Since Marvel owns the rights to Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider

My last reply was for your other reply.You know the skip the phase 4 part reply for thier next sequels,because the sequels will happen.

Now these others like i said could still be shown in movies or even tv or netflix,but as solo movies movies in phase 4?i just don't think so.

Maybe solo netflix shows in the middle of phase 4 or the end of it since i think luke,cage,jessica jones,daredevil,ironfist and the defenders will be around for many years if the shows do well enough.

Anyway i think all the new movies for phase 3 will have sequels,one way or the other even if they skip phase 4,but unlikely.
Mostly likely all will have sequels for phase 4 if all do well and you know avengers 5 will be in phase 4.

My last reply was for your other reply.You know the skip the phase 4 part reply for thier next sequels,because the sequels will happen.

Now these others like i said could still be shown in movies or even tv or netflix,but as solo movies movies in phase 4?i just don't think so.

Maybe solo netflix shows in the middle of phase 4 or the end of it since i think luke,cage,jessica jones,daredevil,ironfist and the defenders will be around for many years if the shows do well enough.

I disagree that all of the sequels will happen in phase 4, some may take a break till phase 5 otherwise they will have their 3rd movie at the same time with no new blood to take over, unless you bed the new hero's in with their own movies or they could make appearances in other marvel movies (like Ghost rider in Dr strange) before going onto a solo movie to boost interest in these 3 characters.

But none of us have a crystal ball....

Trust me,all the sequels most likely will happen in phase 4.
I could be wrong,but i think that is what is going to happen.

Blade,punisher and ghost rider if they show up in the mcu movies and tv and netflix shows will either be guest stars ,villains like you said or cameos in phase 4.

Their only chance i see for solo stuff for them around phase 4 is tv and netflix and that could happen years from now around the middle of phase 4 or the end of it or after.

For the solo movies, phase 5 and beyond is thier best bet,but they may still not get solo movies since they had thier chance.

Last edited:
Blade,Punisher and ghost rider if they show up in the mcu movies and tv and netflix shows will either be guest stars ,villains like you said or cameos in phase 4.

Their only chance i see for solo stuff for them around phase 4 is tv and netflix and that could happen years from now around middle the of phase 4 or the end of it or after.

For the solo movies, phase 5 and beyond is thier best bet,but they may still not get it since they had thier chance.

Blade and Ghost rider made money at the box office, in hollywood money talks so I see them being made, I think villain/guest appearances phase 4 before either a solo movie or an Avengers style team up (midnight sons) with Dr strange being the recruiter would be cool.

They had THIER chance for movies and i think mcu solo movies will not happen for them.
Time to move on anyway and give other superheroes a chance for solo films.

Last edited:
They had THIER chance for movies and i think mcu solo movies will not happen for them.
Time to move anyway and give other superheroes a chance for solo films.

That's my point I can't think of any superheros left who are as popular as these three that Marvel could make. (unless the rights for Spiderman come back)

Anyone still expecting for Blade, Ghost Rider, or Punisher solo films are kidding themselves

Last edited:
That's my point I can't think of any superheros left who are as popular as these three that Marvel could make. (unless the rights for Spiderman come back)

Inhumans is not that popular and they are having a movie.
I think some other lesser known characters will have movies since the three you mention had a chance.
I don't know who but i think that will happen most likely.

Like i said above,it's time for them to move on anyway like daredevil, and give other superheroes a chance for solo films.

By the way,blade had one animated series and live action tv show for one season.

Marvel Anime
2010–2011 (Japan)
2011–2012 (U.S.)
Four 12-episode series, based on Iron Man, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade

* Blade appears as the main character in Marvel Anime: Blade, voiced by Akio Ohtsuka in the Japanese version and by Harold Perrineau in the English Dub.

Blade: The Series
Spike series

* Blade: The Series aired on Spike TV and starred rapper/actor Kirk "Sticky Fingaz" Jones as Blade. The series dealt with Blade fighting an evil vampire named Marcus Van Sciver in Detroit, which is also Blade's birthplace in this series. As in the movies, Blade's birth name is Eric Brooks and his mother was named Vanessa. Here Blade's father is Robert Brooks, who raised him until he was 12 and elements of his vampiric nature became more apparent.

Don't get me wrong,i really like blade and he was one of my favorites back then.
Not anymore but i still like him and will watch anything he is in,but he had his chance and it's just time to move on.

