The Dark Knight Gator cast! Killer Croc?

He-Man

Sidekick
Reaction score
Batman actor ready to fight crime here
posted 9/13/2007

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/2014/2014939/batman_actor_ready_to_fight_crime_here_

C_67_article_2014939_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

FROM Reading Town to Gotham City – via the Black Pearl – Winston Ellis’s career is going from strength to strength.

Now the Hollywood actor, from Shinfield, who is set to appear in 2008’s upcoming blockbuster ‘Batman: The Dark Knight’, wants to give something back to his home town.

He is appealing for Reading Borough Council to allow him to go into schools and teach the town’s future movie-makers about the art of filming.

Youngsters could get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with professional people in the film industry – including famous actors.

It is hoped the project would help steer youngsters away from crime, particularly in some of Reading’s more deprived areas.

A similar scheme in Stevenage saw the town’s crime rate dip by an amazing 18 per cent according to construction and property consultant CMPB which sponsored the project in Stevenage.

Mr Ellis runs the scheme, called the Pukka Project, with basic skills education consultant Mark Straker.

Pukka stands for Peer Understanding Knowing Knowledge Attitude.

Mr Ellis and Mr Straker hope, through shadowing professionals and getting a real insight into the film industry, children and teenagers will be encouraged to move away from crime and into education.

If the scheme gets the go-ahead in Reading young people would help build sets and have the chance to make a documentary accompanying the film, as well as appearing as extras in the actual movie.

The scheme was so successful in Stevenage the first film, starring Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrel’s Nick Moran, won a plethora of awards.

It is hoped another film, ‘One of Us’, will be shown in local cinemas in Stevenage and possibly be made into a feature film by Channel Four.

Mr Ellis, 42, said: “I go into schools and teach kids about drama and set design. I want to do the same in Reading. I have been so lucky.

“A lot of people ask me, ‘Why are you still living in Reading?’ but it’s my home town.

“I cannot get my head round being famous. The thing for me is being recognised when I pop into my local Asda – and when I drop my daughter off at school.”

Mr Ellis, who was born in Battle Hospital and attended Alfred Sutton Boys’ School, got involved in acting after appearing in Casualty, Holby City and Doctors.

He now has an agent in LA and films a lot on location. He will be filming in Chicago for the new Batman movie, in which he plays baddie ‘Gator’ .

Mr Ellis, who has a son Ellis Mason, 23, and daughter Aisha Maunders, 11, played another henchman in the Pirates of the Caribbean films and he has also be cast as an “evil general” in a forthcoming flick called The White Flower.

“I might be getting typecast,” he joked.

In Batman, Christian Bale plays the title role and Hollywood heartthrob Heath Ledger is rumoured to be playing the wide-grinned Joker.

“Heath’s a fantastic man. He is a great actor and a great human being,” Mr Ellis revealed.

“My career is really starting to take off now.”

Mr Straker, 36, from Hertfordshire, added: “We would like to carry on Pukka in Reading – maybe in the Madejski Academy.

“In Stevenage, having the police back our project and setting up on quite a rough estate was phenomenal. It’s a different approach to education.”

Gator = Movie version of killer croc?

Ummm, why wouldn't they just call him killer croc? I think he's just a henchman nicknamed gator.

I saw this, wanted to post it....but knowing people here I would get one of two things.

1.OLD, LOCK, DIE
2.DOES THIS NEED A NEW THREAD?

So thanks. :) I think it'd be neat but it's hard to say until we know more about the character.

Ummm, why wouldn't they just call him killer croc? I think he's just a henchman nicknamed gator.

Probably is just a henchman but I put the idea of killer croc out just for discussion becuase things change in the movie world.......

I bet he ain't Killer Croc, it would be cool if he was tho.

Isnt it possible that Nolan is taking some of the lesser known villans (and when i say that i mean villans that might not be known to the general public as much) and give them small roles in different gangs throughout the movie? Maybe Nolan will have Calendar, Blask Mask, Killer croc, etc.. in this movie to give them some screen time but not make them full fledged villans.

Isnt it possible that Nolan is taking some of the lesser known villans (and when i say that i mean villans that might not be known to the general public as much) and give them small roles in different gangs throughout the movie? Maybe Nolan will have Calendar, Blask Mask, Killer croc, etc.. in this movie to give them some screen time but not make them full fledged villans.

Yeah I could see that, He used Victor Zsasz in BB.

I saw this, wanted to post it....but knowing people here I would get one of two things.

1.OLD, LOCK, DIE
2.DOES THIS NEED A NEW THREAD?

So thanks. :) I think it'd be neat but it's hard to say until we know more about the character.

No problem. I did a few searches before I opened a new thread on it.

In Batman, Christian Bale plays the title role and Hollywood heartthrob Heath Ledger is rumoured to be playing the wide-grinned Joker.

I think its safe to say that the rumor is true. :woot:

Anyway, him being Killer Croc can be a good thing. A small cameo would be the best part, especially if they show him to be the Joker's muscle in the gang. Everyone thinks that Killer Croc is a mutated crocodile and not a regular man with a skin condition. This way they can show that.

Jow's money is a on killer croc cameo. Something along the lines of that Ripley's Believe it or not episode with the guy who got like tattoos and embraisions and teeth so he could look like a cat (you know u saw that episode)

And frankly they're not calling him killer croc because nolan and co don't want all the villains names out. Not to mention the press doesn't care as much as we do about that stuff. They're idiots. Hell when begins came out, my newspaper had it listed as "Batman Returns" for like a week.

Furthermore......the movie is about the rise of the freaks. What says freak more than Killer Croc?

- Jow

He's probably one of Gamble's men.

They seem to be a little behind in terms of news........

His probably one of Gamble's guys. British Accent + Hollywood = Evil Henceman.

hmmm . . . thinking he's just a henchman named Gator . . . pry works for Gamble's crew . . . the name Gator is pry just more of an offhand allusion to Killer Croc . . . they could embody Killer Croc's persona without making him all mutuated and stuff . . . more of an ode to the character, but still having him grounded in reality . . .

Why is it that when a new actor is cast he just have to play a villian? First it was Hall. Then later this Hollyhoaks chick

Could be the "Huge Tattooed Prisoner" from the side on the ferry.

Killer Croc in a Batman movie in any form is ubercool. :yay:

Why is it that when a new actor is cast he just have to play a villian? First it was Hall. Then later this Hollyhoaks chick

Is this Hollyhoaks chick you refer to that woman whom everyone presumes will play Harley Quinn?

I dont think he's Killer Croc. First, Croc's real name is Waylan Jones or something like that....so if Nolan wanted Croc in a movie, why not call him Croc? No one's going to know he's Killer Croc unless you either call him Waylan Jones or Killer Croc.....if he's called "Gator" he's a brand new character.

Why the hell does he have to look like this:

batman-secret-files-af.jpg

for him to be in the movie?

Why can't he just be pale, have a scaly skin disease, and broken teeth? Backstory? No problem. Ex-circus freak(Alligator Man) that Joker finds and hires as a bodyguard.

Didn't Joker use circus freaks in Killing Joke? Sounds awesome to me.

I dont think he's Killer Croc. First, Croc's real name is Waylan Jones or something like that....so if Nolan wanted Croc in a movie, why not call him Croc? No one's going to know he's Killer Croc unless you either call him Waylan Jones or Killer Croc.....if he's called "Gator" he's a brand new character.
Probably not killer croc but then again like Anjow said maybe they're not calling him by his name right now because they're trying to keep some things secret. We have been overly spoiled...

Who knows

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"