Arrow [Fun but Baseless Speculation] The Outsiders

metaphysician

Not a Side-Kick
Reaction score
In light of TNT dropping the Teen Titans show, I've been thinking. Now, the Teen Titans aren't likely to appear in the Arrowverse, for various reasons. However, it occurred to me that there is a team that is almost custom designed to fit into the Arrowverse: the Outsiders. Think about it: three of the five original members have had some portion of their mythos appear in the setting already.

-Katana has appeared outright, the only thing lacking being a magic sword. It would not be hard to "reveal" that there were myths about her family heirloom sword for a long time, which she didn't really believe. . . until Maseo began speaking to her through the sword.

-Rex Mason hasn't appeared, with or without powers. However, Stagg Industries and Simon Stagg *have*. Granted, Stagg is dead, but you can work with that. Also, ancient Egyptian magical artifacts have also appeared, making it easy to introduce the Orb of Ra.

-Brion Markov hasn't appeared. However, the country Markovia has, as have the Markov devices, which generate earthquakes. Would not be hard to have a ( possibly exiled? ) prince get earth powers from exposure to an attempt to recreate the Markov Device.

All you would need to introduce to set up the full team are Black Lightning, who would be pretty trivial to do as a new hero on either Arrow or Flash ( athlete-vigilante with low level lightning metapowers is not tough ); and Halo, whose weirdness and mystery are kind of the point. Mix them together via an origin based on the original comic, but with Oliver Queen substituting for Batman? Totally workable, and with a lot of angles for drama.

The main obstacles I can see to this working:

-Katana may be embargoed, due to her usage in Suicide Squad. Which would be a pity, seeing as she's already near fully formed and present in the setting.

-Budget. Most of them would be fairly budget friendly, but I can see Geo-Force and Metamorpho being dicey.

So, thoughts?

I guess this is not the same Outsiders from the recent comics?

In light of TNT dropping the Teen Titans show, I've been thinking. Now, the Teen Titans aren't likely to appear in the Arrowverse, for various reasons. However, it occurred to me that there is a team that is almost custom designed to fit into the Arrowverse: the Outsiders. Think about it: three of the five original members have had some portion of their mythos appear in the setting already.

-Katana has appeared outright, the only thing lacking being a magic sword. It would not be hard to "reveal" that there were myths about her family heirloom sword for a long time, which she didn't really believe. . . until Maseo began speaking to her through the sword.

-Rex Mason hasn't appeared, with or without powers. However, Stagg Industries and Simon Stagg *have*. Granted, Stagg is dead, but you can work with that. Also, ancient Egyptian magical artifacts have also appeared, making it easy to introduce the Orb of Ra.

-Brion Markov hasn't appeared. However, the country Markovia has, as have the Markov devices, which generate earthquakes. Would not be hard to have a ( possibly exiled? ) prince get earth powers from exposure to an attempt to recreate the Markov Device.

All you would need to introduce to set up the full team are Black Lightning, who would be pretty trivial to do as a new hero on either Arrow or Flash ( athlete-vigilante with low level lightning metapowers is not tough ); and Halo, whose weirdness and mystery are kind of the point. Mix them together via an origin based on the original comic, but with Oliver Queen substituting for Batman? Totally workable, and with a lot of angles for drama.

The main obstacles I can see to this working:

-Katana may be embargoed, due to her usage in Suicide Squad. Which would be a pity, seeing as she's already near fully formed and present in the setting.

-Budget. Most of them would be fairly budget friendly, but I can see Geo-Force and Metamorpho being dicey.

So, thoughts?
you kinda lost me atthe red part I high lits at but here's an out siders and see you didn't miss mentioning him here he is below beside other bat characters like night wing that was a member of the outsiders as well and lead them too. it seem Rex is a likely candidate.

just saw this via newsarama

Newsarama shared a link.

