Giant Centipede eats Mouse

Prognosticator said:
...Furthermore, it would be no different if they ran into each other in the wild.

Why would they meet in nature? Didn't the mouse try to run away and they just pushed him into the centipede.

Okay, okay, I watched both of the videos again and my friend and I were creeped out of our minds! Good grief! And I didn't appreciate the "death game" b/w Black Centipede/mouse in the second video so there...

Prognosticator said:
I want you to be joking but I have a feeling you're not:(

First of all, a centipede isn't an animal. Second, mice just like the one in the video are "thrown to the lions" everyday in laboratories to help solve scientific problems like Cancer, hearing loss, genetic disorders, cell-regeneration and many many other important human causes...so seriously, I hope you're joking!
First of all... centipede's come from the animal kingdom. When I said that the people who do this should be thrown into an arena full of anacondas... I wasn't referring to doctors. I was talking about the little teenagers who think it's cool to buy mice and come home and feed it to their snake or whatever animal that may be... and tape it. I have seen plenty of these things before and it pisses me off to see people take joy in watching something get killed.

Obviously I found myself rooting for the doomed mouse, but the sheer SIZE of the centipede makes the video a "must-view!"

I couldn't watch it. That things leg's freak me out....:o

Prognosticator said:
I want you to be joking but I have a feeling you're not:(

First of all, a centipede isn't an animal. Second, mice just like the one in the video are "thrown to the lions" everyday in laboratories to help solve scientific problems like Cancer, hearing loss, genetic disorders, cell-regeneration and many many other important human causes...so seriously, I hope you're joking!

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Class: Chilopoda
Order: Scolopendromorpha
Family: Scolopendridae
Genus: Scolopendra
Species: S. gigantea
They are animals.

Slipknot said:
First of all... centipede's come from the animal kingdom. When I said that they should be thrown into an arena full of anacondas I wasn't referring to doctors you jackass. I was talking about the little teenagers who think it's cool to buy mice and come home and feed it to their snake or whatever animal that may be... and tape it. I have seen plenty of these things before and it pisses me off to see people take joy in watching something get killed.

Whoa, whoa! Obviously you were going somewhere mentally that I wasn't so no problem. How would I know you were refering to teens?!?!? Whatever, no big deal:spidey:

Prognosticator said:
Whoa, whoa! Obviously you were going somewhere mentally that I wasn't so no problem. How would I know you were refering to teens?!?!? Whatever, no big deal:spidey:
Because if you watched the video... who else would tape something like that? Grown adults? If it was adults taping it... they deserve the same fate as the mice. I hate when they tape stuff like that and laugh.

Slipknot said:
Because if you watched the video... who else would tape something like that? Grown adults? If it was adults taping it... they deserve the same fate as the mice. I hate when they tape stuff like that and laugh.

I don't know if they were teens or adults, but they were speaking Spanish and mice and large ANIMALS like centipedes run rampant in south/central american countries...

And I don't think it's that big deal. Mice aren't particularly intelligent, and a natural predator eating is not, IMO, a travesty. People, even if they enjoy doing that, deserve more respect than that. It seems to me equating mice with people is kind of off.

And of course centipedes are animals. I though everyone knew that insects were animals. Unless you meant mammal, which I can see.

No offense to anyone. Just saying.

I don't know why I can't stop watching this.

Slipknot said:
Yeah... anyone who throws a live animal into a tank to have another type of animal kill it should be thrown into an arena with a giant anaconda waiting for them.
Crybaby.jpg

Holy ****! That's a big ****ing bug. I will personally get a new york sewer rat to kill this centipede

I'm not bold enough to look.

On a scale of 1-10 how revolting is it?Also,is it more revolting than horrifying or vice versa?:confused:

Leto Atrides said:
And I don't think it's that big deal. Mice aren't particularly intelligent, and a natural predator eating is not, IMO, a travesty. People, even if they enjoy doing that, deserve more respect than that. It seems to me equating mice with people is kind of off.
Do you think centipedes are particularly intelligent? I don't think watching an innocent animal die in a gruesome way is right. For a teenager/adult to sit there and feed the mouse to centipede while living is sick. You know that you can buy dead mice to feed to your pet right? It's beyond me why you would have a pet centipede in the first place... but yeah. In nature... a mouse probably wouldn't meet a centipede. This isn't like out in the wild... the mouse tried to run away in the video and the mouse was clearly faster than the centipede... it's just that the damn humans kept pushing it back towards the centipede and it was enclosed in a glass case. People who do this are sick in one way or another... buy dead animals to feed your god damn pets. Ugh.

Abaddon said:

On a scale of 1-10 how revolting is it?Also,is it more revolting than horrifying or vice versa?:confused:

You'll dig your eyes out with a spoon with terror.

Slipknot said:
Hey Man-Thing... how's hickville? Doing well? NASCAR going over well? That's good.

Well, atleast the grass is greener than crybabyville.:up:

Man-Thing said:
Well, atleast the grass is greener than crybabyville.:up:
Clever. Now go kiss your baby centipede goodnight.

Slipknot said:
Do you think centipedes are particularly intelligent? I don't think watching an innocent animal die in a gruesome way is right. For a teenager/adult to sit there and feed the mouse to centipede while living is sick. You know that you can buy dead mice to feed to your pet right? It's beyond me why you would have a pet centipede in the first place... but yeah. In nature... a mouse probably wouldn't meet a centipede. This isn't like out in the wild... the mouse tried to run away in the video and the mouse was clearly faster than the centipede... it's just that the damn humans kept pushing it back towards the centipede and it was enclosed in a glass case. People who do this are sick in one way or another... buy dead animals to feed your god damn pets. Ugh.

I meant the mice are not intelligent, so it's not as big a deal if they die as say, an ape or a pig or something. I didn't mean the centipede is mentally superior. The mouse might be able to get away, but it happens to some extent in the wild. It's not that easy for them, but they do eat small mammals in the wild.

Getting pleasure out of this does indicate they are pretty sick, but I don't think being sick merits getting the same treatment as the mouse.

You seem to feel for animals more than me though, so we're of two minds on the situation.

Abaddon said:

It's freaking out of control!!! The second video on the youtube site is even more graphic!!! There is a total "stalking segment" by the black centipede, followed by a forced slight-of-hand, in this case the quill of a man! (Shivers!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"