• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Gator cast! Killer Croc?

If a guy with bleached white skin isn't realistic enough, a half man-half crocodile mutation is certainly going way over the line.

Gators and crocs aren't even the same animal. Killer Croc will not be in this movie.

I know they're not the same animal. Just something to put up for discussion.
Croc...Gator
TDK...Rory's First Kiss
??????

Um....what?
The people who are working on the movie are not revealing everything.
Even when when they were filming in Chicago everyone knew it was TDK but they were still refering to it as Rory's First Kiss.

I'm going to blaspheme a bit, but here it goes: it's because the name "Killer Croc" is fawking lame. I'm sorry, but it's just some extremely weak alliteration with a phoning-it-in, yawn-inspiring element ("killer"=Scary!). Moreover, if a character in a film is referred to as "Croc", the audience isn't going to see a black man and respond by thinking "Oh, that must be short for Crocodile." "Croc" will read more like "crock of poo", which is a little distracting.

"Gator," then, is either: 1) A total coincidence, as Nolan and Co. figured that "Gator" was a totally appropriate name befitting a scary goon; or 2) A sly wink from Nolan to the nerds, a la the Victor Zsazz (sp?!?!) appearance in Begins.
My bet is on the latter.

That's what Im guessing as well, I think it is going to be a sly wink. Why in the hell would he use Zsaz in the first film when he could have had him some generic thug. It was a knod for the fans.

Gators and crocs aren't even the same animal. Killer Croc will not be in this movie.

Yeah, but Killer Croc wasn't a mutant Crocodile. He had a skin disorder that gave him scaly messed up skin like a Crocodile or Alligator(they have the same texture). The name was just a name, the creators might have picked it because for a comic villian it has a better ring to it than Killer Alligator.

The people who are working on the movie are not revealing everything.
Even when when they were filming in Chicago everyone knew it was TDK but they were still refering to it as Rory's First Kiss.

You know that's just to stop people from gathering in the street and seeing all of the sets, right? A plot point has nothing to do with a fake name being used to stop fans from gathering.

You know that's just to stop people from gathering in the street and seeing all of the sets, right? A plot point has nothing to do with a fake name being used to stop fans from gathering.

That's probably it...but the point I was trying to make is they are not revealing things and don't want everyone to know everything about the movie before it comes out...

Yeah, the brothas gotta stick 2getha.

Even if he was cast as killer croc, i'm sure that WB wouldn't want him revealing it. Chances are the writer had to learn the name of the character he was playing from the actor, who more than likely gave them some sort of pseudonym, so that he wouldn't break any contractual obligations. Perhaps "Gator" is the actor's way of giving a hint while not flat-out saying "i'm playing killer croc". Plus, who knows, the names were changed in all the sides to keep the roles somewhat secret, why would they not do the same for this?

I bet this is a nod to Killer Croc (Ellis is black, as Croc was in the comics, and "Gator"?), but I'd highly, highly doubt we'll ever see Killer Croc in his reptilian form, or that Ellis will have a role of any significance as far as screen time goes. It's probably just a nice little Nolan comic reference that only we'll "get", like Victor Zsasz in Batman Begins, nothing more.

I bet this is a nod to Killer Croc (Ellis is black, as Croc was in the comics, and "Gator"?), but I'd highly, highly doubt we'll ever see Killer Croc in his reptilian form, or that Ellis will have a role of any significance as far as screen time goes. It's probably just a nice little Nolan comic reference that only we'll "get", like Victor Zsasz in Batman Begins, nothing more.

I agree, I'm sure it's not a full fledged character, Nolan does have many nod's to certain characters. I mean even Falcone was barley in the movie, but he made him work as a minor character, even though he was important.

You know I know this is off topic, but one thing I never knew was if Falcone is returning in TDK?

I'm going to blaspheme a bit, but here it goes: it's because the name "Killer Croc" is fawking lame. I'm sorry, but it's just some extremely weak alliteration with a phoning-it-in, yawn-inspiring element ("killer"=Scary!).
He's a killer who looks like a crocodile.:dry:

Moreover, if a character in a film is referred to as "Croc", the audience isn't going to see a black man and respond by thinking "Oh, that must be short for Crocodile." "Croc" will read more like "crock of poo", which is a little distracting.
right, they'll see a black man and think "crock of poo".:dry:

I don't know if anyone has brought this up cause I didn't read every page, but why does it say "Heath Ledger is RUMOURED to be playing Joker"? Sounds like an old interview.

wait a minute..read what it says.

heath ledger rumoured to be playing the joker.

I don't know if anyone has brought this up cause I didn't read every page, but why does it say "Heath Ledger is RUMOURED to be playing Joker"? Sounds like an old interview.

bingo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"