Reaction score
Link.

Frasier's Best Friend 'Eddie' Dies
Monday Jun 26, 2006 4:00pm EST
By Pamela Warrick
Frasier's Best Friend 'Eddie' Dies | Frasier
Moose, with Kelsey Grammer on set
CREDIT: EVERETT COLLECTION

Moose, the feisty Jack Russell terrier who played Eddie for 10 years on TV's Frasier, has died, his trainer Mathilde Halberg tells PEOPLE.

"He was 16-and-a-half years old, and he just had an incredible charisma and was a such a free spirit," said Halberg. Moose, considered the Lassie of the '90s, died Thursday night of old age at Halberg's Los Angeles-area home.

Moose retired from showbiz when he was 10, and, although he also played a starring role in the 2000 Frankie Muniz-Kevin Bacon feature My Dog Skip (as the older Skip), he was best known for stealing scenes from Kelsey Grammer on the long-running Emmy-winning NBC sitcom.

"He was always trying to put Frasier in uncomfortable circumstances," said his trainer, who had rescued him in the early 1990s.

"I saved him from the pound. His owners called me as a last resort," Halberg recalled. "He was extremely mischievous, always escaping, chewing up things and running off. When he killed a neighbor's cat and chased some horses, that was it."

Not that anyone who owns a Jack Russell would find such behavior surprising. "But then," remembered his trainer, "he began his career, and he will never be forgotten."

R.I.P :(

R.I.P. Eddie

that dog was amazing and hilarious...at least he had a good long life for a dog.

This honestly ruins my night.
Eddie was a good one.

Dumb title. Frasier hated the dog in the show. It was his Dad's best friend.

Wow. 16 years is an eternity for Dogs.

RIP

Drakon said:
Wow. 16 years is an eternity for Dogs.

RIP

It will definitely be Ripped In Pieces when they send his little body to the rendering plant to be turned into dog food.

War Lord said:
It will definitely be Ripped In Pieces when they send his little body to the rendering plant to be turned into dog food.
No, no, no, they'll put him in a black plastic coffin and shoot him out into space, dummy. :mad:

R.I.P. :(

Just heard it on the news, I liked the show and the dog

DOG LIPS said:
No, no, no, they'll put him in a black plastic coffin and shoot him out into space, dummy. :mad:

And have Amazing Grace on bagpipes. They have to. He's the goddamn Fraiser dog.

I love that show and the dog. :o

I'm heartbroken. He will always be in the warmest place in my heart. Rest in peace, Eddie/Moose.

Ice him and bring back in the future!

R.I.P Freddie.

DOG LIPS said:

Then his remains will comingle with the ashes of Timothy Leary and a rare space anomaly will mutate it all into a tripped-out Dog-Man that will fly to Earth and be our saviour.

I never liked Frasier...but SKIP!!!!????

:(

I loved that movie...

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Then his remains will comingle with the ashes of Timothy Leary and a rare space anomaly will mutate it all into a tripped-out Dog-Man that will fly to Earth and be our saviour.
Oh the humanity! :(

Bye bye moose :( I loved frasier and eddie was such a character in the show :)

All these animals dying lately, my guinea pig died yesterday too :(

Every time we *********e, a dog dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"