3 hrs ·

Ready For Prime Time: Ten Characters DC Should Adapt To TV
With DC's fall schedule already adding characters to its TV universe, here are ten suggestions for more characters that are ripe for television.
NEWSARAMA.COM

from page:10

Metamorpho.jpg

Metamorpho
Metamorpho hasn't appeared on live-action television just yet - but his name actually has.Referenced in the Arrow episode "Broken Dolls," Metamorpho is the name of a chemical company involved in a major natural disaster.
Looks like the pieces are all in place for Metamorpho - or at least Rex Mason, his civilian identity - to spring up at some point in the CW's DCU.

and page

BatmanFamily.jpg

Bat-Heroes
Gotham City may be off-limits to the CW, but not every denizen of that dreary place is barred from appearing - after all, Ra's al Ghul was a primary nemesis on Arrow.Even though Batman himself may not be able to appear in the CW, that doesn't mean one of Gotham's other protectors can't.
And even if someone like Tim Drake, Batwing, or Batwoman is too close to home, what about a more tangentially related character, such as the Creeper, who also calls Gotham home?
And that's not even taking into accountGotham. Sure, that show takes place pre-Batman, but they've taken some creative license with villains and other characters who, in comic book lore, didn't show up until Batman was already on the scene. Why not one of his allies, even in civilian form?

Last edited:
The Teen Titans aren't likely to appear because, outside of Wally and Roy, they probably can't use enough of them to make a team. For that matter, I'm dubious whether they can use Roy, either, beyond the occasional guest appearance, due to the actor not being overly interested. Robin, Wonder Girl, and Aqualad are all out for fairly obvious reasons. Cyborg has been "promoted" to JLAer. Starfire is an alien, and there's a decent chance she's reserved for Supergirl. Tough to make a Teen Titans team when all you have is Kid Flash, Raven, Beast Boy, and occasional guest appearances by Roy Harper.

( Yes, I know there are other theoretical members, but most of them are either significantly more obscure, or else are people like Superboy or Miss Martian who are unavailable. )

The Teen Titans aren't likely to appear because, outside of Wally and Roy, they probably can't use enough of them to make a team. For that matter, I'm dubious whether they can use Roy, either, beyond the occasional guest appearance, due to the actor not being overly interested. Robin, Wonder Girl, and Aqualad are all out for fairly obvious reasons. Cyborg has been "promoted" to JLAer. Starfire is an alien, and there's a decent chance she's reserved for Supergirl. Tough to make a Teen Titans team when all you have is Kid Flash, Raven, Beast Boy, and occasional guest appearances by Roy Harper.

( Yes, I know there are other theoretical members, but most of them are either significantly more obscure, or else are people like Superboy or Miss Martian who are unavailable. )

ok so now that I read this and I was wonder with hos the cw is structured now that certain show that are likely to be canceled soon due to being put on Friday night which spell doom for a show if put there and after have a talk with a few people the weekend of sunday seems to be untouched territory on that net work and there also the territory of the 10 clock hour which for what ever weird the cw seem not to do which don't think it's good to put the titans in that slot but as the lead in to a more well known show .

I wait a bit before giving up on it ever being put onthe cw and hope the writer/ producer for is still there.

hmmm, super boy and miss martian are more likely to show in super girl then starfire , and don't think that should restrited to aliens seewhat happened with meta's like ReActron that have shown up already who's from earth and there live wire. if that show of super can have both meta's and aleins there's no reason the flarrow verse's titans can't have both as well where arrow deal with magic and flash is dealing with the meta's and the multi verse and Lot time travel for the time being titans deal with aliens and meta's and deal with threats forge affairs style. (if super can do they should be allowed to as well.)

As to robin I'm assuming you mean Tim drake he can show up like season two. if it ever happened hypothetically speaking . the point is the titans is when dick grayson broke away from being robin in a sense showing he was more grown up ready to solo which he did during his 19 through 20's days and which was the point of roy being Arsenal and dick becoming Night wing. the robin shouldn't be an issue ifthe showcase night wings back story with showing bruce or alfred or gorden same with oricle.

as to Roy the actor Colten Hayse left arrow specifically due to him not having enough to do and grow as an actor which was due to the writers which can all be easily fixed, with having Roy in the flarrow as the titan's founder and partner leader with Night wing.

He'll(Roy) have a way better role and have better chance to have his actor talent explored and grow exponentially as an actor and also be a mentor with in the team . next to night wing and oracle they will be the most experienced one there of the senor titans

the point is they have certain founders of the titans in the flarrow verse all they need is kyle Ranner who's a founder as well and was dating Dianna troy who can be said to be wonder woman's sister and he's Lantern who can lead to Hal jordan, guy gardener and John Stuart.

