Graceland

This last episode was the first time I found myself really annoyed with Mike's behavior. Not that I thought he was some sort of saint or anything before 'Tinker Bell', I just found it a lot easier to defend his actions or general attitude toward the other agents.

I couldn't do so in last night's episode, however. Mike came off so damn condescending and a bit pompous. If Mike weren't being such a ****, I'd be able to enjoy him and Paige shacking up, but as it stands, I'm uninterested.

I was a bit bummed to see Bates go. It seemed like he was a stand up guy, and at the very least, not a complete loose cannon like Jakes. But I suppose in order to make this show work, you gotta have a loose cannon, and Jakes plays that role very well. Self-destructive, despondent, apathetic, and loyal to a fault, at least when it comes to Briggs. I do wonder if the time will ever come when Johnny gets to haul off and knock Jakes through a wall or something. This is now two times that Jakes has assaulted Johnny. Both times he was sucker punched. Well, this time he was sucker head-butted.

I'm glad Johnny's getting his time to shine, but immediately, I'm seeing parallels to the Belo storyline last season. Hopefully they take this in a different direction, or at the very least, kick it up a notch or two. I don't wanna see a rehash of the same storyline with a Hispanic villain in place of an African one.

Mike is really an ******* that pretty much uses people to get where he needs. He's pretty full of himself now, and you can tell that he sees everyone else besides Briggs as beneath him. It makes for something interesting with his character.

I'm glad that they're giving Johnny stuff to do. He's probably my favorite character so far in the whole series.

It's funny how Aaron Tveit was kind of my main draw to this show, and now I borderline hate Mike at this point. Nice to see Johnny get some focus.

Tveit's talented as hell... I went from loving Mike last season, to being somewhat indifferent to him.

Unless the show is pulling a swerve I can't see both Jakes and Johnny making it through this season, they both seem so close to the edge in different ways.

It was cool seeing Briggs and Charlie pulling off that sting together to get Kelly the money, but I think it's going to blow up in their faces and Briggs is going to end up getti8ng too close to Kelly, that dream he had where he dug himself up in the desert was awesome.

I'm enjoying this season, in the first season it was very much the Briggs & Mike show with Charlie a close 3rd, but this season Paige and Johnny have really stepped into more central roles and it feels more expansive right now.

Unless the show is pulling a swerve I can't see both Jakes and Johnny making it through this season, they both seem so close to the edge in different ways.

It was cool seeing Briggs and Charlie pulling off that sting together to get Kelly the money, but I think it's going to blow up in their faces and Briggs is going to end up getti8ng too close to Kelly, that dream he had where he dug himself up in the desert was awesome.

I'm enjoying this season, in the first season it was very much the Briggs & Mike show with Charlie a close 3rd, but this season Paige and Johnny have really stepped into more central roles and it feels more expansive right now.

Oh you just know that someone is going to find out about the money Mrs. Padillo got. Some bureaucrat is going to figure it out, and then he or she will come calling to Graceland, and Charlie and Briggs will have to end up digging themselves even further into the Bonnie and Clyde situation. It's then that the tape of Briggs killing Juan is going to come up, and it could force things into him revealing that he's Odin and one of them offing each other. At least that's how I think it will go.

As for Johnny, I think that crime lord he's trying to get in good with will try to make a move on him. The way he was looking at Johnny when he made him watch makes me think that he's into him that way, and that's going to test Johnny a bit. I don't think Johnny's bi, so it would be a major test for him to get it on with a guy if he wants to make the biggest bust of his career. I just hope that he doesn't die. Johnny is too likable to die.

Oh you just know that someone is going to find out about the money Mrs. Padillo got. Some bureaucrat is going to figure it out, and then he or she will come calling to Graceland, and Charlie and Briggs will have to end up digging themselves even further into the Bonnie and Clyde situation. It's then that the tape of Briggs killing Juan is going to come up, and it could force things into him revealing that he's Odin and one of them offing each other. At least that's how I think it will go.

As for Johnny, I think that crime lord he's trying to get in good with will try to make a move on him. The way he was looking at Johnny when he made him watch makes me think that he's into him that way, and that's going to test Johnny a bit. I don't think Johnny's bi, so it would be a major test for him to get it on with a guy if he wants to make the biggest bust of his career. I just hope that he doesn't die. Johnny is too likable to die.

I definitely think things will explode with Kelly finding out through some old FBI buddy of her husband who will start looking into Briggs, it's hard to see really how Briggs can dig himself out of this without dropping more bodies, but I don't see him killing Charlie or vice versa.

I got the same feeling about the guy having a thing for Johnny which is definitely going to be a massive challenge for him, I can't see Johnny going that far to get the job done but it will put a huge strain on him. I hope he doesn't die but maybe grow into a more mature agent through this experience, Jakes seems the best choice if they decide to off a character, maybe he can go out a hero.

I didn't see that scene between Carlito and Johnny that way at all. I saw it more like a power move. In wolf packs and prides of Lions, the alpha or big cat gets all the spoils of war. He gets first taste, and the last taste if he's so inclined. So, Johnny went over, charmed the ladies, and brought them back to Carlito, who then had to show Johnny just how low he is on the totem pole.

I think it seems a bit strange though... I can see what HR is saying. It feels a bit strange. He looked at him a bit like he wanted him to like have a four-way at first. It was highly unsettling.

