Gotham Gotham Season 5 Episode 8 - "Nothing Shocking"

Arachnerd

The White Portuguese
Reaction score
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28

BULLOCK'S PAST COMES BACK TO HAUNT HIM ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 28, ON FOX

Bullock's past comes back to haunt him when he and Gordon investigate two murders at Sirens. Meanwhile, Bruce and Alfred explore the tunnels beneath the city, and Penguin and Nygma's plans to escape are thwarted by the least likely of suspects in the all-new "Nothing's Shocking" episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, Feb. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-511) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock, Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Sean Pertwee as Alfred Pennyworth, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/The Riddler, Chris Chalk as Lucius Fox

Guest Cast: Dan Hedaya as Dix

Listings - GOTHAM on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com

This is the new episode 8, while I Am Bane has been moved further down the line. @ironman29758 you might want to change the title of that thread for the time being.

Promo photos for Nothing Shocking:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

They're bringing
Penn back as the Ventriloquist, holy s***.

Guess we're getting some Killer Croc tonight.

I really enjoyed this episode! The storylines with Bullock/Jane and Oswald/Nygma/Penn/Scarface were great!

Bummed out Scarface is dead!

The story with Alfred/Bruce had its moments, but could have been better.

Last edited:
Well, the episode certainly lived up to its name.

Ed and Oswald are always great together!

The actor playing Penn was the perfect person to play the Ventriloquist. I am thinking the writers know the show is ending and just are trying to throw some Bat villains (Scarface, Magpie, etc) in for fan service...

Time to add Ventriloquist's death into the "What the f*** were you thinking, Gotham?" pile.

Jesus freaking Christ.

Yeah. Both Penguin and Riddler were responsible for the deaths of Magpie, Ventriloquist, and Scarface. Maybe the true threat to Batman's villains is Penguin and Riddler instead of Batman.

Also I see that the season originally had 10 episodes and this episode and the upcoming one were filmed after the season was expanded to 12 episodes. Explains why this episode felt a bit like a filler episode and guess the next episode will too. Among the three plots in the episode with Gordon and Bullock, Penguin and Riddler, and Bruce and Alfred, I thought the best one was the Gordon and Bullock one.

I guess the Jane Doe plot with the killer wearing a mask and seeing herself as a monster, even though she looks completely fine was a reference to this TAS episode.

Also I see that the season originally had 10 episodes and this episode and the upcoming one were filmed after the season was expanded to 12 episodes. Explains why this episode felt a bit like a filler episode and guess the next episode will too. Among the three plots in the episode with Gordon and Bullock, Penguin and Riddler, and Bruce and Alfred, I thought the best one was the Gordon and Bullock one.

I fully agree about the filler part because other than lip service about reunification, this didn't really advance the overall plot forward. The stuff with Bruce and Alfred did sort of follow-up on Jeremiah's toxins, but other than that, the stuff with Jim and Harvey, while character-building, didn't progress things. So yeah, this really did have a filler vibe to it.

The Killer Croc stuff with Bruce and Alfred was undercooked but I enjoyed the Bullock storyline, plus Scarface was great, shame they killed him off straight away. A lot of Bat villain goodies stuffed into this ep.

I guess the Jane Doe plot with the killer wearing a mask and seeing herself as a monster, even though she looks completely fine was a reference to this TAS episode.

Interesting, the design in the show was similar to Mother earlier in the season.

I haven't seen this episode...yet. Should I? Is it very important to the overall arc of the show, or just skippable?

Mostly skippable, but I would watch for the Ventriloquist at least.

With the exception of the character's last scene which is just one of the many reasons why I find this show frustrating as much as enjoyable.

I liked the episode. Really surprised we got the Ventriloquist after they said he wouldn't be on the show.

I figure it's kinda like Smallville at this point where they're just burning through as many Batman villains as possible. Even if I don't like or care for their version, at least it gives us a chance to see some version of it since we never know if/when we will ever see them outside of another cartoon film/show or live-action film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"