And more importantly if Colten feels weird about the teen part then drop it from the title. they can have teens in the team. But nightwing Roy and wally and oracle will be in their early 20's as to cyborg well that depend on DCE since in movies . but they are planning two versions of the flash so....

Back to the idea you suggesting black lighting would work well with the Out siders too.

Robin, of any type, can't appear on the Arrowverse, because *Batman* does not exist, and should not exist, in the Arrowverse. There's nothing really to do about that, they've completely supplanted Batman's niche with the Green Arrow. Trying to stick Batman in now would do no one any favors.

Kyle Rayner wasn't a founding Titan, either classic or new. He didn't even exist until the 90s. Whether they can use any GLs at all is, likewise, an open question. My guess is "No", since WB still grants Geoff Johns a ton of creative influence, and he's probably still trying to do movie versions. Even if this isn't the case, that still leaves the second line "Supergirl gets a bunch of biggish name characters" problem.

As for aliens on the CW? There's no logical in-setting reason why aliens can't exist or show up. Its more that I suspect the actual alien characters have been assigned, by WB, to the show Supergirl. Certainly, this would apply to any Kryptonians or Martians; I merely consider it highly likely that they also put Starfire on such a list, given she's one of the more prominent alien heroes at DC who isn't a Superman-clone.

That said, this is the guess of mine most subject to change, due to Legends of Tomorrow. While they are using the "reincarnated Egyptian nobility" angle for the Hawks, they *do* have the Nth metal coming from a meteor. So, its entirely possible they will introduce aliens, from a Thanagarian angle. If that's the case, then all bets are off, and any of the B or C list aliens might conceivably be available for the Arrowverse. Starfire certainly would count.

( Yes, I'm ignoring a little thing with Halo, specifically that she technically has an alien symbiote. I'm ignoring this because the alien in question, an Aurakle, is so different than the standard humanoid alien model that I'm not sure she'd have been grabbed by Supergirl, or even really recognized as an alien when building character lists for the show. Plus, its easy enough to swap around a few terms and call he Aurakles "extradimensional beings" or whatnot. )

Since Arrow is the batman of the cw universe I wouldn't mind a teen titans inspired line up where they substitute Arsenal in for Robin

I think to move away from the Arrow is Batman trope it would be unwise to do the Outsiders. Yes, it is surely possible but the big money maker of the Outsiders, bar Batman, is Katana and I don’t think the CW have access to her any longer due to her appearance in Suicide Squad. Also, the problem with the Outsiders is that Batman is often with them on missions and that wouldn’t be possible until Arrow finishes so maybe in a year and a half fine, but that’s as long as they don’t go against their plans and keep Arrow on even longer.

Now, Teen Titans I think would be a great choice. The only problem would come from whether the films go ahead with the rumoured Teen Titans film. I think the network would be stupid because they don’t have access to any of the original legacy sidekick team or to the newer, much more famous incarnation. The joy with CW is that they bring attention to much more obscure characters that would never be given attention in movies. They could easily band together a group of well-known comic characters that won’t make the movies. For me this is what I would do. First off I wouldn’t make it Teen Titans but Titans because I don’t think they would bank a lot of money on teen actors who may not have the best acting ability yet and because many of the characters that are adapted from teenage sidekicks are young adults in this world.

As already stated I would make Arsenal the leader in place of the common Robin leader. If Green Arrow is this universe’s Batman then it would make sense that his sidekick would be the one to lead this team. Also, due to his time away it could easily be claimed that he has been establishing much more of a network with other young heroes than what Green Arrow likes to do. Also, if the reason Colton Haynes left the show was because he wasn’t being given much to do I’m sure he would come back to be the lead on a TV show in a universe that is ever-growing and is quite well-respected.

The next most obvious piece would be having Wally West. I do think that in this universe he will be called Impulse much like the New 52 version and it makes sense due to the small age gap between Lonsdale and Gustin. I also think the chances of Kid Flash appearing in the movies being very slim because Miller is very young himself. If this does not work out I think we may well be seeing the coming of Jesse Quick who could easily replace Wally as the team’s speedster.

