The Wrestling Thread is great! The Wrestling Thread is special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedro and Alberto are Mexican/Latinos, Mexican Americans are Latinos/Hispanics.

Isn't Pedro Puerto Rican? If I recall correctly, part of the reason he got a title run in the first place was because Vince Sr. wanted to appeal to the large Puerto Rican population in New York City.

So Pedro and Alberto have been the only latino wwe champions while Eddie and Rey have been world heavyweight latino/hispanic champions.

Actually, Eddie didn't hold the World Heavyweight championship, he went over Brock for the WWE belt. Remember, Eddie had the WWE belt and Benoit had the World belt as they both closed out Wrestlemania XX.

Rey has held both the World title (twice) and the WWE title (once).

That's worse actually but I am going to leave it at that because it's racist to speak about racism. :dry:

I'm shocked at you HR! You have pics of everyone except Nick Foley's daughter. I can't be the only one who never tires of looking at her. That is some sweet eye candy right there! :up:

Gran Metalik ftw! I thought he would get eliminated here, Great f'n match!

Brian Kendrick has such a good story in this

This.. Is pretty cool.

#KevinOwens didn't know How he was going to win the #WWE Universal Title

Apparently the original plan was for Owens to lose, but he was not aware of the booking on how.

He was told that Roman Reigns was winning the belt. The eliminations where supposed to be Cass->Owens->Rollins. And it doesn't stop there. Even Stephanie and Foley had no clue how this would happen

The only ones that knew were Rollins, Reigns and Triple H and it is said that all three agreed that this would make the moment all the more special for the fans and Kevin Owens

And if this is true, then Owens, Stephanie and Foley were indeed shocked. And the expression on Owens' face and their was legit.

His tears(whether he knew or not) were legit and the emotional moment after was all real

SOURCE; wrestling Observer

Apparently ESPN mocked "fake wrestling" and even made fun of Owens son for being excited that his dad won a "fake" match. Owens wife went on a rant about it on Facebook. I knew ESPN was a cesspool but wow.. That's a new low for them.

F1v1KJK.jpg

Triple H can be an awesome boss/guy as much he he can be a dick!?

Ibushi vs Kendrick was awesome and after the match was just so damn fantastic

That was some damn emotion on the CWC just now. Man. Oh yeah and that espn guy is an idiot. Yeah, kid is super proud of his dad for making it to the top in something they both love, let me make fun of him. Moron.

Apparently ESPN mocked "fake wrestling" and even made fun of Owens son for being excited that his dad won a "fake" match. Owens wife went on a rant about it on Facebook. I knew ESPN was a cesspool but wow.. That's a new low for them.

F1v1KJK.jpg

That's ****ed up right there, So ignorant and no respect. Classless!

Also.. For those that don't know if already.. Vince Russo is a piece of ****. I love how he says he doesn't care.. But you can tell its grating on him.

Also, he blocked me on Twitter when I basically said that.

His rant.. Below.. Exactly how he typed it..

I believe it's obvious that Russo care...A LOT. When asked about Kevin Owen's winning the title, this was his reply.

"Ok bro, I am bombarded with the Kevin Owens people. Can I just say this? Let me just say this because we are going to talk about this for a while, ok? Listen, I’m going to say this once: if you are one of these idiots who actually believe that Kevin Owens actually won a scripted, fake wrestling match on TV yesterday, let me tell you a few things: 1) Please don’t tweet me for a couple of reasons, because you’re going to tweet me, I’m going to read your tweet, and I’m going to think to myself, what kind of jacka** is this that actually thinks Kevin Owens won a match, and then I’m going to block you because I can’t wrap my head around that level of stupidity. I can’t. If you actually think Kevin Owens won a match last night, I don’t care if you’re two...I don’t care if you’re four..I don’t care if you’re 8..I don’t care if you’re freaking 80..if you actually believe the guy won something, I can’t wrap my head around that. So a couple of things. Don’t tweet me. Here’s another thing, I don’t want you to listen to this show. If you are one of these people that Kevin Owens won a match yesterday, and shoved it up my backside because he is the WWE Universal Champion, and I said this about him, and I said that about him, please don’t listen to this show. I don’t want you insulting the intelligence of my show; so please, if you are one of those people who fall into the category, and you know who you are, don’t listen to my show. If I have to sit here and tell you wrestling is a work, and nobody wins or loses their matches. If I actually have to tell you that and you are over the age of 5 years old, please, please don’t tweet me, don’t listen to this show; disassociate yourself with Vince Russo. I’m irrelevant. I am all those things you say I am, please, please don’t listen to the show. Guys, if the [San Francisco] Giants go to the playoffs this year, and they lose, I will be upset, if anybody out there honestly believes for a second that I care that Kevin Owens is the WWE Universal Champion. Do you understand that in about a month, our promotion here, Rocky Mountain Pro is going to be on national television in about a month? That is what I care about, that is where my energy is. Do you think for one F’N second I care about Kevin Owens being WWE Universal Champion? For you to think that I actually care about this, please, if you fall under one of these categories, don’t listen to this show, just go away from me."

