Get the iron out, we need to smooth over the creases!

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
many people were disappointed with Deadpool's and Gambits appearances in x-men origins: wolverine. The way i see it there roles were perfectly fine...

Let me start with Deadpool - We saw wade with his mouth at the begining of the film, Granted it wasnt really explained his true reason for why he opted for weapon XI but we see him become this controlled multipowered mutant that fights wolverine and sabretooth until his head is decapitated...

Ryan Renolds as Deadpool has been granted its own movie... Im confident we will see the Deadpool we want to see... Deadpool: The Movie - will Iron Out all the flaws that occured in Origins... But firstly lets take a look at his role in x-men origins wolverine...

The movie was essentially a wolverine based movie... we are not focusing on deadpool or gambit but this was a wolverine movie. What i mean is our focus on story telling the correct Deadpool origin was not necessary because they wasnt making that movie they were making wolverine. So we couldnt go the whole cancer story line that leads to his disfigurment and blah blah blah...

I like to think about it like this... the missing part of X-Men Origins Wolverine, the part that explains how Wade agreed to become weapon x. goes something like this...

Wade discovers he has cancer, Stryker's research is transfering powers from one mutant to another to make the ultimate mutant. Stryker offers to cure Wade of his cancer by giving him Wolverines healing factor. Wade agrees but is drugged by the chemical that came from strykers son. Wade then inherits several powers of his fallen friends and is now cured of cancer but at the cost of losing all the hair from his body, and his body is having trouble containing the powers causing his body to slowly tear in places. But he cant do anthing about this because he is being drugged by stryker to be controllable. Wade then fights wolverine to which his head is sliced off cutting his nerv cord and falling into the rubble of that tunnel. Wade awakes as his body attempts to rebuild itself via the healing factor. To which we have Deadpool the movie to continue his story...

Lets movie on to Gambit, I personnally feel we need two movies with him in. An Origin and a future installement. Because Gambit needs to tell his New Orleans theives guild assisins guild revivraly. Then maybe x4 a few years down the line an older Gambit meets the x-men, the two movies complement each other and smooths out any creases caused by his short appearance in the movie.

many people were disappointed with Deadpool's and Gambits appearances in x-men origins: wolverine. The way i see it there roles were perfectly fine...

Let me start with Deadpool - We saw wade with his mouth at the begining of the film, Granted it wasnt really explained his true reason for why he opted for weapon XI but we see him become this controlled multipowered mutant that fights wolverine and sabretooth until his head is decapitated...

Ryan Renolds as Deadpool has been granted its own movie... Im confident we will see the Deadpool we want to see... Deadpool: The Movie - will Iron Out all the flaws that occured in Origins... But firstly lets take a look at his role in x-men origins wolverine...

The movie was essentially a wolverine based movie... we are not focusing on deadpool or gambit but this was a wolverine movie. What i mean is our focus on story telling the correct Deadpool origin was not necessary because they wasnt making that movie they were making wolverine. So we couldnt go the whole cancer story line that leads to his disfigurment and blah blah blah...

:applaud:up:

They could have went the cancer route...I see no reason why they couldn't have. It might have made the movie more than 90 minutes!!! OH NO!!!

They could have went the cancer route...I see no reason why they couldn't have. It might have made the movie more than 90 minutes!!! OH NO!!!

but now in the spinoff, it can be said that this is why he joined stryker's team
in the first place

Anything you do in a spinoff will be considered a step up from what we got in this film.

We found out three things about Wade this movie:

He liked to use swords to fight and kill with
He was really mouthy and told a lot of jokes.
He knew more than one language

Wade Wilson was a huge untapped source for something great in this movie and they used him by giving him a few lines and one short action scene that totaled less that 5 minutes. This movie should have been longer and it could have been so much better.

We found out three things about Wade this movie:

He liked to use swords to fight and kill with
He was really mouthy and told a lot of jokes.
He knew more than one language

Wade Wilson was a huge untapped source for something great in this movie and they used him by giving him a few lines and one short action scene that totaled less that 5 minutes. This movie should have been longer and it could have been so much better.

well, it is called x-men origins : wolverine, not Deadpool : the movie for a reason..

Then why did we need all the cameos? Why did we need all the supporting characters that get little development? This isn't called X-Men Origins: Sabretooth, Cyclops, Wade, Wraith, Blob, Agent Zero, Emma Frost, and most importantly, Wolverine.