Next I would use Hawk and Dove. They were to be featured on TNT’s Teen Titans show and I think they would be a good fit for this show. They are big enough names that they would attract viewers to being well featured in comics. I don’t think that other than Captain Cold/Heat Wave we have seen a true partnership adapted from comics and into this universe. Also, due to the introduction of magic in season 4 of Arrow it would easily be explained.
Next I would love to have Static. He is easily one of the biggest names of DC’s teen heroes but I do think they would struggle to get him. I think he is being used for his own live-action TV show. Instead they could easily do an aged down version of Black Lightning instead. He could easily be one of the people who gain powers due to the STAR Labs explosion.

That would get the team up to a five members but I think there would easily be room for one more. The last member could be Stargirl, Terra or Bumblebee. For me Stargirl would be the best bet due to her power set and because she is quite a big name though this may cause a problem if she is chosen for the Teen Titans movie if they go a different direction. Terra would be good but due to her association with Deathstroke and Beast Boy she may not be used due to the complexities of the her story with Deathstroke and also due to Beast Boy highly likely to be in the movie. Bumblebee may not be the biggest of names but she is a lot larger than a lot of other characters. She would provide access to Mal Duncan at some point joining the series, or he could be featured like in Young Justice, as the team’s organiser so the equivalent to Felicity and the Star Labs group. The only problem would be whether they wanted a character so similar to Atom which may require much more CGI than the other two.

I think it would easily work and would be different to LoT which features primarily human heroes as only Firestorm and the Hawks have powers. This team would feature characters that primarily have powers except for Arsenal.

Robin, of any type, can't appear on the Arrowverse, because *Batman* does not exist, and should not exist, in the Arrowverse. There's nothing really to do about that, they've completely supplanted Batman's niche with the Green Arrow. Trying to stick Batman in now would do no one any favors.

Kyle Rayner wasn't a founding Titan, either classic or new. He didn't even exist until the 90s. Whether they can use any GLs at all is, likewise, an open question. My guess is "No", since WB still grants Geoff Johns a ton of creative influence, and he's probably still trying to do movie versions. Even if this isn't the case, that still leaves the second line "Supergirl gets a bunch of biggish name characters" problem.

As for aliens on the CW? There's no logical in-setting reason why aliens can't exist or show up. Its more that I suspect the actual alien characters have been assigned, by WB, to the show Supergirl. Certainly, this would apply to any Kryptonians or Martians; I merely consider it highly likely that they also put Starfire on such a list, given she's one of the more prominent alien heroes at DC who isn't a Superman-clone.

That said, this is the guess of mine most subject to change, due to Legends of Tomorrow. While they are using the "reincarnated Egyptian nobility" angle for the Hawks, they *do* have the Nth metal coming from a meteor. So, its entirely possible they will introduce aliens, from a Thanagarian angle. If that's the case, then all bets are off, and any of the B or C list aliens might conceivably be available for the Arrowverse. Starfire certainly would count.

( Yes, I'm ignoring a little thing with Halo, specifically that she technically has an alien symbiote. I'm ignoring this because the alien in question, an Aurakle, is so different than the standard humanoid alien model that I'm not sure she'd have been grabbed by Supergirl, or even really recognized as an alien when building character lists for the show. Plus, its easy enough to swap around a few terms and call he Aurakles "extradimensional beings" or whatnot. )
ok you brought some point's that find very interesting and I think I have work arounds

and I think what kid flash and NiallC

but I have to explain my self this part first

I haven't really given up on Night wing due to fact he's no longer a robin and I think that may have been a reason why DCE was about or had him be allowed to be used it was due to this face and withthe fact that with cbs they are pushing super girl to be a heroien trying to esstablish er self as a hero in her own right and that was the point of dick grayson becoming night wing inthe first place it makes absolute sense for them to still use him in this as partener leader to Arsenal/ Roy and barbra since she wouldhave given up bat girl thing she's free from the side deal and orical did be a network of info for all heroes she did grow out of being that for just bat man but for the league.

alos cause what you said I was doing some very heavy thinking. we know inthe comic's while bat man was intop ten martial artist list of DC he wasn't the absolute to that went tothe hero Richard the dragon and then black carnary even top batman there too bat man was known first and for most as the detective other stuff fallowed.

