G2: Gay Hypesters United!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, why does Mark look so much taller this year than when he was on? Also, he's got a killer body, but his hands freak me out. Neil and Pasha are just... :heart:

Gaga has done wonders for Mark in both his dancing, and his body. Om nom.

Neil got chunky (still cute!), and they do their best to keep as much clothes on him as possible. I am disappoint. :(

Pasha.. DAT ASS.

Unfortunately. There will be group routines where all the guys are shirtless, accept him. He'll have low cut shirts/button downs, but they'll never extend past his belly. And when he's not dancing he's in big shirts and sweaters. D:

He injured himself badly last year on Broadway, so that may have been the reason.

Aw. Poor baby. I'd put on a skanky nurse outfit and stitch him up real good. :yay:

And Pasha too. Just for the hell of it.

And Lady Gaga is the next Cyndi Lauper...

I think that's overestimating Gaga a bit.

Cyndi Lauper doesn't need to go to baseball games in her underwear and start flipping people off to get attention, or bury herself under makeup and costumes to hide how butt-ugly she is underneath it all.

Cyndi Lauper doesn't need to go to baseball games in her underwear and start flipping people off to get attention, or bury herself under makeup and costumes to hide how butt-ugly she is underneath it all.
Have you not seen Lauper from the 80's? :huh:

:whatever::whatever::whatever: Yeah, because Gaga is just so desperate for attention. If only she could get people to somehow pay attention to her.

And Cyndi's entire career is no where comparable to Gaga's.

Last edited:
Gaga was just being silly. She's already an attention grabber naturally, doesn't need to pull any dumb moves. Still love her though. She doesnt want to go down the road of Lindsy Lohan.

Yeah I also remember Heidi Klum saying that PR was going to be 90 mins each episode to focus on more drama...not sure if thatis a good idea. Once they get down to like 7 designers or less 90 minutes may really drag on.

I am done with American Idol. I only saw bits of last season and it was awful, it will only be 100 times worse without Simon(never cared for Kara though). I will jump ship to Simon's next show...I think its called X factor

Last edited:
X-Factor is all kinds of addicting. :up:

I do not know what it is, i have only heard of it but from what I hear it is a singing competiton. Simon is there so i will be there lol Not sure how different it is from AI.

I only watch So you think you can dance when I can. I usually watch America's Got talent during that time which is why. I dont have DVR. my favorite performer is this guy. He is sort of a drag act who performs opra- very flashy but talented. I will vote a billion times for him if I have to!

[YT]bPQizmAz6eQ[/YT]

Have you not seen Lauper from the 80's? :huh:
Beat me to the punch!
And Cyndi's entire career is no where comparable to Gaga's.
I don't know. I just get this weird echo of Cyndi whenever I see Gaga. Cyndi did once rule the pop charts and was predicted for HUGE success, and then it all went downhill fast and I just see Gaga following that path. Nothing wrong with that. Cyndi is still a legend, but Gaga's ego/head are getting WAY too big considering she has all of 1.5 albums.

Plus her shtick is wearing thin.

^What do u mean wearing thin? I don't think she's done anything too pompous. There was the baseball game thing but that was a single incident. She is doing pretty good. Don't tell me the little monsters are turning against Gaga! Biting the hand that feeds you!

She's introduced her new songs as her "New number one singles" despite her last No. 1 single (on the Hot 100, which is the only one that really counts when you think about it) being "Poker Face."
She never drops the Gaga character. Ever. Even Katy Perry has been spotted not being "Katy Perry."
Every video is now some epic short film, which is totally unnecessary.
Her sartorial choices are getting not just faintly ridiculous, but bordering on the absurd and stupid. What is the point of redoing Madonna's cone bra as a machine gun bra? I don't get it.

At least she's not Christina, Ke$ha or any other annoying little pop tart who's fading fast into obscurity.

Her fans are rather annoying, though.

