• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Frank Langella Has Lost His Mind!

This is why, despite how much flack Batman & Robin receives, I will always enjoy it because Arnold Schwarzenegger looks like he's having so much FUN playing Mr. Freeze.

It was definitely weird to see Skeletor play Superman's boss.

As a kid Skeletor was my favourite part, he must have made his kid so thrilled.

I love it when actors know they're in a turd and they just ham it up and play along.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I like that he said that. I love when actors actually don't b**ch about being in genre films and just have fun with it.

Who wouldn't want to play a bad-guy/gal in Superhero/action movie?

I haven't seen the movie yet but I like that he said that. I love when actors actually don't b**ch about being in genre films and just have fun with it.

On the other side of the coin, I cringe when I hear them say in interviews that they 'checked their subtlety in at the door' or something; basically treating the role like that of a pantomime villain of something - as a license to overact.

On the other side of the coin, I cringe when I hear them say in interviews that they 'checked their subtlety in at the door' or something; basically treating the role like that of a pantomime villain of something - as a license to overact.
I get what you are saying but if the performance works for me I couldn't care less if they checked their subtlety at the door.

Yea you gotta love the scenery chomping. Major props for him to not being ashamed of it.

And as someone else said, who wouldn't want to be a over the top villain? I think every actor in the world would love to play a role like that at least once. It's always more fun being the villain. :up:

I get what you are saying but if the performance works for me I couldn't care less if they checked their subtlety at the door.

No, I don't think you do get what I'm saying; It's not any fault on your part though - looking at my post I dont think I got what I meant across like I wanted to.

What I did mean was that I hate it when actors see comicbook roles as somehow being less valid as other dramatic roles. Sure, there's been an unturn in attitudes in recent years but there was undeniably a time when actors almost thought it was something to be ashamed of in terms of their career.

Like a role in a comicbook movie was to be looked down on with derision. Acompanied with the attitude that as long as they're in it, they might as well enjoy themselves with over the top, wantonly self-indulgent hammy acting.

One case springs to mind is Tommy Lee Jones in Batman Forever. I remember interviews where he was less than respectful for the source material and the role he had been given. He neemed so nonshalant to the whole thing.

Langella is to be applauded for not sharing the same attitude.

Last edited:

I'd love to play Lois or WW. :hehe:

Heh, I think it's pretty cool that he is not snobby and admitted to having fun in that kind of role.

agreed most actor once they have made it "big" shun all the smaller "daft" roles they did to get started

he actually was pretty cool as skeletor and made the movie a lot better

when i was a little kid i really didnt have a problem with this movie. i really dont think that littel kids were complaining when the movie was out or 5 years later.

If it wasnt for the budgetary constraints, we wouldve got an absolutely epic MOTU movie.

Instead of being the one good thing about it, he wouldve been one of many good things.

He was brillant as Skeletor!!!! he was clearly having fun i see no difference between him and Jack Nicholson as Joker in B89 or John Leguizamo in Spawn both great performances where you can see they are having a great time playing the villian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"