Second best Jurassic park movie?

I still remember seeing it on opening weekend. It really went down well with my audience.

The Lost World.

I have question for everyone. During the beginning of TLW, Malcom said to Ludlow that InGen covered up the deaths of 3 people. Did everyone at that time still assume that Dennis Nedry had made it off the island?

Did everyone at that time still assume that Dennis Nedry had made it off the island?
I didn't. :funny:

I think in the book Nedry actually didn't plan on leaving the island. He was going to hand over the embryos and then rush back to his work station. And then fix the power outages and return everything back to normal.

I prefer the film's handling of the events. Getting the goods, rushing off and not taking any chances of being found out. But alas, both scenarios end in his death.

I didn't. :funny:

I think in the book Nedry actually didn't plan on leaving the island. He was going to hand over the embryos and then rush back to his work station. And then fix the power outages and return everything back to normal.

I prefer the film's handling of the events. Getting the goods, rushing off and not taking any chances of being found out. But alas, both scenarios end in his death.

I preferred the film's handling of the events as well, but The thing that kind of struck me was that 4 people died during the events of Jurassic Park. Malcom in TLW said InGen covered up the deaths of 3 people. This lead me to believe that everyone assumed Nedry was still alive up until someone returned to the island.

I preferred the film's handling of the events as well, but The thing that kind of struck me was that 4 people died during the events of Jurassic Park. Malcom in TLW said InGen covered up the deaths of 3 people. This lead me to believe that everyone assumed Nedry was still alive up until someone returned to the island.

I noticed this too. I think it was interesting since clearly we saw five people die in the original film. However, Geoffrey was an employee whose death they covered up from the press and even if they knew what happened to Nedry, they never had to take any responsibility since he was at disastrous fault. My guess is that only three were confirmed (Gennaro, Arnold, Muldoon) and those were the three they had to pay out in hush money to the families.

So, if they were not being sued by family members, they did not care. Kind of a sick corporate logic and satire of such bottom-line thinking there. At least, that is how I always interpreted it.

I agree with the OP. Jurassic World is easily the 2nd best of the franchise...

Maybe the dislike comes from the tone being different? JW does bring back the sense of wonder the original had, so perhaps people are responding positively to that.

I personally got a bigger sense of wonder from TLW. Even my girlfriend had mentioned she didn't feel like we as the audience got to just soak in the dinosaurs in JW. Probably an effect of the park being fully operational, and more of an amusement park than a zoo. I know not everyone felt that way, regarding Jurassic World, but it seems quite a few did. I think it could perhaps be intentional, to relate to us the "been there, done that" the visitors at the park are supposedly feeling, leading into the creation of I-Rex. I actually haven't watched TLW for some time, but I think perhaps this would hit the mark that JW missed for her. And maybe others, if they revisit it.

I noticed this too. I think it was interesting since clearly we saw five people die in the original film. However, Geoffrey was an employee whose death they covered up from the press and even if they knew what happened to Nedry, they never had to take any responsibility since he was at disastrous fault. My guess is that only three were confirmed (Gennaro, Arnold, Muldoon) and those were the three they had to pay out in hush money to the families.

So, if they were not being sued by family members, they did not care. Kind of a sick corporate logic and satire of such bottom-line thinking there. At least, that is how I always interpreted it.

Plus those were the only three victims that Malcolm actually met.

Not surprised at all that Jurassic world is wining this as it is like the first sequel that is over all liked by people and had a lot of good/great moments.

I rank them as follows:

1. Jurassic Park - 10/10
2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 7.5/10
3. Jurassic Park III - 7/10
4. Jurassic World - 6.5/10

Yes, I like 3 more than Jurassic World.

We’re really bringing back a 3 year old thread? Haha

I’ve said this already in the JW thread but

JP
JW
TLW
JP3

Last edited:
Jurassic World and isn't really close

The Lost World
Jurassic 3
Jurassic World

The one with the dinosaurs is the best...oh, and the recycled plot from the first, yep, those ones are the best.

I love that JP3 has zero votes. :funny:

I rank them as follows:

1. Jurassic Park - 10/10
2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 7.5/10
3. Jurassic Park III - 7/10
4. Jurassic World - 6.5/10

Yes, I like 3 more than Jurassic World.

Same here. I like trilogy over World.

Jurassic World series are mega budget syfy movies :barf:

Jurassic World, easily. I mean, it's sexist and features a lot of dumb stuff. But TLW is pretty much just a T-Rex slasher film and JP3 pure trash.

Never saw Jurassic World because it didn't look good to me, but I'd take Jurassic Park 3 over The Lost World, anyday.

I really don't have a second best Jurassic Park Movie.
Hopefully, that will change soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"