what I'm saying it'll remain the that arrow is the top dog here but bat man exists but he's just overly too busy where he's at which is gotham and they already established that wayne Enterprises much like Metamorpho chemical company exist and the Faris air test company that hal supposedly works for as test pilot .

they really don't have show bat man at all it'll like how marvel didn't Dare devil join the avengers until recently which was in the 2000's Batman was just that busy Gotham and still is. you made clear this the arrow verse , in this reality/Universe thing happened differently and that's all there is too it. batman just didn't meet Ra's and there nothing that say if he show which he won't that every will and should bow down to him cause should be the authority on organized super hero crime fighting. there's wiggle room.

as to the alien thing where star fire is involved as I said they have shown meta humans in super girl, like Reactron and Live wire. << both from earth and are humans.

so it's not always aliens with in super girl and shouldn't thought of that the place put all Alens. (know this isn't what you meant ether. I'm just saying due to that the titan with in the flarrow verse should allowed to play the same way. )

I think there should be wiggle room with the titans to do the same with in the arrow verse and to set apart from and flash that she to deal more domestically is to have do foreign affairs (like let the world be their play ground sine it's a team more then solo hero journey with deal with street crime in their home town )

now on to the Lanterns looking at what you said the only I remember saying Kyle Ranner was found was due to his relationship with dianna troy (wonder woman younger sister)and he was on Roy's team (when roy lead ) as a senor titan's since he was the founders of the teams age's . baring I think Geoff john would be best serve not bothering with another movie of the lanterns but a live action show. and don't push as a super hero thing the lanterns are a G lactic frontier law enforcement deal as DCE likes to push them so it's be sightly different from what we usual see which is mostly super hero fair. I don't know if it should be in cw. but if there wasn't an issue with networks wanting shows to them selves I say paramount the that does most things Gene Roddenbarry would be a to have the Green Lanterns done.

But they need drop the movies now. the lantern would be best served as show the only issue is the networks or should do it like how marvel doing netflix's since certain studio network runners are becoming pain to work with these days especially when regime change happens they want to make name for them selves with show they want to champion

Since Arrow is the batman of the cw universe I wouldn't mind a teen titans inspired line up where they substitute Arsenal in for Robin
well techically he wouldn't robin in the first place but yeah he would be leader but I make him partner leader but the actor will have more to do have a back story pre oliver. he'll be explored and the actor havea chance to show off and expand his his skills and grow as an actor.

I think to move away from the Arrow is Batman trope it would be unwise to do the Outsiders. Yes, it is surely possible but the big money maker of the Outsiders, bar Batman, is Katana and I don&#8217;t think the CW have access to her any longer due to her appearance in Suicide Squad. Also, the problem with the Outsiders is that Batman is often with them on missions and that wouldn&#8217;t be possible until Arrow finishes so maybe in a year and a half fine, but that&#8217;s as long as they don&#8217;t go against their plans and keep Arrow on even longer.

Now, Teen Titans I think would be a great choice. The only problem would come from whether the films go ahead with the rumoured Teen Titans film. I think the network would be stupid because they don&#8217;t have access to any of the original legacy sidekick team or to the newer, much more famous incarnation. The joy with CW is that they bring attention to much more obscure characters that would never be given attention in movies. They could easily band together a group of well-known comic characters that won&#8217;t make the movies. For me this is what I would do. First off I wouldn&#8217;t make it Teen Titans but Titans because I don&#8217;t think they would bank a lot of money on teen actors who may not have the best acting ability yet and because many of the characters that are adapted from teenage sidekicks are young adults in this world.

As already stated I would make Arsenal the leader in place of the common Robin leader. If Green Arrow is this universe&#8217;s Batman then it would make sense that his sidekick would be the one to lead this team. Also, due to his time away it could easily be claimed that he has been establishing much more of a network with other young heroes than what Green Arrow likes to do. Also, if the reason Colton Haynes left the show was because he wasn&#8217;t being given much to do I&#8217;m sure he would come back to be the lead on a TV show in a universe that is ever-growing and is quite well-respected.

