Batman Begins Goyer: Ras based on Osama Bin Laden

AdmNelson said:
Uh... what?

Ra's al Ghul's first appearance was Batman #232, June 1971. Osama Bin Laden was born in July of 1957. He was hardly "in diapers" at age 14.

However, the character of Ra's was definitely established as "evil" at the time that Bin Laden was a callow teenage youth, running around on vacation in Switzerland with his extended (and rich) family.

-- Admiral Nelson
You are totally right, my friend. I saw some photos a few years ago that can prove that.

man, i hope there is going to be a thread poll on whos better: ras or osama? :o

I think Goyer just meant in how they appraoched Ra's in a REALISTIC way......and they drew some inspiration from Bin Laden.....sort of how THEY think they're helping the world......when in fact, they're the worst scum on the planet.

blind_fury said:
Goyer proved he was a hack with Blade:Trinity.

He probably noticed Ras and Bin Laden were both terrorist masterminds and figured he discovered some ingenius metaphor. Dumbass.

ha ha ha...its funny because its true.

LastSunrise1981 said:
He's a hack as far as directing is concerned, but as a writer he's pretty good and has come up with interesting concepts.

Blade: Trinty would've been better with the right director.

goyers writing is real hit and miss. he does fine when he's kept in check by good directors and producers. but when you let him loose he can be pretty bad.

and no director that has ever existed could have made blade trinity good with the script goyer wrote. it would have taken f**king sergio leone to bring the movie up from mind numbingly god awful to dreadfully bad (which would be quite the accomplishment given the script). trinity was complete and utter trash on every level, a perfect example of what NOT to do when making a film.

Maybe Napoleon Dynamite can hunt down Osama -- since the CIA, FBI, Marines, Navy, Air Force, snipers, mercenaries, drones & various other military from around the world cannot in FIVE YEARS!! I think he could do it!

http://www.Wanted-OsamaBinLaden.com

The Question said:
Ra's was created when Bin Laden was in diapers. Goyer is acting like he though him up.

Your name used to be lupus:confused:

hey yo its sean said:
I'd like you to show me where in that passage Goyer even remotely implied that he had created the character.
"We modelled him after Osama bin Laden"
To say you've "modelled" a character on anyone implies that you had something to do with creating him.

Well, Goyer did effectively create the movie-version of Ra's al Ghul of which he speaks.

RasCastro.jpg

El Payaso said:

"I wasn't always here in the mountains." Heck no! You were bringing Kruschev's missiles to Havana! Wow, if Liam Neeson were a bit heavier...

Theres similarities with the league of shadows and MANY beliefs. The part that makes it look like a terrorist would be humans acting these things out. Most religions have similar doctrines, but God does them.

XCharlieX said:
Theres similarities with the league of shadows and MANY beliefs. The part that makes it look like a terrorist would be humans acting these things out. Most religions have similar doctrines, but God does them.

*applausses*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"