Gareth Edwards's Jurassic World Sequel

David Lowery was an idea that popped into my head. Loved his work with Pete’s Dragon and Green Knight, and would be curious to see him tackle Science-Fiction.

I imagine the movie will be about

1705989862720.png

:)

If ever there was a franchise that needs to rest permanently, it's this one.

First JP was released the year I was born, so I quite literally grew up with this franchise. I very much enjoyed being able to experience Jurassic World in a theater with my father as an adult, but the last two sequels didn't do anything that was really worthwhile.

I kind of immediately checked out when it was decided they were going to keep pushing Chris Pratt as the main character despite the fact that he is one of the least convincing action stars of all time & has nothing of substance to offer. Perfect chance to break ground and make Bryce Dallas Howard the lead and just completely leave Pratt alone but nope, just more weak humor and clinging on to the hybrid dinosaur thread that did not need to be repeated after the Indominus Rex was killed.

So, needless to say, unless this ends up being utterly amazing and has some solid names attached that will actually tell a new story, I'm going to pass. This really isn't a franchise that needs to have 10+ installments or any nonsense like that.

I think they mean that loosely. Like how Jurassic World was a complete reboot but a continuation of the Jurassic Park trilogy world.

I take it to mean we’re following new characters but it’s continuing on to where the world is overrun with dinosaurs. Not actually starting over.

Yeah this, the last 3 movies made a billion each they won't ignore them completely so it won't be a full reboot.

I think the approach dan tratchenbrg took with prey along with what appears fede Alvarez is doing with alien is kind of where they should go with Jurassic park. I think that's probably more difficult to do with dinosaurs but there is potential there for a new chapter that is more thrilling like the first and even second films were. And with Koepp involved, hopefully they can incorporate that.

I didn't hate Dominion as much as everyone else, but not sure where you are going to go next other than Cadillacs and Dinosaurs or Planet of the Dinosaurs?

They've kind of introduced what the movies were always avoiding. Dinosaurs are now integrating with the modern world rather than being isolated.

But what happens when you introduce genetically altered dinosaurs into modern era? Doesn't that risk the spread of new diseases and upset natural evolution?

I get that studios are so foolish that they can't quit while they are ahead. You have to keep bilking a franchise until its dead. But what's left for this? Dominion kind of gave a nice sense of closure to all the characters and you united everyone from all the films together.

I mean, when you boil it down to its very core, the books are about how capitalism exploits science. I think there is plenty of inspiration around for the right writer. Much how Aliens is refocusing on the company aspects of the first two films.

I suppose this is just going to be one of those things where we have to wait and see how it turns out. In the right hands, as mentioned above we could get a Prey scenario with a fresh story that's worth telling. So, although I'm not losing my mind with excitement over another film, I'll at least be fair in waiting to see what they come up with before completely denouncing it.

Realistically, I want the movie to be good and succeed because who doesn't love a good dinosaur flick?

I didn't hate Dominion as much as everyone else, but not sure where you are going to go next other than Cadillacs and Dinosaurs or Planet of the Dinosaurs?

They've kind of introduced what the movies were always avoiding. Dinosaurs are now integrating with the modern world rather than being isolated.

But what happens when you introduce genetically altered dinosaurs into modern era? Doesn't that risk the spread of new diseases and upset natural evolution?

I get that studios are so foolish that they can't quit while they are ahead. You have to keep bilking a franchise until its dead. But what's left for this? Dominion kind of gave a nice sense of closure to all the characters and you united everyone from all the films together.
That's kind of what people wanted from Dominion after the ending of Fallen Kingdom more or less promised that as a concept but then for some reason most of the movie took place in a remote nature preserve that made it no different a concept as being on a remote island with dinosaurs.

The movie needed more of that deleted opening scene with the T-Rex at the drive in theater. The concept of the Jurassic Park dinosaurs running amok in cities is a fun concept, albeit one that was visited before in The Lost World. Though I think what really grounds it is that realistically, none of those out of control dinosaurs would be a match for modern military. Any of the big carnivores we've seen in the franchise - T-Rex, Indominus Rex, Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus - would all get absolutely wrecked in a drone strike.