The next most obvious piece would be having Wally West. I do think that in this universe he will be called Impulse much like the New 52 version and it makes sense due to the small age gap between Lonsdale and Gustin. I also think the chances of Kid Flash appearing in the movies being very slim because Miller is very young himself. If this does not work out I think we may well be seeing the coming of Jesse Quick who could easily replace Wally as the team&#8217;s speedster.

Next I would use Hawk and Dove. They were to be featured on TNT&#8217;s Teen Titans show and I think they would be a good fit for this show. They are big enough names that they would attract viewers to being well featured in comics. I don&#8217;t think that other than Captain Cold/Heat Wave we have seen a true partnership adapted from comics and into this universe. Also, due to the introduction of magic in season 4 of Arrow it would easily be explained.
Next I would love to have Static. He is easily one of the biggest names of DC&#8217;s teen heroes but I do think they would struggle to get him. I think he is being used for his own live-action TV show. Instead they could easily do an aged down version of Black Lightning instead. He could easily be one of the people who gain powers due to the STAR Labs explosion.

That would get the team up to a five members but I think there would easily be room for one more. The last member could be Stargirl, Terra or Bumblebee. For me Stargirl would be the best bet due to her power set and because she is quite a big name though this may cause a problem if she is chosen for the Teen Titans movie if they go a different direction. Terra would be good but due to her association with Deathstroke and Beast Boy she may not be used due to the complexities of the her story with Deathstroke and also due to Beast Boy highly likely to be in the movie. Bumblebee may not be the biggest of names but she is a lot larger than a lot of other characters. She would provide access to Mal Duncan at some point joining the series, or he could be featured like in Young Justice, as the team&#8217;s organiser so the equivalent to Felicity and the Star Labs group. The only problem would be whether they wanted a character so similar to Atom which may require much more CGI than the other two.

I think it would easily work and would be different to LoT which features primarily human heroes as only Firestorm and the Hawks have powers. This team would feature characters that primarily have powers except for Arsenal.

well I'm felling some of what your saying as said I do think roy/ arsenal should be partener leader

I feel that sine wb allowed nightwing & barbra to be used was due to the fact that the whole point of Nightwing like super girl was about Dick grayson establishing him self as a hero in his own right.

that was the whole point to nightwing and the same deal with Roy when he split up from oliver in the book and should bet he same case in the show. so the reason I keep saying partner leader is cause both Roy and night wing would be in the same boat and have good relationship from this understanding .

And as stated above in the flarrow universe it should be that batman isn't top dog in this verse just like in the actul DCU comic's batman isn't the top martial artist of the DCU he's in the top ten but isn't absolute top of the food chain of martial artist's there other better then him.

I'm saying there's alot of wiggle room if people think about right. batman doesn't have to show up and there no need for him to over shadow any one at all and it's possible to still used some like night wing and barbra Gorden / Oracle

the rest I agree they can use hawk and dove they still use star fire raven and I like what you stated with beast boy. star girl is nice addition. I just still drop the teen from name, and just all them the titans and have teens in there.

But the leaders like Roy and night wing are in their early 20's next to wally and oracle (if they allow more founders I'd like it, but we'll see..) and they should spread the story with each team member having spot light time .

With a tv show/ series that should especially doable if show like criminal minds can do it, they should be able to do so as well. I just hope the writers for titans do that .

Last edited:
NiallC you stated you wanted 5 characters

but I feel some how ... unless they can have branch teams like if this is how you want it. I kind keep going back to how the GI joe and transformers animated series went where they did alot character but put special focus on characters per episode. cause with just teams the same people we see every time . some certain writers lately still have this bad habit leave certain one's out which is weird with the small ones(teams ) they have already and I don't under stand it with a small team as it is that they do that.

when other writers prior or in other tv series current keep showing them up.

I think they should be on the same skill level as those that make shows like criminal minds or other ensemble shows. at least the show will be kept fresh that way and they still do what they want when they want to characters.

Last edited:
NiallC you stated you wanted 5 characters

but I feel some how ... unless they can have branch teams like if this is how you want it. I kind keep going back to how the GI joe and transformers animated series went where they did alot character but put special focus on characters per episode. cause with just teams the same people we see every time . some certain writers lately still have this bad habit leave certain one's out which is weird with the small ones(teams ) they have already and I don't under stand it with a small team as it is that they do that.

when other writers prior or in other tv series current keep showing them up.