Don't even mentioned Christina in the same sentence as Ke$ha! :cmad:

Last edited:
Also, she has 22 songs. I like 7.

I'm not one of her "monsters." My mom, boyfriend and cousin all are. But even they're growing tired of her. I believe the general consensus is to shake up the image and do something different. Enough outrageous outfits, enough vapid and pointless dance songs. She (allegedly) got into Julliard. Show your true creative muscle(s) and just come out looking normal.

Really take a page (or thirteen) out of the Madonna playbook and go in a totally different route for album two. Or is it three?

Sorry, didn't mean to double post.

Anyway -- Bionic didn't just bomb, it bombed EPICALLY. If she had come out with it, like, three years ago, it would have been a huge hit and should would have been ahead of the curve. Now she's the last person at the party, but the first person to leave it.

Each album has sold progressively less and less and less. No one cares about her anymore. She's a great talent, but her ego boasting and diva-ness got in the way. She's never had the material to back it up.

It's bizarrely fascinating to watch. She burned so hot, but she didn't burn long.

Last edited:
She's introduced her new songs as her "New number one singles" despite her last No. 1 single (on the Hot 100, which is the only one that really counts when you think about it) being "Poker Face."
She never drops the Gaga character. Ever. Even Katy Perry has been spotted not being "Katy Perry."
Every video is now some epic short film, which is totally unnecessary.
Her sartorial choices are getting not just faintly ridiculous, but bordering on the absurd and stupid. What is the point of redoing Madonna's cone bra as a machine gun bra? I don't get it.

At least she's not Christina, Ke$ha or any other annoying little pop tart who's fading fast into obscurity.

Yeah those are right i suppose. But some of those things are just ways to keep her relevant b/c like you said, so many are fading fast. the business is fickle. The music videos, the costumes, it's what makeser stand out and be unique. But I don't know so much about the Gaga "character," her 'act' if you want to call it that comes across as pretty natural to me. Y'know some people are just crazy 24/7:oldrazz:

Christina is not as interesting as she use to be but I still like her(use to love her!). But then there is Kesha(i will not give her the satisfaction of how she spell it). I use to hate her, I tune into a new channel every time she comes on. But then I read an interview with her and she said that she has fun, loves her fans, and doesn't let negative criticism bring her down. She was not pompous at all, and I respect that so I do not hate her as a person. But her music still makes my ears bleed:awesome:

She wears her placenta in a necklace. Speaking of being crazy 24/7.... :dry:

I agree she should go a different route for her next album but maybe not 180.

She could dress normal and not bleed profusely while dressed as the Phantom of the Opra in a performance...but from the stand point of the artist, how much attention would that get? Salvador Dali understood this to use a good example. He had the painting talent but knew it was with the combination of that with his eccentric personality that would set him apart in the history books(same with Warhol).

Christina is doing a more normal act and see where she is right now. Gaga could switch it up some sort of way but to leave behind all of the antics at this moment might also not be the best thing if she is to remain on top. Look at Michael Jackson, he only got crazier and crazier with each album lol. But Gaga is calculated, you've got to give her that. She makes the front pages for her 'performance art' and not her personal life. That's a good thing.

I think that they should all take a long and very detailed look at the original modern female musical icons: Patti Smith and the doyenne Debbie Harry. Do what they did, only improve upon the model.

Other points of reference: Siouxsie Sioux, Chrissie Hynde, Debra Iyall. I LOVE/WORSHIP Madonna, but I'm getting really tired of all of her sub-par clones. Make them go away. Long live the Queen(s)!

Why'd it double post again? Is SHH on a crappy server or is it my internet connection? :huh:

Siouxse Sioux was one of the first English rock stars I ever knew of! Always loved her style so much. I'm also familiar with Chrissie Hynde but not Iyll. I assume you are a fan of new wave music...as if your name did not give it away:oldrazz:

Oh btw I am also having problems but only on the hype. It is going slower than usual but is doing a bt better than it was earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"