• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Glenn Close is Albert Nobbs

Heisenberg

I Am The Danger
Reaction score
Could've sworn I've seen a thread for this, but search brings up nothing.

A witty Irish-set period drama about the lives of staff at Dublin’s most luxurious hotel: the illegitimate child of a maid, a beautiful couple’s impossible love, and Albert…a woman who pretends to be a man to survive. Nineteenth century Ireland: for a woman to be independent and single, she must deceive everyone – by pretending to be a man. Albert, a shy butler who keeps to himself, has been hiding a deep secret for years – “he” is a woman who has had to behave as a man all her life in order to escape a life of poverty and loneliness. When a handsome painter Hubert Page arrives at the hotel, Albert is inspired to try and escape the false life she has created for herself. She gathers her nerve to court beautiful, saucy young maid Helen in whom she thinks she’s found a companion – but Helen’s eye is on a new arrival: handsome, bad-boy Joe, the new handy-man. As Albert dares to hope that she might one day live a normal life, we catch a glimpse of a free-spirited woman who is caught in the wrong time… Stars Glenn Close.

74bpt.jpg

Hl7JN.jpg

mbfW2.jpg

Freaky.

Glenn has a face where its easy to make her look like a man.

Funny that you mention Robin Williams... she played a man in her cameo in Hook also. She was the fellow who got tossed into the "boo box." :funny:

Finally this movie is coming to my town tomorrow..

I don't have high expectations, but I'll watch just to see Close and Gleeson..

Heh, they filmed a lot of this at my college.

The director harassed me for getting in his way when I was headed to class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"