Fringe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO. The "Red" universe is actually the reverse. Peter was never suppose to live according to the Observers.

So it should be:

Red- Peter dies in both universes.

Blue- Observer steps in and saves Peter, thus changing Red completely. The Observers then manipulate things to get Peter in the machine. This is to set things right by wiping him from existence and setting it back to the Red timeline.

Peter never fully vanished however and showed up in the Red timeline. We still don't know how or why yet.

I think that with Peter there, it is causing those close to him to regain some of there Blue memories (Olivia dreaming about him).

When they stepped into the town that David Robert Jones was experimenting with, this accelerated Olivia (probably because of the Cortexiphan).

Just my thoughts.

but wasnt the red universe the one where alt walter found the cure for his son, but the observer was in the room and alt walter noticed him so the cure was cooking to long and caused it to fail? so red peter should have been cured but the observer created the problem that caused this whole multiverse mess?

You're right September distracted Walternate on accident. So I will change my version.

Red- Our Peter dies, but the Alternate Peter lives by being cured by Walternate.

Blue- Observer accidentally distracts Walternate and he misses the cure for Peter, thus changing Red completely. Walter sees the mistake and decides to take Peter, but they fall in to the icy water when they return to our universe. In order to course correct and keep Peternate(?) alive, September dives in to save them. They then get him to use the machine and he disappears.

Peter never fully vanished however and showed up in a new timeline (we still don't know how or why yet). In this one both Peter's die. I think that explains why September showed up with a gun shot wound. Maybe he got shot before saving them.

I think that with Peter there, it is causing those close to him to regain some of there Blue memories (Olivia dreaming about him).

When they stepped into the town that David Robert Jones was experimenting with, this accelerated Olivia (probably because of the Cortexiphan).

I'm of the opinion that Peter is in his original universe, not another reality like he's been convincing himself. The only different is that without his presence, the timeline in this universe has run a little differently.

The Olivia, Walter, etc are all too similar to the earlier ones for me to accept it's a different reality entirely, and there have also been some subtle hints throughout the last few episodes that this is his own reality - he just doesn't know it yet.

We have to remember that Peter himself is not aware he was wiped from existence. He appeared in the lake, and as far as his perception is concerned, he's in a different universe because no-one recognised him.

Now people are starting to remember him and his timeline is starting to correct itself. In a way, his re-appearance in lake is symbolic of the timestream - the ripples from his re-introduction into his reality are starting to emanate out and be felt by others, manifesting itself in the restoration of thoughts, feelings and memories associated with Peter's original existence.

The big questions now are:

1) What caused his re-appearance? Was it the machine? Was his effect on Walter/Olivia/etc so strong that he was subconsciously willed back into existence by them? Or was it some other external force?

2) As people start to remember more and more, will this timeline be restored back to exactly what it was at the point of Peter's disappearance last season? Would this mean that people like David Robert Jones will effectively vanish, given that he died in Peter's original timeline?

3) If all this comes to pass ................. what has been the whole point of Peter's disappearance and reappearance, as far as story is concerned? We would simply be back where we were at the finale of last season. I think there's got to be some other purpose to all this.

Ok...i'm gonna say it. That was possibly the best episode of the entire series.

I'm of the opinion that Peter is in his original universe, not another reality like he's been convincing himself. The only different is that without his presence, the timeline in this universe has run a little differently.

This has been my thought too.

I think you guys are making this more complicated than it needs to be...
This.

But is there a possibilty that theres a 5th or 6th timeline and they are both negative so they take each other out but there is a -1 universe remainder so the world erupts?:exp:

:cwink:

might be thinking to much about it and adding things that are not there, but thats why the show is great, it brings very good discussions and peoples personal theories.

Great episode. Next one looks to be amazing. I noticed that September was labeled Mr. X on the brain scan machine Walter uses next week. Made me think of the Mr X that was in the animated episode. Olivia said that he was the one that would kill her. Coincidence?

great episode indeed. Again im looking to much into it, but when peter and olivia kissed in the car....what color was dominating? green....which of course is what happens when blue and yellow is mixed....yes im thinking to much lol

next week is going to be amazing.

Am I to gather that the Nina with Lincoln and Walter was a shapeshifter?

I wish I had thought of that explanation :(

stupid brain isn't working tonight.

I need a little help here please.

I think that Olivia is hot and all, but there is something off with her face. I can't pinpoint what it is but shes pretty with one strange attribute.

Can anyone please tell me what it might be about her face that is slightly off lol

I need a little help here please.

I think that Olivia is hot and all, but there is something off with her face. I can't pinpoint what it is but shes pretty with one strange attribute.

Can anyone please tell me what it might be about her face that is slightly off lol

Her forehead. It's rather sloped, for lack of a better term.

bangs, alt Olivia has dem bangs and swagger and looks overall hotter, so when she doesnt have bangs, she looks weird.

So...the shapeshifter Nina was injecting Olivia with cortexiphan and replacing the used vials with potassium iodide?

I think it is her forehead, cause bolivia is much hotter than olivia to me. it must be the bangs, that and i have a thing for redheads

I'm 6 episodes behind, how is the season going? (gonna watch Wallflower and the rest today).

Holy **** how did I miss that Nina was a shapeshifter!!! I'm so excited we are going to find out who the observers are!

The other possibility is that Nina has moved up her time table since she is afraid that Walter and Lincoln are on to her. We've yet to see definitively that Nina has been in two places at the same time. Plus the shapeshifters usually kill the ones they copy...

Still, my first thought was that there was shifter involved.

The other possibility is that Nina has moved up her time table since she is afraid that Walter and Lincoln are on to her. We've yet to see definitively that Nina has been in two places at the same time. Plus the shapeshifters usually kill the ones they copy...

Still, my first thought was that there was shifter involved.

Well, she couldn't be in Massive Dynamics and tied up in a cellar with Olivia at the same time. Unless I'm missing something here.

I'm relieved that it seems like that Nina is not really a traitor.

Well, she couldn't be in Massive Dynamics and tied up in a cellar with Olivia at the same time. Unless I'm missing something here.

But are those two things happening at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"