The Defenders Frank Castle/The Punisher

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
I wonder if The Punisher well Jon Bernthal's Frank Castle if he will show up in The Defenders either in a cameo or in a full capacity? I mean he is apart of the Netflix MCU as well as Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones

I wonder if The Punisher well Jon Bernthal's Frank Castle if he will show up in The Defenders either in a cameo or in a full capacity? I mean he is apart of the Netflix MCU as well as Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones

They'll probably mention him...I doubt he'll show up tho.

But it would only make sense if Frank showed up on this show I mean he is in the same universe as all of these heroes and not to mention he has crossed paths with Matt numerous times but I don't think Frank has had the pleasure of meeting Luke Cage, Jessica Jones or even Danny Rand/Iron Fist yet

More Punisher is always a good thing so I hope he does show up. It would makes sense too, since it would be a lead-in to his own show, which is the next Netflix offering after Defenders, right?

A part of me really hopes that we get to see him join on the action with the rest of the group, when going up against the Hand, near the end of the series. And I'm not just talking about simply acting as a sniper but really letting loose on the Hand.

I really hope not. If it's an appearance, make it a small cameo. Real small.

I liked his appearance in S2 of DD, but it seemed they made more of it, then it needed to be.

This is about our 4 heroes. Netflix wants to promote The Punisher, but I'd hate for FC to be included simply for this.

A part of me really hopes that we get to see him join on the action with the rest of the group, when going up against the Hand, near the end of the series. And I'm not just talking about simply acting as a sniper but really letting loose on the Hand.

I'd also like to see this mostly because I feel like his final appearance in DD S2 was anti-climactic and we were robbed of an epic team up with Frank.

Me too I'd rather Frank not show up. It just wouldnt feel right. The next time we see him I wanna see him working without those other marvel heroes and doing damage on his own.

I can see him being saved for his own show. If he gave a cameo I wouldn't be pissed.

I really hope not. If it's an appearance, make it a small cameo. Real small.

I liked his appearance in S2 of DD, but it seemed they made more of it, then it needed to be.

This is about our 4 heroes. Netflix wants to promote The Punisher, but I'd hate for FC to be included simply for this.

I'm a big comicbook fan and have like the opposite view from you. If Frank was in all 8 episodes I'd love it. They could introduce Moon Knight, Ghost Rider or whoever and I'd be cool with it. Punisher being a recurring character would take nothing away from the Defenders.

I may be in the minority though as I was one who wasn't crying about Iron Man in Homecoming and actually wished he were in it more.

Yeah I have to agree with others that I don't want Frank in this season. If they do a season 2 of Defenders than I would like it to be like in #3 of the current Defenders run. A small role. And if you guys aren't reading it than you should be because it's great.

But I thought they were teasing about him in the comic con trailers?
That was more of teaser for the Netflix Marvel shows as a whole I would say, which is appropriate because Punisher is getting his own series in the fall.

Whoever reported on their websites that they saw Punisher in the first episode of Defenders (that was shown at Comic Con) should get their eyes checked.lol

I remember a few websites reporting that the opening scene for the first episode was where they saw Danny and Jessica finding a injured Punisher in the sewers...when in fact it was Danny and Colleen and that the guy they found looked nothing like Frank Castle.lol

Deadline reported that. Dominic Patten wrote this:

http://deadline.com/2017/07/the-defenders-comic-con-sneak-screening-first-episode-marvel-1202132871/

The dark Defenders episode opened with a fight scene in a wet tunnel as Iron First and Jessica Jones try to save an injured Punisher from the villianous Hand — and that’s all before the opening credits. Needless to say, the crowd loved it from the beginning.

He thought Colleen Wing was Jessica Jones...Did he really think they would kill off the Punisher before the opening credits?

I never saw the Deadline report, but that's hilarious. The guy did sort of look like him though so I can kind of understand it, although you find out pretty quickly that it's definitely not him. A part of me was honestly hoping he would show up, but after a while I knew it wasn't happening.

Whoever reported on their websites that they saw Punisher in the first episode of Defenders (that was shown at Comic Con) should get their eyes checked.lol

Matt Murdock, movie reporter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"