Get the iron out, we need to smooth over the creases!

Edit: I hate being the last post on a page, nobody reads it.

Lets movie on to Gambit, I personnally feel we need two movies with him in. An Origin and a future installement. Because Gambit needs to tell his New Orleans theives guild assisins guild revivraly. Then maybe x4 a few years down the line an older Gambit meets the x-men, the two movies complement each other and smooths out any creases caused by his short appearance in the movie.

I would like that, the only problem with Gambit meeting the X-men is the time line provided by Origins.

Going by the movie, Wolverine met Gambit sometime around the late 1970's to early 1980's. That means that he would be in his 40's during the time the normal X-men movies took place.

^ I hate when people to that...

Sorry:csad:. But basically the reason any of us are on this forum is for other people to read what we say, and it's just annoying when you end up being the last post on a page, because usually no on reads it.

Ok didnt expect this thread to suddenly boom like this but here we go...

First point, YES they could of given Deadpool more lines...But if we did his character would of been overpowering and this whole movie might as well had been origins wolverine and deadpool... However, the studio wanted to test the water to see what kind of a reaction Ryan Renolds would generate as Wade Wilson... The answer is SUCCESSFUL. Because his small role has generated people to state "We want me, WE WANTED MORE BUT YOU DIDNT GIVE IT, so now We want more!" anyone who looks at these movies as a business can see this. Deadpool was a must after the reaction and box office figures this movie is techically a success.

The studios are under preasure for how long these movies go on for, The reason for this is because of money... say a cinema ticket is £10 - average in the uk cinema prices these days. that is per one person... If the movie is 3 hours long, that means that entire showing only makes £10 (going on a principle of one person in the cinema) But say the movie was 1 and half hours long, thats two showings in 3 hours slot with a total price of £20 per showing. So by making it shorter, the more times they can show the movie on more screens to generate high box office numbers making the film a success.

Look at it this way, we ever had a very detailed background on Deadpool in wolverine movie with the risk of him not appearing in a spin off, or they show him in a smaller role that generates deemand to see him in a sequel.

Now that ive covered deadpool let me move onto the other cameos... people keep saying alot were unecessary... i disagree. i think all were necessary to move the story along but they were used incorrectly to explain it. And i think its evidence with the movie itself being rewritten several times to make it shorter.

Heres a bit of information you may not be aware of... Did you know the short one of tv episode wanting to be a series...Generation X. which featured the white queen and banshee run a school for mutants with Jubilee blah blah blah... both characters in there 30's except for Jubilee who was one of the teens. Generation X is considered canon to the x-men movie universe. Why? because Generation X was made by Fox it was used as a tool to try and bring x-men to the cinema in the 90's. But Fox re-considered this pilot and now considered it canon to the x-men franchise world.

Whats all this got to do with the cameos in x-men... Generation X and the X-Men films are said to exist around the same time...in the not to distant future. White Queen and Banshee are the same ages of Cyclops and the other x-men in the x-men trilogy.

Go back to X-Men Origins: Wolverine - strykers prisoners... Banshee, White Queen.... Cyclops? see the connection. these three being the same age. It was a node to the Generation X tv film.

Lets move to Bolt/Beak change... consider this, What if Blobs involvement in the film was changed because Beak was changed to Bolt? We all know that Dominic was originaly cast as Beak and as a member of weapon x. We know from the film that this character was chosen to be killed off early at the circus... where was blob origin from? The Circus? maybe the original scene saw Logan investigate Beaks death at the circus and Wolverine meets Blob who saw everything. Instead because Beak was changed to Bolt the whole scene was rewritten, and Blob became a member of weapon x for some unknown reason. Maybe because that scene was too long and just having blob in a boxing ring was easyer to do.

Wraith, Silverfox, Maverick/Agent Zero were reasonable for wolverines history, the reason they made Silverfox and Emma Frost sisters is because they needed silverfox to have a reason to why she did what she did. Personally i would of done something along the lines of Silverfox and Wade Wilson were lovers and when wade wilson got cancer and the only cure was wolverine, So Silverfox who at that point never met wolverine meets him and pretends to fall in love with him to save wades life.... would of been more dramatic even with the betrail...

Moving on to Gambit in two future movies a prequel and sequel... I figure that Gambit in X-Men Origins is at the age of 18, surely he looks older? well now, the way i figure it and this is just by guessing Gambits history to how he ended up in strykers prison. If we were to have a Gambit origin, it possibly has to take place during the theives guild and assisins guild war, sparked by a scorned love between Gambit and Bella-Donna - now reading on New Orleans marriage laws, it is legal to get marrid at the age of 16 as long as they have legal gaurdians to sign this over. Being that Gambit and Bella-Donna symbolising the union of both guilds both parents would sign this. So from this, i figure this.

X-Men Origins: Gambit - will start with the Romeo and Juliet style characters of Gambit and Bella-Donna, the parents are rushing there wedding so it joins the two guilds together. Both working together to help aid the other. However gambit is adopted and a whole war between the two occures, the result the theives guild are killed leaving gambit wanting revenge, gambit seeks sinister, who amblifies his powers kills the assisins guild, joins sinisters group, goes to strykers lab to steal data gets caught...

Stuck in that hellhole for two years - the line gambit mutters in x-men origins: wolverine

Thus making him now 18 during wolverine origin movie. We then move to x4 were we re-introduce Gambit and Sinister... Rogue discovers gambit who knows how she can reactive her powers via Sinister who has information from The Deadpool experiment, however instead of just giving back rogue her powers he also gives her Flight and Strength. Tah-Dah! Rogue by x4 should be 20, because her character throughout x1 - x3 was 18/19 - So what we can establish is that gambit will now be the age of 32/33 - Rogue 20/21 because of the year laps. which really when you look at it is really only a 10 year age gap not a 15 year gap. And the good thing is Tyler Kitchen or whatever his name is, can play Gambit during this whole run, because well its easyer to age an actor than to make them look younger. Even though we have the technology.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"