I think they should be on the same skill level as those that make shows like criminal minds or other ensemble shows. at least the show will be kept fresh that way and they still do what they want when they want to characters.

I think for a show that would easily be the biggest after Flash I would keep the team small, especially for the first season. If they got some quality writers in who could keep a good story going with such a small cast then it would work and would make it easier for expansion later on. Everyone always loves the introduction of new characters in each new season, especially with comic book adaptions, but if you start off with a big cast and they don’t get the development they need by the end of the season then problems arise when new characters get introduced.

But I do see your point, that’s one of my main criticism with The Walking Dead. For the first three years we saw very little development for most of the characters except for Rick, Shane and Lori and we saw what Scott Gimple could do with his focussed down episodes like 18 Miles Out and Clear. So he certainly improved the writing and character development when he took over as show runner for seasons 4 and onwards but the problem for him was that the cast had been expanded with very little development that it led to a struggle to give smaller characters enough time and development without taking away from the leads of the show too much. That is why season 6 has suffered because he tried to break each episode up into small, focussed groups and it hasn’t worked because people have been bored and the development isn’t shown to have any real consequences yet.

This is what happened with Young Justice except for the first season actually had good quality writing. In the second season they jumped up the number of team members massively and it didn’t work as well as it could. Other than Blue Beetle and Impulse most of the new team members didn’t get any development as they were still trying to cater to the old guard and also develop Justice League members which they had successfully done in season 1 with Red Tornado, Captain Marvel and Black Canary.

Ultimately this is why I would choose to keep the cast small with small expansions every so often. I mean instead of having new characters join at the beginning of each new season characters could easily join for half a season as a main character as long as it was done well.

The Justice League Unlimited cartoon did what you described by taking characters into small groups and it worked but I think they just had too large a cast for many background characters other than maybe Supergirl, Green Arrow and Vixen to get any noticeable development.

But yeah, a writer for this would definitely need to be capable of handling a cast of characters and provide enough development for each and still make it easy to expand. I think if a writer could replicate what NCIS have managed to do then that would be brilliant. I haven’t watched the last few seasons but from what I can remember from the first nine there was not a single character that ever seemed to be underdeveloped. I mean that fandom even campaigned for Jimmy Palmer to be credited as Series Regular due to how much development he had been given and how well received he had been.

Another idea is a John Constantine led Shadowpact. I know there has been talk of a Justice League Dark film being made and some characters who are a part of Shadowpact have been taken but I&#8217;m sure they could work around this and combine the characters of Justice League Dark, Sentinels of Magic and Shadowpact together. I&#8217;ve seen rumours that Matt Ryan might be signing up to play Constantine in Season 2 of LoT but if he doesn&#8217;t want to become a supporting characters on a team up show I&#8217;m sure, like the whole Colton Haynes/Arsenal thing, that he would love to lead his own show again.

Now if you remove some of the stupider characters from these teams like Detective Chimp and you exclude characters like Enchantress who is going to be in Suicide Squad and Tempest who is too tired up in Aquaman&#8217;s existence and then remove people like Zatanna, Madame Xanadu and Deadman then you&#8217;re still left with a pretty good roster to choose from. And if you include the Constantine universe as being a part of the Arrowverse then that would mean that Dr Mist has already been used and Dr Fate is still a possibility.

So obviously Constantine to lead, or at least as long as they don&#8217;t decide to draft him in for a Justice League Dark movie. I would then have Blue Devil, Dr Fate, Ragman and Nightshade.

How about we fix existing Arrow characters before bringing in new ones that Green Arrow was never even associated with in the first place. The Batman lite thing is bad enough already.

How about we fix existing Arrow characters before bringing in new ones that Green Arrow was never even associated with in the first place. The Batman lite thing is bad enough already.
there's not that much to fix and that up the the show runners. with batman lite thing that's what they wanted I don't touch that part cuase it'll cause nasty problem which isn't needed among us posters.

