• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World Glenn Ford passes away

I always thought he deserved the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for "Superman: The Movie". He was truly superb as Jonathan Kent. A darn good actor, for sure, and a good guy to boot!

Sad news indeed. A fine actor.

I saw him recently in Blackboard Jungle. A great actor, and he was pure heart in Superman '78. His speech about things getting a lot clearer when you get older was truly moving. A sad day indeed.

He will be missed. Wonderful actor and really made you in Jonathan Kent and why Superman was who he was. RIP

Rest In Peace Mr. Ford, my prayers go out to the family.

Yeah saw another post about it, sad.

RIP Mr Ford

wow I just watched Superman: 78 the other day, I didnt even know mr Ford was still arround :csad:

Here is one of my fave quotes from him in the movie taken from www.imdb.com ;)

Jonathan Kent: [after Clark has beaten Brad's car to the Kent farmhouse... by RUNNING!] Been showing off a bit, haven't you, son?
Young Clark Kent: ...Oh, I didn't mean to show off, Pop. It's just that... well, guys like that Brad, I just wanna... well, I know I shouldn't, but...
Jonathan Kent: I know. You can do all these amazing things, and sometimes you think that you will BURST WIDE OPEN unless you can tell someone about it, don't you?... There's one thing I know for sure, son. And that is, YOU ARE HERE FOR A REASON. I don't know what it is, exactly, but I do know this much: it's NOT to score touchdowns.

He was one of the best cast members of that movie, and will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"