Games that are an emotional experience?

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
I was wondering (in the least homosexual way possible) what games you consider not to be kick ass, but an emotional, breathtaking experience. So not games like GTA that are fun an all for sure, but don't leave you going "...wow." at the end of the game. I'm talking about more story driven games like MGS.

I just don't know many games that focus more on the story and beauty, than the gamelay. Infact all that comes to mind is MGS, Shadow of Colossus and Ocarina of Time.

Any games you guys know of like that... I'm in the mood to buy something that'll leave me thinking about how brilliant it was for days, but not just in terms of gameplay.

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross had great stories and made me care for the characters.

I always liked Halo the score is pretty much the driving force of the emotion without it. Then it would just be your typical shooter.

The only thing that comes to mind is when I beat the final game in a series. Because it sucks knowing there won't be more. :csad:

I can add Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, because it will let me play as Daredevil, and you all know what that means...

Fable. It might have been the score that got me, or the art style, but just walking around looking at s**t made me feel at peace.

Jade Empire too, I don't remember which town it was, but it was when you could make the choice to either fill the lake back up or somthing else. All those happy people :yay:

Ohh, KH2! When
Roxas was like, ''Looks my summer vacation is over." or somthing, right before you play as Sora
And then later going back and talking to all of roxas's friends.

:csad:

Electro UK said:
I was wondering (in the least homosexual way possible) what games you consider not to be kick ass, but an emotional, breathtaking experience. So not games like GTA that are fun an all for sure, but don't leave you going "...wow." at the end of the game. I'm talking about more story driven games like MGS.

I just don't know many games that focus more on the story and beauty, than the gamelay. Infact all that comes to mind is MGS, Shadow of Colossus and Ocarina of Time.

Any games you guys know of like that... I'm in the mood to buy something that'll leave me thinking about how brilliant it was for days, but not just in terms of gameplay.

'ICO', 'MORROWIND', 'OBLIVION', 'ODDWORLD:STRANGER'S WRATH', 'BEYOND GOOD & EVIL'.

Indiglo said:
Fable. It might have been the score that got me, or the art style, but just walking around looking at s**t made me feel at peace.

Jade Empire too, I don't remember which town it was, but it was when you could make the choice to either fill the lake back up or somthing else. All those happy people :yay:

Ohh, KH2! When
Roxas was like, ''Looks my summer vacation is over." or somthing, right before you play as Sora
And then later going back and talking to all of roxas's friends.

:csad:

Yeah KH2 was kinda depressing and stuff, the end for some reason made me sad :csad:

The end wasn't even sad, it was the whole intro/Roxas thing that was sad.

the beginning took too long :csad:

and Jesse McCartney did his voice, that kinda made me angry....

Wind Waker was kinda moving...

It took so long so you would have a chance to connect and grow a small bond with the character, so everything had a bigger impact, which is why you felt sad.

Oh....well the whole time I was wondering where the **** Sora was......not really focusing on Roxas...

when the title showed up I just thought
"Pwnt."

Beyond Good and Evil... I've never been so scared to die in my life... I really felt for the character...

Star Ocean 3: Till The Ends of Time.

One of, if not the single greatest story ever told in a video game.

Emotional....depends on what you consider emotional.

Resident Evil was the first, and only game really, to truly make me know what fear is. I felt like I was Chris Redfield, trapped with the rest of stars, in this evil place full of zombies and freaks of nature, scared to press on but having to, not only to uncover the mystery, but to escape. That really opened my eyes to the possibilities of games affecting me and my emotions. although I have been a lifelong gamer, untill then it was just a way to have fun and pass time, but now it became a passion that could make me feel more emotion than pretty much any movie or piece of music on it's own.

I have always been a big fan of the soul reaver series too...they are intelligent and I always invested in the characters.

But in terms of a game that moved me deeply in a tragic, sad way, I'd have to say Max Payne 2. The ending, and the final song, a late goodbye, moved me near to tears.

I'd say that games that have a large cinematic element, like Final Fantasy X and Metal Gear Solid 2 fit this category for me. And I agree that Resident Evil is a truly scary game.

Yeah, Final fantasy-X really left me speechless. That was a hell of an emotional ending.

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, I was actually pretty damn angry when [blackout]they killed my ghoul, Heather.[/blackout]

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic, I was pretty attached to all of my party members, especially Bastila, and actually found myself rushing through the last planet on my first play through so that I could save her :o

Fable: The Lost Chapters - Like Clint said, walking around, in Oakvale especially, just sort of gave me a peaceful feeling.

Jade Empire - Again like Clint said, the choice on whether or not to flood Tien's Landing and the reaction of people afterwards evoked a small amount of "hey, glad I could help" or "I'm really sorry guys" in me. Also, seeing [blackout]Two River's burning and seeing the water dragon's body, and the speech about why you should finish her off at the end kind of made me sad.[/blackout]

Deus Ex - My first time through, [blackout]the MiB's killed Paul, and upon finding this out, reloaded a save from almost two hours ago just to try and save him.[/blackout]

CM Punk said:
Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic, I was pretty attached to all of my party members, especially Bastila, and actually found myself rushing through the last planet on my first play through so that I could save her :o

Yeah, I got really into that game too.

CM Punk said:
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, I was actually pretty damn angry when they killed my ghoul, Heather.

Fable: The Lost Chapters - Like Clint said, walking around, in Oakvale especially, just sort of gave me a peaceful feeling.

Jade Empire - Again like Clint said, the choice on whether or not to flood Tien's Landing and the reaction of people afterwards evoked a small amount of "hey, glad I could help" or "I'm really sorry guys" in me. Also, seeing Two River's burning and seeing the water dragon's body, and the speech about why you should finish her off at the end kind of made me sad.

Deus Ex - My first time through, the MiB's killed Paul, and upon finding this out, reloaded a save from almost two hours ago just to try and save him.

EDIT: I miss "highlight the spoiler" :(

[blackout]Oh yeah?[/blackout]

Straight Edge huh?

KingOfDreams said:
CM Punk said:

Yeah, I got really into that game too.
Best game ever. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"