They'll (the writers on arrow)do what they want til their upper boos tell them again other wise . this was said recently

I just leaving it at that seeing there are two shows on the CW on the chopping block. but River dale (the Archie show) is likely to replace that show Reign and if the originals the spin off from vampire diaries dies off... there room cause Geoff said this below.

Comic Book Resources

10 hrs ·

"It&#8217;s a huge piece of DC," says Geoff Johns, "and we have plans.&#8221;

DC Entertainment Still Has Plans For Live-Action "Titans"
Although TNT passed on a Teen Titans drama, Geoff Johns suggests that may not be the end for the project.

Although TNT passed on a live-action drama based on DC Comics' "Teen Titans," we may not have seen the last of the project.
Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment's chief creative officer, told TVLine the company had known about TNT's decision "months and months and months" before the announcement. What's more, DC appears undaunted.

&#8220;We have plans for 'Titans,'&#8221; Johns said. &#8220;It&#8217;s a huge piece of DC, and we have plans.&#8221;
The first details of a potential "Titans" drama surfaced in September 2014 with reports that Akiva Goldsman and Mark Haimes had been tapped to write a pilot that would include such characters as Dick Grayson, Starfire and Raven.

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

Last edited:
There really is no prospect of Ollie ever ceasing to be heavily "Batman Lite". Not when they've already spent 3.5 seasons establishing him as the Batman of the CW, albeit a slightly dim, recovering murderholic Batman.

It's hard for him not to be Batman-lite when his character was literally based on being a 2.0 version of Batman and because Batman has associations with pretty much every character in the DC Universe. When the mythos of Batman and his main supporting characters take up roughly 10 ongoing comics and everyone else bar the Superman family only get one then of course most characters will be associated with Batman.

Batman is probably the most important member of the Justice League and he leads the Batmen of All Nations/Club of Heroes and the Outsiders. Dick Grayson is a part of Teen Titans and Young Justice. Red Hood is leader of the Outlaws. Tim Drake is leader of the Teen Titans. Babs is leader of the Birds of Prey. That means pretty much every character who is a member of these teams gets caught up in his mythos. I mean bloody hell Arsenal and Black Canary are fully implemented into the Gotham mythos now and have more associated with Gotham. Black Canary has no mention of Green Arrow and Arsenal is now estranged from him.

Most villains reflect the heroes they're up against so if it's a human, weapon based hero the villain will be the same but there aren't that many heroes who are like that and are big enough to have plenty of original characters created for a long running series. So Batman is the natural place for that. Even then Ra's is the only big bad more closely associated with Batman than GA. Deathstroke just scrapes by.

It's hard for Arrow to be anything other than a Batman-lite when Batman has every possibly line of discourse covered and has associations with pretty much every character who would make sense spearing on Arrow.

It's hard for him not to be Batman-lite when his character was literally based on being a 2.0 version of Batman and because Batman has associations with pretty much every character in the DC Universe. When the mythos of Batman and his main supporting characters take up roughly 10 ongoing comics and everyone else bar the Superman family only get one then of course most characters will be associated with Batman.

Batman is probably the most important member of the Justice League and he leads the Batmen of All Nations/Club of Heroes and the Outsiders. Dick Grayson is a part of Teen Titans and Young Justice. Red Hood is leader of the Outlaws. Tim Drake is leader of the Teen Titans. Babs is leader of the Birds of Prey. That means pretty much every character who is a member of these teams gets caught up in his mythos. I mean bloody hell Arsenal and Black Canary are fully implemented into the Gotham mythos now and have more associated with Gotham. Black Canary has no mention of Green Arrow and Arsenal is now estranged from him.

Most villains reflect the heroes they're up against so if it's a human, weapon based hero the villain will be the same but there aren't that many heroes who are like that and are big enough to have plenty of original characters created for a long running series. So Batman is the natural place for that. Even then Ra's is the only big bad more closely associated with Batman than GA. Deathstroke just scrapes by.

It's hard for Arrow to be anything other than a Batman-lite when Batman has every possibly line of discourse covered and has associations with pretty much every character who would make sense spearing on Arrow.

Deathstroke is a Teen Titans villain, not a Batman villain. There is no way using him can be referred to as "taking a Batman villain".

I could see LoT becoming an Outsiders type show. Don't think they can do "save the world time travel" every season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"