Dale Jakes out here kissin' pro's like herpes isn't a legit threat. Also, taking parenting advice from a prostitute as well as inviting one upon a play date...

I got the same feeling about the guy having a thing for Johnny which is definitely going to be a massive challenge for him, I can't see Johnny going that far to get the job done but it will put a huge strain on him. I hope he doesn't die but maybe grow into a more mature agent through this experience, Jakes seems the best choice if they decide to off a character, maybe he can go out a hero.

Wow, I guess you guys were right. I did not see that coming! Of course I saw it as a possibility, but not one with a likely probability. This is very interesting though, a love triangle between Carlito, Johnny and Carlito's sister... Yikes. This season is definitely heating up. A lot of irons in the fire.

Interesting episode.So far this season Jakes has the best storyline imo.Briggs seems to be falling in the background most of this season so far.

Wow. Best episode so far of the season. Things are really heating up very well. Ole punk ass cops just had to ruin Jakes' groove.

Another excellent episode, Paige using Mike as her ho was suitable comeuppance for him I felt, but I liked that we saw some of the old Mike when he couldn't go through with it.

Johnny is in over his head, he came through in a very difficult situation but pretty much gave himself up immediately with the sister because he didn't want a hot girl to think he was gay and then got busted with bonergate. I mean Carlito said she would never hurt him, thus at some point she will expose Johnny's lies I think, in fact I thought that was going to be her on the phone when Carlito suddenly called off the pick-up.

Paige is in a really bad spot now and looking at next weeks promo she is really going to be put through the ringer. I love how her character has really developed in this arc and Serinda Swan has done a really good job making Paige as interesting and likable as Charlie.

I didn't see the hooker/son day out twist coming with Jakes, it's never dull with that guy for sure! :D

It'll be interesting to see where this mole plot will go, the looks from Mike's Washington squeeze when he brought it up points an obvious finger at her, but probably too obvious.

I'm never one for shows been edgy for the sake of it but between Johnny's predicament undercover and Paige swallowing the cocaine balloons this show is really going for it to show the intensity of the world these agents operate in, and it makes it very compelling and less comfortable than USA's other shows.

Wow, I guess you guys were right. I did not see that coming! Of course I saw it as a possibility, but not one with a likely probability. This is very interesting though, a love triangle between Carlito, Johnny and Carlito's sister... Yikes. This season is definitely heating up. A lot of irons in the fire.

They've been really bold this season, especially since it is only the second, I mean the Mike and Briggs bromance is virtually a non factor at this point, and Paige and Johnny feel as much the center of the story as anyone.

Yeah last season was mostly about Mike investigating Briggs and adapting to a double life so it made sense why those two characters were the main focus. But I'm glad Paige, Johnny, and Jakes are getting their due this season. It's a nice change of pace compared to last season where it was mostly Mike, Briggs, and Charlie put in these intense undercover situations. So yeah I'm still digging this show.

Tough episode this week, poor Paige hurt more from leaving the girl behind than her own ordeal, and both Mike and Briggs struggled with what they had to do, Mike's call was right but would Mike have made it a year ago?

The scenes near the end with Jakes/Paige and Briggs/Charlie were really well acted and brought home the emotional impact of the jobs they do.

Tough episode this week, poor Paige hurt more from leaving the girl behind than her own ordeal, and both Mike and Briggs struggled with what they had to do, Mike's call was right but would Mike have made it a year ago?

The scenes near the end with Jakes/Paige and Briggs/Charlie were really well acted and brought home the emotional impact of the jobs they do.

That last scene really was well acted between Paige and Jakes. It gave them a lot of depth to their characters and showed why they are in the job that they do. Through all the ******** they are there to save people above all, and the show did a great job of showing that without hammering it over your head.

This. ^^^

This show is going so hard. I felt so bad for Paige and Jakes look at her as she came in the house was heartbreaking. When they were talking you could see just how important and complicated their job makes their lives. I wasn't the biggest fan of Serinda Swan before these last couple eps. but she really has proven to be almost as interesting and flawed character as Charlie. I hope it keeps improving because this last one was :up:

The plot device used to get Johnny and the sister to his Mom's house was flimsy, I mean Solano is supposed to be a Cartel kingpin, I don't think low level chumps show up at his place like that.

On the plus side I like Briggs new undercover roie and the scene with Mike and Charlie in the bank was cool. I knew Paige was going to snap but damn that disgusting old creep deserved his beating, thankfully it hasn't jeopardized the operation.

Johnny is firmly at the top of the "Likely to be killed off" list right now while Jakes has broken free. Paige is making a late run though, her obsession over rescuing those girls is getting out of hand.

Things are going to crash in on Briggs soon I feel, he seems to be unsure of bringing down Sid and the guilt he has over Kelly Badillo is consuming him.

Charlie was just magnificent all over the screen this week.
beatheart.gif

Charlie's pregnant, Mike is going over the edge, Johnny is in danger of getting molested by Carlito or killed by his Dad and Briggs whole cover up is about to come crashing down on him, things are really ramping up for the season finale!

It's like they've all got together and made a concerted effort to screw their situations up bad enough to make Jakes look the healthiest of the group! :D

Mike got hit with the Three Stooges eye poke. lol

Paige and Briggs swerved Mike but it worked out for the best. Looking at the way the summer finale went down I think Briggs will be center stage in the second half of the season with his undercover role and that phone call at the end. It'll also be interesting to see if Paige digs deeper into Mike covering up that girls death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"