G.I Joe 2 moved to March 2013 - film conversion to 3D

Unfortunately, I'm sure they are as well. But seeing as how the movie won't be released until next year they should really shoot some scenes that will make use of 3D.

Definitely. They got the time now. Might as well improve it as much as they can.

So do you think they should have reboot/sequel the franchise or should follow up with a strong sequel that disregards a few minor details? There's a thin line.

So do you think they should have reboot/sequel the franchise or should follow up with a strong sequel that disregards a few minor details? There's a thin line.

Id be cool with either to be honest, but I really dont want to see an Origin story again. So being a sequel is all good and seems the better option. I dont think killin Duke needs to happen though. I get the Tatum hate from people but Rise of Cobras problems were the script not really his. Killing Duke after one flick seems too soon to me. Wouldnt have minded Scarlett coming back either.

Really pissed me off this movie got delayed, everything in the trailers were pretty solid. Especially The Jinx/Snake Eyes stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. Guess we will have to wait and endure the trailers and marketing all over again lol.

Follow up with a strong sequel. Reboot is too early and probably wouldn't help the movie franchise.

That's what I want a strong sequel. We will find out next year.

I'm hoping the wait for the sequel will be worth. I want a really strong Joe flick. Feeling a little easy about the post conversion 3D though.

I'm hoping the wait for the sequel will be worth. I want a really strong Joe flick. Feeling a little easy about the post conversion 3D though.

Given the elements G.I. Joe has/had the potential to be a great franchise. It can be based in realism, but reach into fantasy just enough where it is still believable. Plus it has to do with the military.

More importantly it's got Rock and Willis, that's all I really care about for this film. :oldrazz:

I still can not understand the total moving of a film a year just for a 3D conversion?!?! This film was ready to be released last month and then BAMMM ok so we can convert to 3D we are going to hold this film back a year.Sorry but 3D is not all that in every movie.If a movie isnt done right then all 3D is going to do is enhance the poo poo on the screen.

g.i. joe retaliation is the best trailer of 2012 and maybe the biggest hit of 2013

Noobs....um, no and no. But it should be good:woot:

I still can not understand the total moving of a film a year just for a 3D conversion?!?! This film was ready to be released last month and then BAMMM ok so we can convert to 3D we are going to hold this film back a year.Sorry but 3D is not all that in every movie.If a movie isnt done right then all 3D is going to do is enhance the poo poo on the screen.

It wasn't just for 3d....apparently there was some backlash about Duke/Tatum being killed so quickly and the lack of character development between him Rock, etc. So they are going to go back and reshoot I hear to either keep him in most of the film if not all.

Duke
gets killed
just like in the original GI Joe animated movie. They're not adding Channing Tatum, they're adding Duke.

Noobs....um, no and no. But it should be good:woot:

It wasn't just for 3d....apparently there was some backlash about Duke/Tatum being killed so quickly and the lack of character development between him Rock, etc. So they are going to go back and reshoot I hear to either keep him in most of the film if not all.

So because Tatum is getting all this recognition now they decided to hold a movie back a whole year? Ok, Tatum is prob loving this.There seems to be some hit and misses involved with this movie if they are justifying a release date a whole year later.In my Mace Windu voice " I sense a plot....." :jedi Lol

Its cause of the 3D too. That means more money for the studio. Who knows why they didnt do that in the first place. Sounds like they also did test screenings asked the audience what they thought about his role. Im guessing alot were not too happy with what happens to him. It could be for the better. Who knows.

I think the bottom line is they were scared enough about it performing and pulled the movie close to release regardless of the positive feedback from the trailers. Something had to happen last min.

Last edited:
I hope on the eventual DVD release we get to see the original cut of the film. I'd be interested in seeing the differences and why they were worried about releasing it.

You realise this is to re-introduce Duke who they killed off in the Original G.I Joe 2.

You realise this is to re-introduce Duke who they killed off in the Original G.I Joe 2.
After i heard about Duke being killed off i had somewhat idea that they wanted to re-do this movie.I just dont think that pushing a movie back one year is the way to go with everything ready for release this year.To be honest im not as excited about it now as i was at first.I was also wondering if the company was afraid to go up against The Avengers and TDKR this summer as far as summer competition and summer revenue.

Yes after Battlesip tanked, Hasbro and Paramount got scared ****less.

Yes after Battlesip tanked, Hasbro and Paramount got scared ****less.

I didn't think Battleship was that bad...or too bad lol. I enjoyed it more than John Carter. Lol take that however you like, but I do think that Battleship did a great job honoring vets.

I thought the big scene with the old folks coming to help was cut and all, but the movie was still stupid as hell and the aliens were dumb as ****ing bricks.

Making a movie on a board game is stupid enough but going, "Hey you know what this movie needs? ALIENS!"

I do agree that they could've done without the Aliens, but I guess they wanted to have countries unite against a common enemy rather than fighting each other. I don't think the aliens were that bad. I was thrown off at first, but I thought the film worked. I liked the fact that the aliens weren't God like and had weaknesses, but I see your point. There were a few head scratching moments lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"