Guardians of the Galaxy Future team member discussion

A talking Raccoon and a talking duck is fine, but a talking dog? That's too far fetched for anyone to accept. :o

They could have put it in the closing credits. When Howard asks why he lets him lick his face, Cosmo could have turned around and said something in a Russian accent. I doubt there would have been a problem with that.

At the end of the day, Gunn must have thought the way I do. Otherwise you'd have had your talking dog.

Maybe it wasn't Gunn's decision. Maybe Marvel told him which characters he could and couldn't use or allude to.

Do all characters in a comics run show up in issue 1? How about #2? 3,4?

Gunn has this to say:

The story for Guardians 2 is an original story that I came up with that I started working on actually while I was shooting Guardians 1, and it’ll answer some of the questions that were put forth in the first movie about Peter Quill’s father and who he is and what’s going on with that. We’ll get to know some of the characters a little bit more and then we’re going to meet a couple of new characters who will be very important to Guardians movies and probably important to the Marvel Universe as a whole.
http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2015/02...-gunns-concept-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2/

Gunn confirmed that Nova isn't going to make the team for part 2 (which sucks).

As for who probably will appear, I'm guessing we'll get Adam Warlock because he's needed for Infinity War and Phylla-Vell because we need more females.

I think Capt Marvel is good fit she could have a possible romance with peter quill if they dont move further the gamora and quill romance and in the recent comics shes a great addition also Angelena is a great choice if you know of the character and i believe she has ties to thor also down the road they could bring ironman up like they did last year in comics for a unique movie

I think it'll be Starhawk, Moondragon, Mantis or some completely obscure character for new members. I know James Gunn likes his obscure characters.

When you're talking GOTG everyone is obscure.

I think Capt Marvel is good fit she could have a possible romance with peter quill if they dont move further the gamora and quill romance and in the recent comics shes a great addition also Angelena is a great choice if you know of the character and i believe she has ties to thor also down the road they could bring ironman up like they did last year in comics for a unique movie

Gunn's said several times Captain Marvel won't appear.

^ Ditto.

Though, Warlock and Moondragon, to be slightly more accurate. ;)

Also, I don't think anyone else has addressed this... but Moondragon's name in the MCU is (probably) Kamaria and not Heather Douglas. Just thought I'd let you guys know. :)

Gunn confirmed that Nova isn't going to make the team for part 2 (which sucks).

As for who probably will appear, I'm guessing we'll get Adam Warlock because he's needed for Infinity War and Phylla-Vell because we need more females.
To be fair, I don't think it would make sense to see Nova yet anyway. I do want to see him eventually though.

Didn't AOU kind of squash that rumor?

Hmm not really. It was actually quite ambiguous. Fury said they think they located the jet out in the ocean but they weren't sure because starks cloaking system was too good. So i felt like they left it up in the air like that (no pun intended ) on purpose.
But its all on how you interpret it, until his whereabouts are disclosed.

Moondragon is the obvious one for me, given that she's A. awesome and complex, and b. Drax's daughter (which gives his character more opportunity for development). And if she's in, then that opens to door for Phyla-Veil as well.

Well he did say the movie would be about fathers...

Samara Wiley would make an amazing moondragon. I have no idea who could play phylla vell though

Can someone explain this to me please? James Gunn said he couldn't use Bug in the first one because they don't have the rights. I assumed back then that he was with the Micronauts rights for which other, seperate companies now own the comic rights and merchandise rights. But I recently discovered that Bug is an original Marvel character that they do have the rights for, in the comics at least. So why can't they use him on film then? Who has those rights?

Micronauts (i.e., Hasbro) seem the only logical choice of ownership if not Marvel. In the comics, I think they can use Bug, but not necessarily his background story (or anything connected to the Micronauts). I don't know why film would be different, but maybe different rules apply.

Micronauts (i.e., Hasbro) seem the only logical choice of ownership if not Marvel. In the comics, I think they can use Bug, but not necessarily his background story (or anything connected to the Micronauts). I don't know why film would be different, but maybe different rules apply.

The reason I find it strange is that characters created by Marvel for titles like Micronauts were never part of the rights of that franchise. The official Marvel website states about their official handbook of the marvel universe that

There are also some characters who were part of a licensed properties' comic who belong to Marvel Comics - Starshine and Hybrid from Rom, Bug from the Micronauts, Dr. Demonicus from Godzilla, for example - and who we conceivably could cover one day.

So while the rights of the micronauts and all of their original characters would be at Hasbro, they would have never gotten Bug. Marvel still owns characters like Bug, Marionette and Arcturus Rann.

Something I found that could be a possibility is that Paramount and JJ Abrams are working on a Micronauts film, which was already announced back in 2009. So I guess it could be possible that back then they offered Marvel money for the rights to the character's use in film and Marvel accepted not having planned doing a Guardians of the Galaxy film yet (as the comic it was based on first appeared in July 2008), and thus thinking they wouldn't need the character in their movies anyway.

I don't there's still any work done on a Micronauts film. It's been in development hell since it was announced and JJ has bigger things he's working on.

It's possible the movie rights and comic rights are different. Maybe Hasbro has the right to Marvel's Micronauts, which would be broader than the comic rights (where Marvel has comic rights to original characters and stories but can't use any toy characters, effectively meaning they can't use it). That's the only explanation, assuming James Gunn is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"