The Hobbit!!!!!!!

silver_arrow

Civilian
Reaction score
heheh, old news but I'm just interested in your opinion about why the Hobbit should or shouldn't be made into a movie. Here's the news

The Hobbit

We are very encouraged by Mr. Shaye's letter and feel that New Line Cinema has the best intentions of the fans at heart when the time comes to make The Hobbit a reality. And its pretty darn cool that Mr. Shaye sees Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh as critical to the success of bringing our favorite The Lord of the Rings prequel to the big screen.

I don't think you used enough exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

It's a logical step. It should be made. I loved the LOTR books and loved the movies even more and I'd like it if the Hobbit would have been made.

I'm gonna go right ahead and assume that Ian Holm won't be in it.

The movie should be made and Peter Jackson should be allowed to do it. The book is short enough to where they won’t have to take any liberties in its film adaptation. Too bad greed, litigation and Hollywood have to get in the way of potentially good movies that people genuinely want to see.

Oh but you can be there will be a Snakes on a Plane 2… staring Ice Cube! :rolleyes:

Snakes on a Plane is the most importnat piece of cinema that has ever existed. never mock it again.

Darthphere said:
Snakes on a Plane is the most importnat piece of cinema that has ever existed. never mock it again.

LOL!

it's true though. The message in that film will affect the entire world and change history forever.

William15 said:
It's a logical step. It should be made. I loved the LOTR books and loved the movies even more and I'd like it if the Hobbit would have been made.

I love both the books and the movies too. I really love the Hobbit to be made, but I'd like for Peter to take some liberties changing some stuff in it. One is, of course, by inserting Legolas. For Pete's sake, it's Mirkwood. He should be there with his father.

silver_arrow said:
I love both the books and the movies too. I really love the Hobbit to be made, but I'd like for Peter to take some liberties changing some stuff in it. One is, of course, by inserting Legolas. For Pete's sake, it's Mirkwood. He should be there with his father.

Sounds good to me!:)

The Hobbit,is that about the Hobbit from Lord of the Rings?

it's about Bilbo, Frodo's uncle who had the ring at the beginning of LOTR...it's essentially about how he gets the ring, but has some really cool stuff in it to that makes it great unto itself, like the war of three armies and such

I am DYING to see Smog brought to life on the big screen with today's technology. :up:

jag

Only one movie would be needed. There's really only one big battle while there were several in the LOTR series, and battles take up the most time in movies.

The Joker said:
it's about Bilbo, Frodo's uncle who had the ring at the beginning of LOTR...it's essentially about how he gets the ring, but has some really cool stuff in it to that makes it great unto itself, like the war of three armies and such

5 armies

Ian McKellen MUST return as Gandalf.

Andy Serkis MUST return as Gollum.

Hugo Weaving MUST return as Elrond.

I would love to see it made. It brings back memories,I staged managed the play in junior hs. Takes me back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"