Grant Morrison's "The Green Lantern"

-JKR-

Superhero
Reaction score
In a forum dedicated to the world of superheroes, I can't believe that there isn't a thread about Grant Morrison's (and Liam Sharp's) ongoing The Green Lantern run!

dc-Comics_Gallery_20181107__GL_cover1_5be10d1eb3f152.20116592.jpg

We're talking about Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns AT THEIR BEST, and what is today's best ongoing mainstream superhero comic book run together with Al Ewing's "The Immortal Hulk" (it's 'easy being green these days, I guess).

Grant Morrison does what he does best here. Once again he's figured out what's been missing from modern comic books, has brought that particular sensibility and does something new and fresh with it.

I'm three issues in, and what's he's cooked up so far is simply incredible.

His focus is on the Green Lanterns as space cops (and Hal as their very best 'supercop'), and the result is kind of like an insane science-fiction version of "The Wire," mixed with "Lethal Weapon" and "Total Recall," blended through Grant Morrison's sensibilities and containing an infinite dose of love for the comic book and superhero world.

And Liam Sharp's artwork is just beautful (and dynamic)!

It's not far enough along for me to anoint it as an improvement over Venditti's HJ&TGLC run, but the art and character concepts are refreshing. It reminds me of the Heavy Metal mag with some of the bizarre aliens and intricate, bold backdrops. I can't wait to see Sharp draw John, Simon, and Jessica since they've already been mentioned in this run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"