Then why did we need all the cameos? Why did we need all the supporting characters that get little development? This isn't called X-Men Origins: Sabretooth, Cyclops, Wade, Wraith, Blob, Agent Zero, Emma Frost, and most importantly, Wolverine.

possibly to setup future films or sequels

possibly to setup future films or sequels
That is the sign up good film making; setting up for 4 more films with 3 possible spin offs and a sequel in one 90 minute film. Fox is ****ing out this franchise and will take it to the ends of the Earth as long as it makes a profit of $1.

That is the sign up good film making; setting up for 4 more films with 3 possible spin offs and a sequel in one 90 minute film. Fox is ****ing out this franchise and will take it to the ends of the Earth as long as it makes a profit of $1.

well, would you rather them ****e out x-men [a great movie franchise, on par with batman & spidey, soon to be iron man] or the hunk of junk fantastic four films? seriously, the only reason i'll watch those is cause of jessica alba.

This franchise is not on par with the new Batman, Spider-Man or Iron Man.

well, would you rather them ****e out x-men [a great movie franchise, on par with batman & spidey, soon to be iron man] or the hunk of junk fantastic four films? seriously, the only reason i'll watch those is cause of jessica alba.

How is Iron Man a ****ed out franchise when it's only had one film and an upcoming sequel? :huh:

Iron Man will have its sequel and then it'll be the Avengers. I hardly call that a ****ed out franchise.

I like to think about it like this... the missing part of X-Men Origins Wolverine, the part that explains how Wade agreed to become weapon x. goes something like this...

Wade discovers he has cancer, Stryker's research is transfering powers from one mutant to another to make the ultimate mutant. Stryker offers to cure Wade of his cancer by giving him Wolverines healing factor. Wade agrees but is drugged by the chemical that came from strykers son. Wade then inherits several powers of his fallen friends and is now cured of cancer but at the cost of losing all the hair from his body, and his body is having trouble containing the powers causing his body to slowly tear in places. But he cant do anthing about this because he is being drugged by stryker to be controllable. Wade then fights wolverine to which his head is sliced off cutting his nerv cord and falling into the rubble of that tunnel. Wade awakes as his body attempts to rebuild itself via the healing factor. To which we have Deadpool the movie to continue his story...

Lets movie on to Gambit, I personnally feel we need two movies with him in. An Origin and a future installement. Because Gambit needs to tell his New Orleans theives guild assisins guild revivraly. Then maybe x4 a few years down the line an older Gambit meets the x-men, the two movies complement each other and smooths out any creases caused by his short appearance in the movie.

Wade is decapitaed and Gambit is in his late 40's in the current fim continuity...
Yea, easy fixes ahead. :dry:

They already ****ed out the X-Men franchise when they let Brett Ratner and Gavin Hood run a train on it. Have McG do X-Men Origins: Jubilee and we are on to something...

How is Iron Man a ****ed out franchise when it's only had one film and an upcoming sequel? :huh:

Iron Man will have its sequel and then it'll be the Avengers. I hardly call that a ****ed out franchise.

i didnt say iron man was ****ed out. i said it was the start of a great film franchise.

This franchise is not on par with the new Batman, Spider-Man or Iron Man.

i meant burton's batman.
X1 = Batman
X2 = Batman Returns
X3 = Batman Forever
XO: W = Batman Forever [cause even if you dont like it, you still gotta admit, it's nowhere near as bad as Batman & Robin]

Comparing the X-Men to the first Batman films doesn't help your case. I will agree that X1 and X2 were good movies like Batman and Batman Returns. But, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were bad movies and very bad superhero movies and so were X3 and XO:W. They both epitomize a ****ed out franchise. Batman has seen success with a reboot, I think we are pretty close to needed a reboot for the X-Men unless Fox can pull their head out of their ***es and decide to return to good film making.

Comparing the X-Men to the first Batman films doesn't help your case. I will agree that X1 and X2 were good movies like Batman and Batman Returns. But, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were bad movies and very bad superhero movies and so were X3 and XO:W. They both epitomize a ****ed out franchise. Batman has seen success with a reboot, I think we are pretty close to needed a reboot for the X-Men unless Fox can pull their head out of their ***es and decide to return to good film making.

You can't reason with a man who has Barakapool for an Avvy :hehe:

There's way too much bickering going on here. Keep it civil or this thread's life will be short.

We need at least six to eight movies with Gambit in them. Period.

By order of Fox:

Every movie with X-Men in the title shall have Gambit in it in some form or fashion.

I would like that, the only problem with Gambit meeting the X-men is the time line provided by Origins.

Going by the movie, Wolverine met Gambit sometime around the late 1970's to early 1980's. That means that he would be in his 40's during the time the normal X-men movies took place.

If Gambit does join the X-men, it's going to have to take place before the time the X-trilogy takes place, and he'll be about 10 years older than most of the members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"