Blade
Austin Powers
Elf
Lord of the Rings

Come on, nooooooo!!!

oh dear

now we cant see freddy finish them off

freddcopyrp6.jpg

Blame Golden Compass for flopping. It was the staw that broke the camel's back.

It hardly flopped. Look at international proceeds. I'm actually surprised to read New Line would sell off international distribution rights after trends set by Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter make it clear that fantasy films, particularly those with a more pronounced British component, do much better outside of North America than inside. I just don't get why they'd do that. I'd be selling of North American distribution before ditching the safe bet if I was that hard up for capital.

At least maybe now we'll actually get The Hobbit since WB doesn't have much track record for stiffing people of their money.

Well New Line might have been tangling with Jackson and the Tolkien estate over revenue, but then compare New Line and Warner Brothers over DVD content for the end user and I'm left looking at the various WB titles that leave me feeling "stiffed" by them instead. ;)

270 million for a international gross is just horrible are you kidding me? That is what movies like The Golden Compass should be making In-state.

Aw, all those old school Ninja Turtle movies...that's the only reason I remembered New Line Cinema when I was a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"