General Smallville Discussion Thread

SpiderByte

Superhero
Reaction score
Just so that we don't have a dozen threads per episode, and we don't really have one for just plain discussion.

Season 9 finale just ended. Looks awesome.

Anyone else excited for Season 10?

well we usually do discussions for the episodes in the episode threads, and news/rumors in the news and rumor thread. But if we want to use this as a general thread to talk all things past/present for smallville it would be a good place to do it.

Yeah, thats the idea.

I found out that 'Jimmy' is really his older brother.

I love Smallville, but god, if youre going to build up a character for that long, and kill him off, at least don't RETCON IT.

oh yea that was a crappy thing that happened last season. the BS reason we got is that dc never liked that jimmy on the show was as old as lois and clark. so he was killed off. then it was said he wasnt jimmy of the comics but a created for show older brother of who would be real jimmy. And we saw him at fake jimmy's funeral last yr. He looked to be anywhere between 10-13 yrs old. I would say 13 so then the 3yr in the future deal would put that jimmy around 17-18 yrs old and be a proper age at interning at the planet deal.

Also, back in Season Eight, when Lana had to absorb all the Kryptonite:

Can't Kryptonite be destroyed with Clarks heat vision?

The stupid thing about Jimmy's age being an excuse why they killed Jimmy off is that Kara's age is a big issue as well, why not kill her.

The only reason Jimmy was killed off in my mind if the producers didn't know what to do with his character because it would be hard getting him involved in love triangles(and sadly they ruined any opportunity to try build his relationship with Clark because I guess that isn't good tv for the CW)

If this show were called "Alien Guy Becomes Hero" I'd never watch it. Too much drama, often there's very bad acting, many cheesy lines - it's like SuperHero 90210.

But I'm a sucker for all things Superman, so I gladly put up with all the other stuff because I know this will all lead us to some never before seen version of Superman.

Last night was a prime example. So many plot holes, bad dialogue...but I was alright with it because Clark took a big leap toward becoming Superman.

yea as much as i love the show, they have made some major screw ups over the yrs, like killing off john kent, the whole yoyoing lana and clark/superlana, and the screw over jimmy.

The stupid thing about Jimmy's age being an excuse why they killed Jimmy off is that Kara's age is a big issue as well, why not kill her.

The only reason Jimmy was killed off in my mind if the producers didn't know what to do with his character because it would be hard getting him involved in love triangles(and sadly they ruined any opportunity to try build his relationship with Clark because I guess that isn't good tv for the CW)

Kara's age is not an issue. She's older than Kal-El but was in suspended animation for eighteen years: http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Kara

They could've done something more creative with "Jimmy", like sending him to the future with the Legion, etc... but I digress.

S10 has plenty of potential, a lot depends on how they handle Darkseid & co. It should be the end of the journey with Clark becoming Superman and Lex back on LuthorCorp.

Kara's age is not an issue. She's older than Kal-El but was in suspended animation for eighteen years: http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Kara

I think the post was referring to Kara's age on SV after she came out of suspended animation.

She's the same age as Clark here, considering she came out so early and was already 19/20.

I think that's part of the reason they wrote her off.

I think the post was referring to Kara's age on SV after she came out of suspended animation.

She's the same age as Clark here, considering she came out so early and was already 19/20.

I think that's part of the reason they wrote her off.

TPTB wanted to center more on Clark and Lois (that's the case since S8), plus, I guess one less special effects heavy character saves money.

VISITORS AMONG US: Overall, was it exciting to be part of the this mythos?

LAURA VANDERVOORT: Definitely. There was no live action television version of Supergirl. Helen Slater was great in the feature film version. Smallville's definitely got me in some doors and just having that legendary name behind you, it's really neat. One day I can say to my kids, "I was Supergirl." Not only that, Smallville is a great show with a great fan following. They really welcomed me. It was a great experience. I really wish that I was still doing it, but it didn't work out storyline wise. They had to focus more on Clark and Lois for the continuation of the legend.

http://www.visitorsamongus.com/2009...andervoort-on-v-and-into-the-blue-2.html#more

totally mikelus i hope for season ten to be as good/better then season 9.

I just noticed:

If Lex announced his candidacy in 2013....he's running for the 2016 election.

He announced his candidacy 3 years before the next election, right after an election had ALREADY happened?

Worst. Political. Strategy. Ever.

Yeah basically, most Superman media she is like in her teens while Superman is closer to 30s

TPTB wanted to center more on Clark and Lois (that's the case since S8), plus, I guess one less special effects heavy character saves money.

In all honesty if they wanted to save money in S8, they could have kept Kara, put her in all Chloe's storylines at a much cheaper rate. I think the whole Brainiac/Davis stuff would make more sense with Kara then it did with Chloe and not make much difference to the season as a whole. In the case of Kara they could of got her on like a 12-16 episode deal.

well maybe smallville political stuff is on a different schedule lol.

Personally, I thought the Ace of Clubs thread was more of a 'General Smallville Thread' I don't see the need for another so similar..

I have to say I started watching this show at the beginning of Season 9, and so far I have caught up with the first 2 (and a half seasons). I plan on getting season 4 and 5 very soon. Smallville has a grown into my top 5 favorite shows of all time, seriously...I'm pumped for Season 10. And I don't mind it when the show doesn't follow mythos, not one bit. Chloe and Lana are probably my favorite characters as well. ;) But I love all the Smallville characters, I love the show THAT much.

nah the lounge is for anything going on, and this is more of a thread solely for smallville ideas and all that. But its up to the mods what they want to do with this thread.

I would love to get hints throughout season 10 that Lex is indeed alive(which we know of course). As long as they don't spend too much time with it. Now I know that Rosenbaum has stated he's not returning, but a final shot with him watching Superman flying through Metropolis would be incredible IMO.

oh totally i loved how they made a mention of it via dr. fate in absolute justice. So if they continue to lay down seeds of lex's return would be nice. Now if we actually see lex is the question. As i said in the season 10 thread yea we all know michael doesnt want to return to the show and been clear about it recently and in the past since he left. But there could still be the slime chance that if the show is confirmed to be the end. The producers could go after him throughout the rest of this yr/early next yr up to when the last few episodes are being written. And maybe we could get lucky for him to appear in series finale. Only time will tell.

Lex's return has been confirmed via the Candidacy run. Dead people can't be president.

I loved seeing Lex on the picture of that newspaper in the beginning of "Salvation!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"