If he gets another chance,fine i will definitely see his new movie/s or his new tv show etc...
I would prefer to see another blade movie first anyway before the other ones you mentioned.
Anyway if all of them do get new movies i will still clearly watch them.

Last edited:
Is Punisher meant to be white or does he just happen to be white?

The Punisher's full name is Francis Castiglione, so he is supposed to be Italian. However, he is usually referred to as just "Frank Castle" and I think they could still cast a black actor in the role. Just don't use his full last name and it can work since "Castle" doesn't really imply an Italian heritage.

I think it would be cool if Marvel created a separate "Marvel Knights Cinematic Universe" for the darker characters like Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider. It would still technically be a part of the MCU but these stories would be self-contained and have a much different tone from the Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and so on.

The Punisher's full name is Francis Castiglione, so he is supposed to be Italian. However, he is usually referred to as just "Frank Castle" and I think they could still cast a black actor in the role. Just don't use his full last name and it can work since "Castle" doesn't really imply an Italian heritage.

Also, how many of the actors playing him have been Italian?

Don't get me wrong,i really like blade and he was one of my favorites back then.
Not anymore but i still like him and will watch anything he is in,but he had his chance and it's just time to move on.

If he gets another chance,fine i will definitely see his new movie/s or his new tv show etc...
I would prefer to see another blade movie first anyway before the other ones you mentioned.
Anyway if all of them do get new movies i will still clearly watch them.

The problem is Hollywood doesn't work that way. it doesn't up and give someone else a shot because they think they're due for a crack at it. Investors want a return on their money. If you plop me down in a chair and say "Here's movie X, its had 2 movies in the series that has made wide margins of profit and the demographics show that their is still the same or more movie goers for this genre. Now here's movie Y, its brand new and we think has better or the same potential of profit, we're not sure yet because this is the 1st one." 9 times out of 10 the money well side with the proven winner and go for a proven quantity. These movies have a GREAT chance at a reboot in some form or another.

People like to get paid with the least amount of risk, they could care less what comic book character is even shown.

G'day,

Isn't that whats really happening with the Netflix stuff? I expect to see the Punisher and Moon Knight appear there.

Ralph

I think it would be cool if Marvel created a separate "Marvel Knights Cinematic Universe" for the darker characters like Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider. It would still technically be a part of the MCU but these stories would be self-contained and have a much different tone from the Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and so on.

I think we will see Ghost Rider, Blade and Punisher in the near(ish) future.

Among the characters that haven't gotten to play in the MCU sandbox, considering what we already know about the upcoming Phase 4 and Netflix slate, I'd say that those three are (arguably) the most high profile Marvel characters left.

Here's how I see it going down...

I think Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones were picked as Netflix shows for a very specific reason... those three characters have very strong ties to each others' worlds. I think those three shows, going forward, will be merged and continue as Heroes For Hire. This leaves a couple of slots. I think those can be filled with Moon Knight and Punisher.

On Netflix...
Wave 1: Daredevil, AKA Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Defenders
Wave 2: Daredevil (season 2), Heroes For Hire, Moon Knight, Punisher, The Defenders II

Now on the movie side, I think a solo Ghost Rider or Blade movie is a bit of a risk considering the fact that, as of now, Marvel expects their solo movies to absolutely explode in the box-office. While I have no doubt either Ghost Rider or Blade would make a solid profit, I don't think we'd be seeing returns at the level of GOTG/CA:TWS. So, my idea would be to combine the two. Ghost Rider/Blade team-up movie! One or two other supernatural hero characters could also have cameo appearances.

Supernatural-oriented movies in Phase 4...
2019: Dr. Strange 2
2020: Blade/Ghost Rider team-up movie
2021: Midnight Sons (Dr. Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight brought over from Netflix, etc.)

...2022 would bring Avengers 4 (The Coming of Galactus, if we're lucky) as usual, but that's a topic for another discussion.

EDIT: As an addendum, if they think Phase 4 is looking a little too supernatural heavy, maybe they could shift Midnight Sons to 2023 to kick off Phase 5 with a bang just like CA:CW is currently set to kick off Phase 3.

Last edited:
Mahershala Ali as the new Blade, he would make one hell of a Blade or even Michael Jai White

Mahershala Ali as the new Blade, he would make one hell of a Blade or even Michael Jai White

Really don't see Mahershala Ali have the physicalness to perform the martial arts part of the role. Blade cant wear a mask like Cap or Spider Man, and have a stunt man do all the hard work.

