G.I. Joe Movie Cobra Commander AKA The Doctor

The Mindbender cameo thing is separate from The Doctor. The Doctor = Cobra Commander = JGL.

Cuz you took a knife and carved it in? Does he also wear slacks?

Let me guess, your also one of those people that when they made Hellblazer, said that a brown/tan trench coat wouldn't/dosen't look good on film. (Y'know, regardless of the fact that Ford wore one in Blade Runner and it looks good.....:whatever:)

Um, no.....and no. My vintage Snake Eyes clearly has a "mouth". I've googled pics but wasn't able to find any large enough to show.

As for Hellblazer.....never heard nor saw it.

The Doctor is indeed going to become Cobra Commander. Mindbender is another character entirely, though JGL's character has a few elements similar to him.

Last edited:
The Doctor is indeed going to become Cobra Commander. Mindbender is another character entirely, though JGL's character has a few elements similar to him.

Makes sense. He'd have to have a hand in things to start building his little army. I'm cool with this.

OK, to clear this up:

Duke and Ripcord are in a special forces unit with Rex Lewis. Duke is engaged to Rex's sister Ana. Later on a mission, they are sent, I think to take out a scientist who is producing something for an unknown (that I recall) enemy.

Duke and Ripcord cover him. Rex goes into the WMD facility. The scientists, presumably played by Kevin J O'Connor, is there, and accepts his fate, and reveals that the US government hired him to create the nano technology. Rex hesitates, and is fascinated by what he is working on. The scientist offers to share what he knows with Rex if he lets him live. rex agrees, disgusted by the realization his superiors lied to him, and tries to help him escape, but the airstrike called in to take the place out in five minutes (Duke told him to get out in four) comes much earlier than they wanted, and levels the place. Rex is assumed dead.

Ana and Duke break up at Rex's funeral, Ana disappears. Duke is devastated he essentially goes AWOL for a time.

Cut to the present. The Doctor works for McCullen/Destro, using the nano-technology for diverse purposes such as Zartan's disguises, mind control, and deactivating the parts of the brain that allow pain, fear, and remorse for the Neo-Vipers. Ana is involved with McCullen, and has married the French Baron DeCobray to weaponize the nano-mites. She divorces him after he does this for her. Duke is captured, and the Doctor pulls down his mask to reveal a badly scarred Rex. The scientist (KJOC) was actually killed in the bombing. I think we're supposed to believe, based on the pictures, that the doctor is actually the scientist at first. Rex reveals he experimented with the nanos on himself and damaged his lungs and vocal cords (this is the one bit in the script I found truly ******ed), so he needs that breath mask.

Ana doesn't know who he is, and he has her under mind control, having decided to give her a new life to deal with the pain.

At the end, Ana is captured, McCullen is injured, and when the Doctor is using the nanos to heal him (this is when he gets the Destro mask), he puts him under his control and tells Destro to call him "commander."

So CC is a field medic/scientist named Rex Lewis aka the Doctor whose sister is the American Baroness. A slight modification to the final scene could undo this in JoBlo isn't blowing smoke, with Rex calling the real CC after putting Destro under mind control, but based on the script- it's the Doctor

OK, to clear this up:

Duke and Ripcord are in a special forces unit with Rex Lewis. Duke is engaged to Rex's sister Ana. Later on a mission, they are sent, I think to take out a scientist who is producing something for an unknown (that I recall) enemy.

Duke and Ripcord cover him. Rex goes into the WMD facility. The scientists, presumably played by Kevin J O'Connor, is there, and accepts his fate, and reveals that the US government hired him to create the nano technology. Rex hesitates, and is fascinated by what he is working on. The scientist offers to share what he knows with Rex if he lets him live. rex agrees, disgusted by the realization his superiors lied to him, and tries to help him escape, but the airstrike called in to take the place out in five minutes (Duke told him to get out in four) comes much earlier than they wanted, and levels the place. Rex is assumed dead.

Ana and Duke break up at Rex's funeral, Ana disappears. Duke is devastated he essentially goes AWOL for a time.

Cut to the present. The Doctor works for McCullen/Destro, using the nano-technology for diverse purposes such as Zartan's disguises, mind control, and deactivating the parts of the brain that allow pain, fear, and remorse for the Neo-Vipers. Ana is involved with McCullen, and has married the French Baron DeCobray to weaponize the nano-mites. She divorces him after he does this for her. Duke is captured, and the Doctor pulls down his mask to reveal a badly scarred Rex. The scientist (KJOC) was actually killed in the bombing. I think we're supposed to believe, based on the pictures, that the doctor is actually the scientist at first. Rex reveals he experimented with the nanos on himself and damaged his lungs and vocal cords (this is the one bit in the script I found truly ******ed), so he needs that breath mask.

Ana doesn't know who he is, and he has her under mind control, having decided to give her a new life to deal with the pain.

At the end, Ana is captured, McCullen is injured, and when the Doctor is using the nanos to heal him (this is when he gets the Destro mask), he puts him under his control and tells Destro to call him "commander."

So CC is a field medic/scientist named Rex Lewis aka the Doctor whose sister is the American Baroness. A slight modification to the final scene could undo this in JoBlo isn't blowing smoke, with Rex calling the real CC after putting Destro under mind control, but based on the script- it's the Doctor

Okay. That makes sense. Thanks.

