Sci-Fi Francis Ford Coppola's MEGALOPOLIS

Finally watched that first full trailer and I thought it was gorgeous. The imagery is striking and visually pleasing, Coppola certainly had a vision for this. Reading the reviews, those pretty images haven't manifested into a great story or a great movie for many, but I'll watch it for myself. I don't think it'll get the Dolby treatment over here, who knows if it's even coming over here, but I'll definitely watch it that way if it's an option.

Oh boy, this is gonna be one of those "you just dont understand this film" kind of films that people on the internet are going to fight over, isnt it? lol

Oh boy, this is gonna be one of those "you just dont understand this film" kind of films that people on the internet are going to fight over, isnt it? lol

Based on the reviews it sounds like the various messages that Coppola is trying to convey do come across. The problem is that he forgot to tell an engaging and coherent story with actual characters.

A review blurb from a critic:

"Megalopolis is stilted, earnest, over the top, CGI ridden, and utterly a mess. And yet you can picture a crowded theater shouting along with Jon Voight as he says in one key scene, “What do you make of this b***r I got?”

This movie seems wild :funny: :funny:

A review blurb from a critic:

"Megalopolis is stilted, earnest, over the top, CGI ridden, and utterly a mess. And yet you can picture a crowded theater shouting along with Jon Voight as he says in one key scene, “What do you make of this b***r I got?”

This movie seems wild :funny: :funny:
Pretty bold of them to think this will get such a release. :o

I’m assuming the Shia character will cause some issues, it sure was in the og script. I give the old master all the cred in the world for going down swinging. An old king dying fighting.

IbPGYG0.gif

I saw one which hurt my soul and made me laugh. They basically said this is a Neil Breen film with 100 million budget.

Don't threaten me with a good time.

That person also said it was never boring. Crazy to think about this being made prior to 9/11, and it had DiCaprio, Deniro, James Gandolfini, Thurman and many more attached. Coppola talks about filming that script reading in detail.

I am so fascinated by how defensive people are of Coppola and cherry picking details from that Guardian article. Mostly ignoring the sexual misconduct lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"