The Wrestling Thread - Part 244

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lana is like a frightened puppy trying not to get stepped on in a crowded room

What is the deal with fans not trying to rally a comeback for their chosen wrestler any more? Headlocks and bearhugs used to be more fun because fans would stomp and clap until a guy made a comeback.

I can't remember the last time I saw the ref lift a guy's arm 2 times only to have them save it on the 3rd!

Well yeah, but back in the day people would do that to try and get the match moving again.
Yeah, but back in the day people lost to bear hugs and sleepers. Now people know it doesn't matter, no one is losing to those things.

Ugh. I don't know if i can think of a more uninteresting option than nattie vs naomi. When u have Charlotte and Becky on the show and you go with those two geeks something is wrong.

They took one of my favorite divisions in the WWE and turned it to crap. They have the two best women in the division not named Asuka and they continue to treat them like crap, while they have a champion worse then Jinder with the belt.

Well yeah, but back in the day people would do that to try and get the match moving again.

Because they do a poor job of getting people to connect with the audience

Yeah, but back in the day people lost to bear hugs and sleepers. Now people know it doesn't matter, no one is losing to those things.

I don't buy that. Even as a kid I knew that stuff rarely ended matches and was just there for the good guy to break out and do a big comeback.

There's a chance right now! Owen's has AJ in a tight headlock on the mat. Perfect opportunity for AJ to "fade" and the ref to raise his arm to check on him. Let AJ rally.

How long has it been since we saw a Torture Rack?!

What the hell? The booking is such trash right now.

Haji from Johnny Quest is juicing hard.

I don't buy that. Even as a kid I knew that stuff rarely ended matches and was just there for the good guy to break out and do a big comeback.

It's a combination of "smart" crowds not wanting to actually play along with the good vs evil aspect of it and wrestlers ruining the tension by forgetting how to properly sell and make it look like they were in danger. You could grab Ricky Morton of Ricky Steamboat by the wrist and they could make it look like you were crushing every bone in their body.

This PPV has had multiple lame/underwhelming finishes thus far. AJ vs. KO being the worst one (and surprise surprise, his booking has suffered once he became a babyface, because WWE doesn't know how to properly build them up these days).

I don't blame the crowd for their apathy, this has been an underwhelming show so far (outside of the tag match).

I'm getting kind of pissed, seeing the American Flag on the ground like this.

I kind of hate this PPV. It started out really well, but every finish since has been utter garbage.

I despise this show. I hate what Smackdown has become.

WWE just doesn't know what to do with Rusev. It's kind of pathetic really.

This show is pretty crap and not just because of who is winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"