DC TV Series FX turning Y: The Last Man to Series

That article was based on a more detailed piece in The Hollywood Reporter. Turns out, Y:TLM experienced many production problems and delays (including showrunner and cast replacement, shooting a second pilot, etc.). As a result, renewal options for the main actors (which last a few years, apparently) were already about to expire.

Ultimately, FX brass declined to pay $3 million to further extend options on the Y cast as execs did not want to leave the cast in limbo yet again. The cancellation decision was, per sources, not based on viewership figures as Hulu, like other streamers, does not release traditional ratings data. That means FX had little to no data on which to evaluate the series, including how it performed in its entirety over a certain timeframe, etc….

Why ‘Y: The Last Man’ Was Abruptly Canceled – The Hollywood Reporter

Ugh. That was a great finale.

That revelation about a certain character and me laughing at myself. Can’t believe I never even considered it.

FInally caught up on this and I would definitely watch more if we got it

Ah, never read the comics so didn't catch onto that at all.
Yep...

Roxanne wasn't in the comics, but she filled the leadership position of Victoria in the show. Because of all the other changes, I just assumed they were going a different route in the show. Like how Sam wasn't in the comics too. So, I laughed at myself when it was revealed that Nora's name is really Victoria and actually read the episode title. Victoria is redhead in the comics too. :hehe:

Yep...

Roxanne wasn't in the comics, but she filled the leadership position of Victoria in the show. Because of all the other changes, I just assumed they were going a different route in the show. Like how Sam wasn't in the comics too. So, I laughed at myself when it was revealed that Nora's name is really Victoria and actually read the episode title. Victoria is redhead in the comics too. :hehe:

Interesting, I am aware they made some changes but obviously not to any great extent. I take it she is important in the comics?

No save; definitely cancelled...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"