Then I hear things like; oh, 'says the guy who put the belt on David Arquette'. First of all, David Arquette was more over than Kevin Owens will ever be. Casual wrestling fans and casual wrestling viewers in general knew who David Arquette was. That’s first of all. Casual viewers have no idea who Kevin Owens is, and every time he comes out, literally they’re like, who is this guy? So, that comparison is ridiculous. Another thing I hear is; oh, says the guy who was going to put the belt on Tank Abbott. Well, I was going to put the belt on Tank Abbott because of the circumstances in the match, and oh by the way, Tank Abbott was a legitimate shoot fighter, and he knocked people out for a living and the way the story was written out made sense, so who knows, maybe he would of had the belt for a week.

F1v1KJK.jpg

That ESPN guy is a piece of garbage, he needs a severe reprimand and demotion, I can't believe people are still ignorant to the real sacrifices and dangers of pro wrestling in 2016.

I just skimmed through and man did he lose me with the David Arquette was more over than Kevin Owens will ever be bit. Yep, that is why you're done in the business and nothing more than a mouth Russo.

It's really hard to read.. But I wasn't editing it for him, lol

That ESPN guy is a piece of garbage, he needs a severe reprimand and demotion, I can't believe people are still ignorant to the real sacrifices and dangers of pro wrestling in 2016.

It just seems like he is trying too hard to make a name for himself and fill the ''edgy/controversial '' commentary role that Skip Bayless/Colin Cowherd were doing when they still were with ESPN

F1v1KJK.jpg

From Jonathan Coachman:

"Really thought you were better.Been jaded too long filling in on @LeBatardShow show. Can't appreciate real emotion"

This.. Is pretty cool.

Apparently the original plan was for Owens to lose, but he was not aware of the booking on how.

He was told that Roman Reigns was winning the belt. The eliminations where supposed to be Cass->Owens->Rollins. And it doesn't stop there. Even Stephanie and Foley had no clue how this would happen

The only ones that knew were Rollins, Reigns and Triple H and it is said that all three agreed that this would make the moment all the more special for the fans and Kevin Owens

And if this is true, then Owens, Stephanie and Foley were indeed shocked. And the expression on Owens' face and their was legit.

His tears(whether he knew or not) were legit and the emotional moment after was all real

SOURCE; wrestling Observer

wow. that's pretty awesome, if true.

however, I am legit curious.

if Owens knew he was going to be eliminated, but didn't know the exact booking, how then would he have known when to not kick out of a pin?

I mean, is that something they improvise during the match?

I'm pretty sure that during the match, Owens was hit with some big moves and then pinned. well, if he knew he was supposed to lose but didn't know exactly how, how would he know which pin attempts to kick out and which one to finally take the fall?

Regarding the lack of minorities of ever hold the WWE main title, the best chance someday in the future is for New Day to turn heel, have Xavier Woods win MITB and cash it in.

WOW! That makes his hesitation to go for the pin all the more better with the WTF look on his face.

I believe it's obvious that Russo care...A LOT. When asked about Kevin Owen's winning the title, this was his reply.

Normally, it would be trolling, but Russo didn't like anybody from NXT except for Enzo and Sasha. Everybody else didn't have The Look or was entertaining enough for Russo.

Its a shame Russo let's the marketing look of a Superstar affect him. If Owens was taller and jacked, Russo would be praising him to no end.

He's a Reigns fan and has hated Owens since day one, at least Russo is consistent, lol.

if Owens knew he was going to be eliminated, but didn't know the exact booking, how then would he have known when to not kick out of a pin?

I mean, is that something they improvise during the match?

I'm pretty sure that during the match, Owens was hit with some big moves and then pinned. well, if he knew he was supposed to lose but didn't know exactly how, how would he know which pin attempts to kick out and which one to finally take the fall?

