• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Games you've never finished

There are a number, but I just want to chime in on one in particular. That stupid ass X-Men game for the NES. I played that damn thing enough to wear it out, usually only to continually look around like a dumbass about what to do when I'd completed all the missions and had all the computer chips. It was an enduring exercise in frustration, just thinking that one day someone would click or I'd see something different and advance to where I could commence to kicking Magneto's ass. Ultimately, I gave up.

I come to find out years later, that there was some stupid code you had to input to advance. Not having a more conventional setup is stupid in the first place, but the damn thing was even printed wrong on the front of the box. So even if I did get inventive enough to try (which I even may have; I don't remember), there still would have been no joy in Mudville. Of all the incompetent, ass backward and ****ing moronic things to do. **** you, LJN.

Oh I had that game too, it sucked on just about every level imaginable. Never heard about the code and never really cared, game wasn't even worth played to just say I won it.

There are a number, but I just want to chime in on one in particular. That stupid ass X-Men game for the NES. I played that damn thing enough to wear it out, usually only to continually look around like a dumbass about what to do when I'd completed all the missions and had all the computer chips. It was an enduring exercise in frustration, just thinking that one day someone would click or I'd see something different and advance to where I could commence to kicking Magneto's ass. Ultimately, I gave up.

I come to find out years later, that there was some stupid code you had to input to advance. Not having a more conventional setup is stupid in the first place, but the damn thing was even printed wrong on the front of the box. So even if I did get inventive enough to try (which I even may have; I don't remember), there still would have been no joy in Mudville. Of all the incompetent, ass backward and ****ing moronic things to do. **** you, LJN.
LJN..ancient legends for bullhuckey games

I still can't get past Frankenstein monster in the original Castlevania :cmad:

I tend to play through games to at least the halfway point, but typically about 75% of the way through, and then stop playing for some reason or another.

Most current-gen games I own I haven't beaten. Most old-school games I played when I was younger I did finish. Go figure.

Quite a bit. Mega Man 1.
The Darkness
Lost Planet
Final Fantasy XI or XII. The one with the sky pirates or whatevs. Didn't finish IX either. Got right to the end and lost interest.
Psi Ops
Probably a s**t load of others.

very rare that I don't finish a game.

Wolfenstein, the game was completely meh and when the difficulty started ramping up I just didn't care enough to put in the effort.

very rare that I don't finish a game.

Wolfenstein, the game was completely meh and when the difficulty started ramping up I just didn't care enough to put in the effort.

I haven't beat Wolfenstein yet, I jus got bored with playing it, the same thing happened with The Darkness, its fun for a little while then it jus gets boring. Despite how some people feel about it, Saints Row falls into the category of games I've yet to beat, once I played GTA 4, i completely forgot about Saints Row.

I actually managed to beat Saints Row. I never did beat Saints Row 2, though. Come to think of it, I don't think I ever even made it past halfway in that one, despite playing as Jason Statham.

Not a complete list by any means, but my top 5 games that I most regret not beating:

Earthworm Jim. God, I loved this game. In fact, I think it was the first Western release I truly loved. But that underwater level asked me to navigate a glass bubble through narrow passages lined with spikes. And I responded to the challenge with a heart-felt, "F***k you."

Why is it always a water level?

Deus Ex. My interest just kind of petered out and I became distracted by shiny new games.

Ogre Battle 64. It was just so damn cool. But also, so damn hard.

Ikaruga. See above.

Burnout 3 Takedown. One of the finest gaming experiences I ever had. I invested hours into that game. Unlocked and won 1st place in almost every race. Had two left. Made the mistake of playing it a the video game store I was managing at the time, and someone stole it along with my memory card, which had an assload of saves on it! After that, I . . . I just couldn't start again.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Silent Hill 2
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Dirge of the Cerberus: Final Fantasy 7
Grand Theft Auto 4
Kingom Hearts: Chain of Memories (PS2)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Jericho

Last edited:
Not a complete list by any means, but my top 5 games that I most regret not beating:

Earthworm Jim. God, I loved this game. In fact, I think it was the first Western release I truly loved. But that underwater level asked me to navigate a glass bubble through narrow passages lined with spikes. And I responded to the challenge with a heart-felt, "F***k you."

Why is it always a water level?

I have to use a Game Genie to get past Down The Tubes...I cannot do it otherwise.

most recent batch of games i haven't beaten yet (all PS3):

Uncharted
Wolfenstein
GTA 4
Spiderman 3
Resistance 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma

these games either got too difficult or i just lost interest

the only recent games i can think of that i have beaten all the way through are Batman: Arkham Asylum and Ghostbusters

i tend to play the FIFA games mostly

in addition, most NES and SNES i have i've never managed to beat. and thanks to the Game Genie i managed to finish others

Forgot about Ocarina of Time. I had that on an N64 game emulator, and lost the saves I think. Terribly disappointing, and never got around to getting back to where I was.

Oh, and the last King of Fighters game for the Neo Geo. That last guy with the blades on the end of his kilt is a real $#@!

Forgot about Ocarina of Time. I had that on an N64 game emulator, and lost the saves I think. Terribly disappointing, and never got around to getting back to where I was.

Oh, and the last King of Fighters game for the Neo Geo. That last guy with the blades on the end of his kilt is a real $#@!

Igniz........man **** him!!!!!!! Cheap ass boss

I've made it to Death in the original Castlevania..still ain't beat him.

Resident Evil 4
Kingdom Hearts
Hulk:Ultimate Destruction
Assassins Creed
Zelda OOT

After about 30 damn tries, I finally did beat Death...on Castlevania IV, lol

Probably never will beat him on the original.

I popped in Dragon Age again for the first time after abandoning it two months ago and played for about an hour... I can not stand the combat and I am never going to finish this game. :cmad:

Assasins creed 2 - just didnt care for the story and it felt very repetive after a while.

Grand theft auto 4 - Entirely too repetetive and also the story was boring and overall turned me off to the series entirely, especially having to check my text and emails for missions.

I forgot to add The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. My friend told me all about Midna by accident(he thought I finished it). So I lost interest but still it's the best installment in the series. I might finish it sometime just for kicks.

My current list of unbeaten games is;

For the Wii
Okami
Resident Evil

X-Box 360
Fallout 3
Tom Clancy's Hawx
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Dead Rising 2

Working on Dead Rising 2 right now, hoping to beat that and Marvel Ultimate Alliance before Assassin's Creed Brotherhood comes out. First though, want to get all the achievements on Plants vs. Zombies for X-Box Live Arcade, just have the survive 40 waves on Survival left, think I finally have a strategy that'll work that I'm gonna try tonight.

I'm prepared to give up on Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands. It just seems like I'm running around the palace for most of the game and it's getting repetitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"