I think we will see Ghost Rider, Blade and Punisher in the near(ish) future.

Among the characters that haven't gotten to play in the MCU sandbox, considering what we already know about the upcoming Phase 4 and Netflix slate, I'd say that those three are (arguably) the most high profile Marvel characters left.

Here's how I see it going down...

I think Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones were picked as Netflix shows for a very specific reason... those three characters have very strong ties to each others' worlds. I think those three shows, going forward, will be merged and continue as Heroes For Hire. This leaves a couple of slots. I think those can be filled with Moon Knight and Punisher.

On Netflix...
Wave 1: Daredevil, AKA Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, The Defenders
Wave 2: Daredevil (season 2), Heroes For Hire, Moon Knight, Punisher, The Defenders II

Now on the movie side, I think a solo Ghost Rider or Blade movie is a bit of a risk considering the fact that, as of now, Marvel expects their solo movies to absolutely explode in the box-office. While I have no doubt either Ghost Rider or Blade would make a solid profit, I don't think we'd be seeing returns at the level of GOTG/CA:TWS. So, my idea would be to combine the two. Ghost Rider/Blade team-up movie! One or two other supernatural hero characters could also have cameo appearances.

Supernatural-oriented movies in Phase 4...
2019: Dr. Strange 2
2020: Blade/Ghost Rider team-up movie
2021: Midnight Sons (Dr. Strange, Blade, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight brought over from Netflix, etc.)

...2022 would bring Avengers 4 (The Coming of Galactus, if we're lucky) as usual, but that's a topic for another discussion.

EDIT: As an addendum, if they think Phase 4 is looking a little too supernatural heavy, maybe they could shift Midnight Sons to 2023 to kick off Phase 5 with a bang just like CA:CW is currently set to kick off Phase 3.

Why wouldn't they get their own solo movies Antman did!

Why wouldn't they get their own solo movies Antman did!
Ant-Man was something of a unique case. Ant-Man was conceptualized by Edgar Wright, who's been working on it since 2006. Prior to Iron Man and prior what we now know as the MCU. Feige went on record to say that the only reason they were doing Ant-Man at all was Edgar Wright. By the time he dropped out, they were too deep into production (just weeks away from filming) to turn back.

While Blade and Ghost Rider could definitely each be solo movies, I see certain advantages to doing it as a team-up movie.

1. Team-ups in the comics, team-ups on film. Marvel team-ups have long been a staple of the comics. It hasn't really been done on film... the closest was CA:TWS with Cap and Black Widow, but Cap was clearly the lead with Widow being a supporting role, albeit a substantial supporting role.

2. Limited slots. Three supernatural slots plus a possible fourth (Dr. Strange 2, Ghost Rider, Blade, possibly Midnight Sons) might be a bit much for Phase 4 when there are so many other characters that need sequels and/or introduction.

3. Risk mitigation. Many people (including some on this very thread) believe that the previous iterations of Blade and Ghost Rider might have received a somewhat ho-hum response from the general audience. While you might not be able to get the general audience super excited for individual Blade and Ghost Rider films (though at this point any MCU film generates a ton of excitement) I'm sure that general excitement factor/buzz would be much higher for a Ghost Rider/Blade team-up.

Like I said, don't get me wrong, I love both characters and would love to see either done "properly" in the MCU. It's just that, for the reasons I've enumerated, I think a team-up would be a safer, more practical bet for Marvel.

Yes team ups generally have a bigger impact that solo movies but that does not mean solo movies are not needed, take the avengers they all had solo movies first, as for Blade he will get people super excited as it has alot of followers from the Snipes era as the 1st and too a lesser extent the second movie were good movies.

Ghost rider is different but I would first introduce him in Dr Strange, and not a bit part a fairly substantial supporting role in the movie before a solo movie or just have him in Dr Strange and then Midnight Sons (I would even say put him in the Avengers as a supporting villain, he is being manipulated to hunt down the guilty Avengers members such as the Winter Soldier when he becomes cap or Black widow).

Yeah, I'd love to see the Strange series build towards a Midnight Sons movie. Posted this in the Blaze/Ketch thread:

Johnny Blaze: Josh Holloway
Danny Ketch/GR: Garret Hedlund
Morbius: Finn Wittrock
Jennifer Kale: Andrea Riseborough
Blade: Nate Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"