World Galvatron Spotlight

Avangarde

Avan a Good Time
Reaction score
adj0116.jpg

Not sure if I will get this one, I always thought of Galvy as a weak character. The only good thing about him was he was voiced by Nimoy in the movie.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/dujour.shtml

He was the sh** in the comics. And the Japanese shows typically handled him pretty well. The Movie was his shinning moment.

He was the sh** in the comics. And the Japanese shows typically handled him pretty well. The Movie was his shinning moment.

Yeah he wasn't to bad in the comics, but he still wasn't Megatron. His character seemed a little forced IMO, like he had to be more sinister then Megatron, live up to certain expectations, still thats just my opinion, doesn't mean I don't like him :cwink:

I'm looking forward to this one... Simon was hinting at the Botcon that the IDW Galvatron wouldn't be an upgraded form of Megatron, but he is actually a separate character.

I'm looking forward to this one... Simon was hinting at the Botcon that the IDW Galvatron wouldn't be an upgraded form of Megatron, but he is actually a separate character.
Originally he was suppose to be. Hence why he [the toy] was labelled "city commander" instead of "Decepticon Leader" or "Emperor of Destruction" (in Japan).

Wow, you guys really know your TransFormers lore!

**Backs away slowly**

Word from one of the color artist at IDW is that this cover is more a tribute to the character and doesn't actually portray what the story is going to be about... Of course there will be more than one cover too.

Word from one of the color artist at IDW is that this cover is more a tribute to the character and doesn't actually portray what the story is going to be about... Of course there will be more than one cover too.
Ah....I cannot wait to see what they do with him. Just don't f*** him up:trans:

Ah....I cannot wait to see what they do with him. Just don't f*** him up:trans:
Same here ... Galvatron was also in the Nightbeat spotlight I'm that you already know, but you can't hardly recognize him because of the bad artwork in that one.

Same here ... Galvatron was also in the Nightbeat spotlight I'm that you already know, but you can't hardly recognize him because of the bad artwork in that one.
Yeah I saw him...I'm guess he is some sort of Dr. Mindbender type character, possibly even has connections to the micromasters. But I have my seriously doubts about him as not Megatron or and especially NOT the Decepticon leader. While the cartoon made him tame, the comic really did a nice job of playing up how sick and disturbed he was. If Furman perhaps keeps that interpretation. Of a bounty hunter, lone soldier who has power and ambition to rival Megatron than perhaps I can see this working.

He did defeat the Autobots of his universe and Killed his Rodimus Prime and displayed Rodimus' carcase for all to see in New York I believe... was it the remains of the twin towers he was tied to?

He did defeat the Autobots of his universe and Killed his Rodimus Prime and displayed Rodimus' carcase for all to see in New York I believe... was it the remains of the twin towers he was tied to?
Yep.

Yeah I saw him...I'm guess he is some sort of Dr. Mindbender type character, possibly even has connections to the micromasters. But I have my seriously doubts about him as not Megatron or and especially NOT the Decepticon leader. While the cartoon made him tame, the comic really did a nice job of playing up how sick and disturbed he was. If Furman perhaps keeps that interpretation. Of a bounty hunter, lone soldier who has power and ambition to rival Megatron than perhaps I can see this working.

Can you remember what issue that was?

The IDW book he was in is the Nightbeat Spotlight - In the US Marvel run he wasn't in the series until near the end... Unicron sent Hook, Line, and sinker to Bring him to the his current Universe. But he had an extensive run in the Marvel UK books.

You know, i've never checked out any of the IDW comics. I'm sorry to post it in this particular thread, but I was curious if they're worth looking into. And if so, which ones?

P.S

lol, look's like good old Galvatron is taking names.

:huh:But megs isn't dead yet so why is he here so soon. Or did he come from the futrue,or its a completely differnet galvatron all together?

You know, i've never checked out any of the IDW comics. I'm sorry to post it in this particular thread, but I was curious if they're worth looking into. And if so, which ones?

P.S

lol, look's like good old Galvatron is taking names.
They are very worth getting into great stories and character development.

What you would want to get into are the ongoing main continuity starting with:
1. INFILTRATION series
2. STORMBRINGER series
3. Shockwave Spotlight
4. Nightbeat Spotlight
5. Hot Rod Spolight
6. ESCALATION series
7. Sixshot Spotlight
8. Ultra Magnus Spotlight

INFILTRATION & STORMBRINGER you can get in trade format... The spotlights have plot development of the ongoing main storyline.

It might be worth mentioning Hearts of Steel, it was a 4 part mini that was out of continuity, but still a fun little title, plus is now all 4 parts are available in a full trade book.

Here is a link for IDW, plus there is a preview for the new Spotlight: Kup
http://www.idwpublishing.com/index.shtml

Sucky art for Kup unfortunately. Especially since the cover rocks so hard.

As a Transformers UK child I grew up with Galvatron as a central character in the G1 universe.

Furman really built him up in the UK epics and made him the focus for over 100 issues.

I caught Transformers:The Movie over the weekend. Is that the first official appearance of Galvatron?

When did that happen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"