That's kind of what people wanted from Dominion after the ending of Fallen Kingdom more or less promised that as a concept but then for some reason most of the movie took place in a remote nature preserve that made it no different a concept as being on a remote island with dinosaurs.

The movie needed more of that deleted opening scene with the T-Rex at the drive in theater. The concept of the Jurassic Park dinosaurs running amok in cities is a fun concept, albeit one that was visited before in The Lost World. Though I think what really grounds it is that realistically, none of those out of control dinosaurs would be a match for modern military. Any of the big carnivores we've seen in the franchise - T-Rex, Indominus Rex, Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus - would all get absolutely wrecked in a drone strike.

The problem is these dinosaurs can breed asexually and now that they are out there it's like an infestation almost. You can never get rid of them.

In all honesty, at this point and time, I'd rather just have an accurate Michael Crichton Novel set of remake films at this point. The first novel had some fantastic scenes that we never got to see on screen and the Lost World Novel and existing film share only a few similarities and varied greatly with the novel being MUCH superior.

I loved the Franchise from JP1 to JW3 and both series without a doubt had its high and low points but overall, an enjoyment for me. Each low point film still had plenty that I enjoyed.

But... With the franchise already hitting that "dinosaurs roaming the earth with humans" point, there's not much more they can cover film wise that a TV series couldn't handle just as well. Hence me being open and welcome to my novel remake as mentioned earlier.

In all honesty, at this point and time, I'd rather just have an accurate Michael Crichton Novel set of remake films at this point. The first novel had some fantastic scenes that we never got to see on screen and the Lost World Novel and existing film share only a few similarities and varied greatly with the novel being MUCH superior.

I loved the Franchise from JP1 to JW3 and both series without a doubt had its high and low points but overall, an enjoyment for me. Each low point film still had plenty that I enjoyed.

But... With the franchise already hitting that "dinosaurs roaming the earth with humans" point, there's not much more they can cover film wise that a TV series couldn't handle just as well. Hence me being open and welcome to my novel remake as mentioned earlier.
I'd be open to that idea since that first Jurassic Park novel is especially terrifying but I'd prefer it to be a series rather than movies to differentiate it as much as possible. They'd also have a really tough job topping the now-iconic dinosaurs we've come to know for the last 30 years. The only one that they can really improve on is the Dilophosaurus since it's supposed to be much bigger than in the movies.

I don’t think a TV series could handle the spectacle of either books to be honest.

And they mined a lot of the best parts of the first book in later sequels (pteranodon attack, T-Rex waterfall attack, river attack…)

If they ever made a JP series, a World War Z style would be more fitting with separate stories happening around the world. That way you can keep the dinosaurs limited in terms of budget, but have truly terrifying stories of people surviving and/or more heady Crichton stories of science vs nature etc.

Feeling pretty optimistic about this in all honesty. I'm in for life because dinosaurs, but now the 'World' trilogy is wrapped up there is a chance to get a more interesting vision going. Dominion almost totally avoided the potential of dinosaurs in the human world despite being set up that way, so a new series could pick up that dropped baton and run with it.

For the love of god can we get back to the basics of dinosaurs being impressive, wild animals, and humanity being stupid around them.

Very interesting choice. I've loved pretty much everything I've seen from David's work so I think he's a solid choice.

Also curious when I posted that does it show up as just a link? Or the actual tweet? Because on my end all I see is just the link. And also is my avvy still a gif?

I know it's a money maker and they go for the safe approach but a reboot in just three years is way too soon.

Damn, they’ve got a release date set. This is coming fast.

For those hoping for more horror will probably be disappointed. But I can definitely see him letting loose with crazy dinosaurs in the city stunts.

Also curious when I posted that does it show up as just a link? Or the actual tweet? Because on my end all I see is just the link. And also is my avvy still a gif?

The forum software doesn't recognize the x.com links, it still likes the twitter.com links.

On the whole, I prefer Leitch's work as a director over Trevorrow. Still, I'm not convinced about that release date. That's too soon for something as VFX heavy as this unless they've secretly been working on pre-production for the last six months, which is doubtful if Leitch isn't officially signed on yet. I'd be highly surprised if this ends up making that date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"