• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Generic Trek Talk

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Discovery and the upcoming Picard series aside, thought we could do with a generic thread to discuss TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT.

I’m rewatching VOY at the moment, and I maintain that Message in a Bottle is one of, if not the best episode of the show, however the current episode on watch is ‘Think Tank’, where Voyager is in a pickle with a bunch of Hazari ships.

My question here though, why didn’t Janeway just ask for the Think Tank to find them an almost instant way home to Earth rather than worry about the Hazari?

Well, the Think Tank would probably not have found an instant way to Earth, they were beaten by humans after all, not that smart of a Think Tank.
Janeway could not stop herself from sticking her nose in other people matters :)
She is my least fav Captain but I like the show and the rest of the crew is OK.

I've re watched VOY and TNG recently (not all episodes).

Well, the Think Tank would probably not have found an instant way to Earth, they were beaten by humans after all, not that smart of a Think Tank.
The way I saw it, the Think Tank relied on mathematic calculations and science to find results. They were beaten by thought and emotion. You can’t put an equation on that! :p

I suppose it’s comparable to the Asgard of Stargate asking humans for an answer to their replicator problems as they needed someone dumber than they were to find a solution; and they did, by not using math or calculations, but rather thought and emotion. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"