:facepalm You know, these are the stereotypes we fanboys get and you're proving them right.

I want the campy 80's style cartoon in live action form!

I want Tomax and Xamot, Serpentor, Cobra BATS........ on and on!

[BLACKOUT]Actually I am only kidding. So far what I have seen just seems like it will add up to a bad movie. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it.[/BLACKOUT]

I am just growing tired of this "They're saving "it" for the sequel!" logic.

It seems quite pompous to me. What if there is no sequel? There's a significant possibility this movie will tank, leaving us only with "The Rise of Cobra" and...no Cobra.

I don't care that much about Joe, so I'm not that worried. It's just something I'm tired of hearing. Like the talk of "You'll see Galactus in the Surfer movie, don't worry." Well, I'm betting there's not gonna be a SS movie after all, and I wasted $9.00 watching the terrible FF2.

There's something in the movie that very much resembles a smaller scale Cobra. Think if Cobra was like an evil black ops, but not worldwide yet. They have a lot of cool vehicles, secret hideouts, the works.

Last edited:
What if there is no sequel? There's a significant possibility this movie will tank, leaving us only with "The Rise of Cobra" and...no Cobra.

Agreed. That's what I've always hated about the "laying the groundwork" 1st film scenario. Just drop us into the action. No one will care about the back story if the story you're telling isn't compelling.

I could kind of deal with it but the problem is I'm not sure about the story they've gone with here. Especially the route with CC.

I'm not sure why you can't see Cobra fully emerge over the course of the second and third act.

I dont like the idea of Cobra Commander using Mind Control for everyone to follow his leadership.

They should just follow him because he has that "It" factor that a charismatic dictator has.

If that "Mind Control" is soo potent then why not use it to G.I.JOE and all of his ememies so they would obey him like the mind controlled Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow, Zartan and the Viper army??

So "The Doctor" pretty much just gets lured to the Dark Shide and becomes evil? thats pretty cliche.

All great reasons why this movie franchise sucks balls :woot:

I have to say, given some of the action figures Hasbro came out with, "The Doctor" isn't really that far out there. If that is in fact Cobra Commander, then it's just weird. But then again, there was those episodes where Cobra Commander was turned into a snake, so.

I'm not sure your suggestion of having a black man play a Nazi with no skin on his face, doesn't exactly, not, suck balls.

I have to say, this whole "fanboy" mentality is the exact reason a film critic does not get to review a film until it's completed.

And you're ******ed. Suggesting a black actor to play a white German indicates that normally you're dumb enough to not have a problem with a character that has an origin similar to CC's new one. You're part of the smaller group of fans that producers are aware of and choose to ignore because nothing would please you. TVO makes good points. You don't.

But your limited intellect means you can only judge an adaptation by it's faithfulness to the source material, not the actual quality. Those aren't the same thing. A faithful movie can be bad and vice versa.

Put it this way- the Doctor, as written, would be a pretty good character to include in GI Joe canon, if you remove his ties to the Baroness and not have him be CC.

Last edited:
I'm not sure your suggestion of having a black man play a Nazi with no skin on his face, doesn't exactly, not, suck balls.

And you're ******ed. Suggesting a black actor to play a white German indicates that normally you're dumb enough to not have a problem with a character that has an origin similar to CC's new one. You're part of the smaller group of fans that producers are aware of and choose to ignore because nothing would please you. TVO makes good points. You don't.

But your limited intellect means you can only judge an adaptation by it's faithfulness to the source material, not the actual quality. Those aren't the same thing. A faithful movie can be bad and vice versa.

It's called a joke. If you have seen The Spirit then you know that Sam Jackson dances around in fullon nazi wardrobe, goosesteping and all. Would I ACTUALLY want Jackson as Red Skull? Hell no, clearly the role should be played by Hasselhoff.

And Earl, arent you the same guy who loved WANTED?

Put it this way- the Doctor, as written, would be a pretty good character to include in GI Joe canon, if you remove his ties to the Baroness and not have him be CC.

Yeah he's called Dr. Mindbender :woot:

Ok Im really confused as to how this "Doctor" is supposed to be CC and yet the idea of maybe/eventually talks of having the actual Doctor Mindbender character in there as well too. I know the doctor is really IS going to be CC but:huh:

Monocle - check
Doctor- check
Experiments in MIND control- check

How is that NOT Doctor Mindbender.

And what about the whole origin of CC coming from the Cobra-La to start Cobra. I know its hollywood but wished they would get just a FEW parts right.

We can all hope this isnt going to be a bomb but its not looking good.

Just my 2 cents:oldrazz:

Whoa, K.B. i said it was pretty cliche, that doesn't mean it will suck. i'm looking forward to the movie.

It's called a joke. If you have seen The Spirit then you know that Sam Jackson dances around in fullon nazi wardrobe, goosesteping and all. Would I ACTUALLY want Jackson as Red Skull? Hell no, clearly the role should be played by Hasselhoff.

And Earl, arent you the same guy who loved WANTED?

Nope. Always thought it looked like crap, so I never saw it. I've never even spoken of it here that I recall.

If I remember correctly, Dr. Mindbender is sort of his "mentor" in the script, isn't he?

Its basically a bait and switch ala a comic book movie that came out in 2005 that had everyone going for a little while before the script leak blew the lid off it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"