
God of War
Gears of War
Devil May Cry
Grand Theft Auto
Max Payne
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Infamous

Assassin's Creed
Forza Motorsports
Halo
most of the COD games
most of the Rainbow Six games
Fallout
XML/MUA
and a cross-generational nod to Sonic. I started with the original Sonic back on my Genesis, and gradually tired of it; but surprisingly, my 11-year old son has been fascinated with every iteration of Sonic from then on, and still avidly plays the retro ones as well as the current ones.

Madden
God of War
Tomb Raider
WWF/E games
Grand Theft Auto
Tecmo Bowl 1,2,3
Halo
I've watched my girlfriend play every Final Fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"