• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

from what we ve seen do you want ratner to direct next X titles

strugler

Hadoken
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
393
Reaction score
0
Points
11
hey guys,

from what we ve seen do you want ratner to stay for other x titles (since its rumored that he will direct wolverine movie) or do you want him out.

i personally say OUT and i hope ratner will stick with his jackie chan mambo jambo.
 
On footage iv seen and reviews, no.
But i cant comment fully without seeing the whole film.
 
*xmenfan* said:
Lets see the whole film first :D

well we already saw 13mn of footage and the movir is just 1h25 mn so i guess we know whats in there,
plus its ratner who made it that short so GET AWAY OF MY BELOVED FRANCHISE RATNER ;)
 
Well if what I've been reading in the interviews is true maybe. Becuase there saying they may have The Wolverine movie Rated R and will get have it longer and get better writers. So if they do it that way maybe like I said...If not I don't know. I mean it depends on the movie, I'll probaly like the X-Men 3 movie so I don't know.
 
You have to see the movie first, then decide.
 
I have to see the whole movie first... they may not have finished the FX and other stuff in the press screenings. And I need to see how the whole film works, both as a movie, and as an X-Men adaptation.
 
Who here actually thought that Ratner would do a better job than Singer? Because, I know I didn't. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but honestly, Singer made these movies what they are and brought these characters to life with his deep, emotional storylines and character arches. Another great aspect of his movies was the fact that they were a bit longer than the actual story required, fleshing out the characters and bit more and allowing more growth.

It seems that Ratner has shortened this movie, why I don't know, to the shortest version it can possibly be to make some kind of sense. If this was a Singer film, it would be a good 2 and a half hours! Ratner doesn't seem to respect that, or possibly understand that. X3 seems to just be a lot of action with a good story but nothing really amazing. The dialogue is generic, if not corny, and the effects in some of the shots are "mehh".

As much as I am anticipating this film, I would love to see Singer come back. And, in my heart, I know that is not going to happen. But, I would much rather see Ratner do another Rush Hour movie and allow another director come along.
 
it seems to me that not everything you dont like about a movie you havnt seen yet cant be put down to ratner. there are other people involved in the film-making process you know
 
Don Corleone said:
it seems to me that not everything you dont like about a movie you havnt seen yet cant be put down to ratner. there are other people involved in the film-making process you know

Are you talking to me?

Please, don't talk down to my Don, its not very polite. I'm well aware of the fact that not one man does not put together a big budget moive such as X3.

But, don't you think that Ratner has a lot of say in what is put in and what gets taken out? I know that editors can be responsible for running times, but they often discuss with the directors.

Changes are often made to scripts, writers get help from directors.

Directors put their spin on movies, wheter it be opening monologues, special effects, whatver. They say what they want to see and it usually happens.
 
I haven't seen the movie yet...
 
Mr Lex Luthor said:
I haven't seen the movie yet...

The orignial question is from what you've seen, ...

So, when you say "I haven't seen the movie yet..." isn't really a good answer for this thread.

Basically, do you like what see when you watch all the clips, tv spots, and trailers?
 
Don Corleone said:
Easy there BoBByJoMo, talkin in general terms.

I'm quite calm, Don. I'm just backing up my argument.
 
I believe I need to see the movie first before I can make an informed and honest opinion. ;)
 
When you saw X2 previews, was there any doubt in your mind that it wouldn't be great?

But when you watch all of the X3 clips, do you get that same feeling?

I know I don't. And that scares the hell out of me.
 
BoBByJoMo said:
The orignial question is from what you've seen, ...

So, when you say "I haven't seen the movie yet..." isn't really a good answer for this thread.

Basically, do you like what see when you watch all the clips, tv spots, and trailers?
Oooooh, right. My bad, didn't see that part.

Well -- yes. Everything looks promising so far. If you count the Sentinels not being in the final battle, Cyclops and Xavier getting demolecularized, Wolverine being the center of it all, short runtime -- no. I want Singer. :o
 
Mr Lex Luthor said:
Oooooh, right. My bad, didn't see that part.

Well -- yes. Everything looks promising so far. If you count the Sentinels not being in the final battle, Cyclops and Xavier getting demolecularized, Wolverine being the center of it all, short runtime -- no. I want Singer. :o

Me too, even though I doubt that happening any time soon. Or, you know what, maybe I just whan Harris and Dougherty back?
 
BoBByJoMo said:
I'm quite calm, Don. I'm just backing up my argument.

oh no, dont get me wrong you have every right to, otherwise, what would be the point of these threads?
 
BoBByJoMo said:
As much as I am anticipating this film, I would love to see Singer come back. And, in my heart, I know that is not going to happen. But, I would much rather see Ratner do another Rush Hour movie and allow another director come along.

just so we're clear, i'm down with that
 
ill have to see the movie first.....

but from what i see so far sure why not...
 
Wolverine was always the center of it even with Bryan. Also, studio politics play a factor so you can't really say how much of this movie was actually Brett's doing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,708
Messages
21,790,076
Members
45,618
Latest member
FirmButFair
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"