He was probably told Reigns was going to hit him with the spear or something.

Last edited:
Its really cool if Owens didnt knew he would win...it would make the thing even better.
Having him be the champion now, without him being prepared for it...sounds so cool.

As for Russo:

He is garbage.
He is jealous and lives in the past...its best to just ignore his pathetic ass.

Also.. For those that don't know if already.. Vince Russo is a piece of ****. I love how he says he doesn't care.. But you can tell its grating on him.

Also, he blocked me on Twitter when I basically said that.

His rant.. Below.. Exactly how he typed it..

"Ok bro, I am bombarded with the Kevin Owens people. Can I just say this? Let me just say this because we are going to talk about this for a while, ok? Listen, I’m going to say this once: if you are one of these idiots who actually believe that Kevin Owens actually won a scripted, fake wrestling match on TV yesterday, let me tell you a few things: 1) Please don’t tweet me for a couple of reasons, because you’re going to tweet me, I’m going to read your tweet, and I’m going to think to myself, what kind of jacka** is this that actually thinks Kevin Owens won a match, and then I’m going to block you because I can’t wrap my head around that level of stupidity. I can’t. If you actually think Kevin Owens won a match last night, I don’t care if you’re two...I don’t care if you’re four..I don’t care if you’re 8..I don’t care if you’re freaking 80..if you actually believe the guy won something, I can’t wrap my head around that. So a couple of things. Don’t tweet me. Here’s another thing, I don’t want you to listen to this show. If you are one of these people that Kevin Owens won a match yesterday, and shoved it up my backside because he is the WWE Universal Champion, and I said this about him, and I said that about him, please don’t listen to this show. I don’t want you insulting the intelligence of my show; so please, if you are one of those people who fall into the category, and you know who you are, don’t listen to my show. If I have to sit here and tell you wrestling is a work, and nobody wins or loses their matches. If I actually have to tell you that and you are over the age of 5 years old, please, please don’t tweet me, don’t listen to this show; disassociate yourself with Vince Russo. I’m irrelevant. I am all those things you say I am, please, please don’t listen to the show. Guys, if the [San Francisco] Giants go to the playoffs this year, and they lose, I will be upset, if anybody out there honestly believes for a second that I care that Kevin Owens is the WWE Universal Champion. Do you understand that in about a month, our promotion here, Rocky Mountain Pro is going to be on national television in about a month? That is what I care about, that is where my energy is. Do you think for one F’N second I care about Kevin Owens being WWE Universal Champion? For you to think that I actually care about this, please, if you fall under one of these categories, don’t listen to this show, just go away from me."

Then I hear things like; oh, 'says the guy who put the belt on David Arquette'. First of all, David Arquette was more over than Kevin Owens will ever be. Casual wrestling fans and casual wrestling viewers in general knew who David Arquette was. That’s first of all. Casual viewers have no idea who Kevin Owens is, and every time he comes out, literally they’re like, who is this guy? So, that comparison is ridiculous. Another thing I hear is; oh, says the guy who was going to put the belt on Tank Abbott. Well, I was going to put the belt on Tank Abbott because of the circumstances in the match, and oh by the way, Tank Abbott was a legitimate shoot fighter, and he knocked people out for a living and the way the story was written out made sense, so who knows, maybe he would of had the belt for a week.

I ended up just skimming this stream of nonsense. Russo should never, ever be taken with an ounce of credibility, anymore than we should be asking the guy who produced the Jerry Springer show during its "hot" 1990s period about his thoughts on current TV drama. His thoughts have zero consistency or internal logic beyond hating whatever the "internet smarks" like.

It's hard to zone in on just one thing wrong with his latest rant, but I'll pick a crucial flaw in Russo's logic that he's repeatedly expressed for years. He says Owens isn't over and people don't care about him, despite the huge reactions at live shows and his massive IWC popularity. Because, and this is something he has expressed repeatedly, fans at live shows or talking about wrestling online, don't count. The only "fans" who count are the people who don't like wrestling, who are flipping through channels and whose attention you might fleetingly catch if your show is shocking or audacious enough. They're the only audience that counts, the only ones worth appealing to. That's a logic that has driven much of Russo's disastrous thinking over the last 20ish years. And it's a flawed logic, to say the least, because it's all the fans who "don't count" who actually care enough to attend live events who buy PPVs, subscribe to WWE Network, order merchandise... the stuff that actually makes WWE money. They absolutely are who you should be appealing to rather than the fickle casual viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"