Fringe Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TV Line:
Question: I’m in pre-cancellation mourning for Fringe, so please cheer me up by letting me know if we’ll get to see Agent Charlie Francis one more time before the end. With Prime Suspect dead and buried, surely Kirk Acevedo has a bit of time to spare. —Anthony

Ausiello: A Fringe source tells me it’s a distinct possibility we’ll see Charlie again, but there’s nothing on the books at the moment. And don’t administer last rites to the show just yet. Despite those apocalyptic Nielsens, Fringe very much remains in the hunt for another season. One scenario allegedly being bandied about has it returning for a final 15-episode run. If that happens I will be an extremely happy person.
Please please please.....

I just don't understand why people aren't watching this show and how this show can be up for cancellation. Maybe the people that watch it don't have those ratings boxes so the numbers are skewed. It's so freaking good on so many levels, I would expect geeks and nerds to be all over it.

I really hope it comes back for a new season to wrap things up. This is one of those shows that needs to have all the stories wrapped up.

I just don't understand why people aren't watching this show and how this show can be up for cancellation. Maybe the people that watch it don't have those ratings boxes so the numbers are skewed. It's so freaking good on so many levels, I would expect geeks and nerds to be all over it.

I really hope it comes back for a new season to wrap things up. This is one of those shows that needs to have all the stories wrapped up.

It's a smart show.

Which means 90% of people can't understand it.

It's a smart show.

Which means 90% of people can't understand it.

And the best part of that is when those people can't even own up to not keeping up, but instead blame it on the show and the writers.

It's really not that complicated of a show if you've been watching it from the start. If you're just tuning in this past season and don't understand it go watch the other seasons! If this show ends this season I'll pretty much have no hour long shows to watch anymore :(

Tonight's episode was awesome. Finally getting to see inside the mind of an Observer. I knew September would pay a price for not following orders, I just had no clue he'd pay with his life. Maybe this opens the actor up to play Lex in a Superman movie since that was a rumor floating around...

Human time travelers is kind of disappointing. How can you expect to be able to control multiple threads of time like that just being a regular old future human?

So is the real Nina still out there or is she dead?

The only thing we found out was what the Observers were. This moved nothing plot wise. We are back to square one. Disappointing

Human time travelers is kind of disappointing. How can you expect to be able to control multiple threads of time like that just being a regular old future human?

I doubt that they're just "regular old future humans." More like evolved humans. They might just be as removed from us as we are from Australopithecus.

So is the real Nina still out there or is she dead?

I have a feeling that the Nina that was being interrogated IS the real Nina. She wasn't lying to Broyles when she said she had no clue as to what was going on.

I think Peter is important to the Observers because he is there Adam and Olivia is there Eve.

Peter needs to stop pipe-dreaming. His timeline is gone. This is what's left. So, that being said, get in that ass already, Pete! :cmad:

Otherwise, great episode. Observer revelations! :awesome:

looks like peter will be back in the blue timeline by the end of the season. all signs point to it. almost hopped he wouldnt go back because this timeline seems pretty boss. no universe war, both walters are nice and not trying to kill eachother.

but the way the observer talked it seemed peter needs blue olivia, but why? if peter red is supposed to live and blue is supposed to die. why whould peter need to get with blue olive and not red olive as thats the timeline he was supposed to live in? so wouldnt getting with red olive be his only choice if the observer didnt distract walter?

Or the yellow timline is actually the blue and red without Peter, and not some separate timeline that Peter needs to escape from. And Olivia is getting back her memories, and not the memories of 'blue Olivia'.

I think Peter is important to the Observers because he is there Adam and Olivia is there Eve.

That is a very interesting theory. I'm guessing Olivia and Peter are slightly more evolved than normal humans and they give rise to the highly evolved humans of the far future?

This latest episode needed a final cliffhanger scene! Still, it was nice to see an Observer-centric episode.

By the way, remember when Peter was in the future, everything was destroyed, from which timeline was that?

This latest episode needed a final cliffhanger scene! Still, it was nice to see an Observer-centric episode.

By the way, remember when Peter was in the future, everything was destroyed, from which timeline was that?

If I had to guess it was the original blue and red timeline/universe. With the amber/yellow timeline/universe being the result of blue and red's destruction (as wiegeabo suggested).

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't September not tell Peter that

A) This Olivia is his Olivia

B) He had his son with the wrong Olivia

C) That he needs to get on with this Olivia

Leading Peter wanting to get back to the timeline with the wrong mom ?

I think he said he needs to be with the blue timeline Olivia. I think Peter was right before in that this is not his timeline and he needs to go back to his original blue universe. It certainly would make things much simpler for the audience to understand...

How is that simpler to understand?

What's simpler is that this is the same universe. Just one in which Peter didn't live, but not all traces of him were successfully wiped out. That's what we all thought in the last season finale, right? Not that, when Peter disappeared, we were suddenly seeing another set of universes, but that the timeline changed around them.

Not a third and fourth universe in a second timeline.

I wonder if they offered us a clue last night when Walter and Peter were talking about the SD card and a palimpsest. Maybe "the machine" scraped the timeline clean and wrote over it with this timeline sans Peter. Some things from the original timeline are leaking through ie. Olivia's memories.

Also, I like Paradox's theory of Peter and Olivia being a kind of Adam and Eve. Makes sense.

Personally, it's easier for me to understand because they've been going with that theory for the past few episodes. Peter needs to get back to his own timeline. I got it. But they keep confusing things with this universe being in the regular timeline or not. Just stick with one thing instead going back and forth.

And yeah, I like the Adam and Eve theory as well.

Maybe "the machine" scraped the timeline clean and wrote over it with this timeline sans Peter. Some things from the original timeline are leaking through ie. Olivia's memories.

that's how i see it.

What a brilliant episode. It was great to finally find out something about the Observers.

So they're evolved humans from many generations down the line, and they seem to have an inherent interest in Peter/Olivia/etc. I agree with Paradox that this implies some type of connection - perhaps Olivia's mental powers combined with Walter's various clinical trials/experiments in his earlier life somehow lead to a new evolution of humans, ultimately leads to them evolving into the Observers as we know them.

The video from Olivia's home - showing earlier images 'bleeding through' even though they were wiped over - is obviously an indirect reference to Peter's existence in this reality. Particularly since an observer (a few episodes back) used a very similar line about some remnants of Peter's existence continuing to 'bleed through', even though Peter had been all but wiped from reality. It was a very good way to suggest the comparison to the viewer.

I still believe Peter is in his original timeline, even though he's now convinced himself that he isn't.

Something else to note - I loved the viewing gallery type setup the Observers seem to have outside of time. It reminded me a lot of the 'Linear Men' from DC comics, a group who police time and work to resolve time paradoxes. They have strict rules about non-interference (just like Observers) and operate from a base called Vanishing Point, an observation centre which exists outside of the timestream in the very last nanosecond of the universe before everything ends. I wonder if the writers of Fringe took any inspiration from DC?

Last edited:
If I had to guess one thing. That would be that Peter & Olivia = the first Observers. Their kids & then their kids kids eventually become the Observers we all know & hate. Besides from September. But I guess the one thing that would kill this theory is. Why are the other Observers out to erase Peter ? I guess they could be trying to change things to get a new first Observers couple & not Peter & Olivia. But for some reason September wants things to stay Peter & Olivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"