Could this movie be possibly set 17 years ago and the present?

It looks as if the movie will be him entering the Weapon X program and relieving his past memories while being given adamantium.

It makes the most sense. It gets things start with a bang. "oh that's why his bones are shiny". The pain of the procedure matches the pain of his life. He joins the team BLAH BLAH a dead fox blah blah we were brothers blah blah blah deadpool joke blah blah then we see laser vison - diamond skin - floating cards - and the finale of wolverine missing his helicopter flight.

what most upsets me about the back story is that i dont see ONE mention of rose. thats pretty screwed up because she is the reason he loves jean grey

There was NO Rose back when Claremont started the famous Logan/Jean/Scott triangle back in the 70's for crying out loud. That's revisionist writing from the Origin mini-series. (I never liked Origin anyway.) If I'm stuck with Origin and bone claws as a basis for this film, you can get over the exclusion of a character.

This film definitely takes place entirely before the trilogy. The original poster had it right when he quoted Hugh Jackman as saying that the character could walk right out of the last scene of this movie and in to the bar in X1.

I don't think his origin will be told threw Flashbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"