Green Lantern or Green Lantern Corps

The irony is that that exact same scene from GL where Bruce and Hal get over things would've worked perfectly post-OYL. But no, Johns had to go and blow his load too soon.

Darthphere said:
Yeah, its just I hate how he was given a clean slate without having to face responsibility on anything. It was the fear demon, he made me do it. :down:

Green Lantern would have been a much better series if he retained responsibility. Especially since Rebirth pretty much made DeMattes' Spectre series worthless in terms of character developement.

TheCorpulent1 said:
The irony is that that exact same scene from GL where Bruce and Hal get over things would've worked perfectly post-OYL. But no, Johns had to go and blow his load too soon.

Yeah. After a year of Hal trying to regain peoples' trusts, I think Batman might be a bit more forgiving. But pre OYL? Way too soon.

TheCorpulent1 said:

Also, one of the more homosexual covers in comics.

37140510103.9.GIF

Definitely looks like some mouth-to-mouth action is just around the bend, if you interpret it the right way. ;)
The Question said:
Yeah. After a year of Hal trying to regain peoples' trusts, I think Batman might be a bit more forgiving. But pre OYL? Way too soon.
Not to mention the fact that Batman himself has retreated from the darkness a lot and is willing to give everyone second chances after all the crap his paranoia put the other heroes through. He did it with Bullock; why not with Hal, as well?

Yeah. That way, it makes a bit of sense.

Still, what makes me mad the most is how Rebirth basically told DeMattes' Spectre series to go **** itself. That series, I must say, kicked all kinds of ass, and really helped Hal become a more interesting character. Now, it's basically meaningless.

This new arc has potentital with Hal being on the run, but if the issues actually came out id be able to gauge them better. Also, Ion seems to have a similar plot.

I'm not too broken up about it. Hopefully Kyle will kick Hal's ass at least once.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I'm not too broken up about it. Hopefully Kyle will kick Hal's ass at least once.

Hopefully in the midst of battle Hal rips that thing off Kyle's face.

It's not there all the time. I wish they could've just gone all or nothing on the starfield look, though. Having it appear in just a mask form looks lame.

Yeah, its just I hate how he was given a clean slate without having to face responsibility on anything. It was the fear demon, he made me do it.

Therein lies my problem with the book. He should've stayed the spectre or moved on with his existence.

My problem with the ion book is merely more of a 1st impression. Yeah i can admit i was expecting a bunch of things in the 1st book and yes that is kind of unrealistic. I just like the character so much that i just wanted it all in 1 book.

Bullseye said:
Johns isn't writing this new Green Lantern Corps series so that's a no for me.
Johns actual writing on Green Lantern is a no for alot of people. :o

i just met Martin Nodell the creator of green lantern (allan scott) he's pretty damn old but i bought some original art from him...and he created the pilsbury douhboy if you believe that!

Corps is the best GL book out there right now. I don't know why I keep buying GL, maybe deep down inside I love Hal so much that I lie to myself about the book getting better? The 1 issue of Ion is much better then the Johns arc in GL IMO.

The Question said:
Yeah. That way, it makes a bit of sense.

Still, what makes me mad the most is how Rebirth basically told DeMattes' Spectre series to go **** itself. That series, I must say, kicked all kinds of ass, and really helped Hal become a more interesting character. Now, it's basically meaningless.
Where were you when I made a thread about Hal Jordan Spectre? :p I loved that series. Hal Jordan as the Spectre was great.

I guess I a missed it. But damn, that was a great book. Hal was a much more interesting character in that than he is now.

Yeah. There was one issue, however, that seemed odd to me. The one where he tried to kill Darksied but couldn't because Darksied was made up of so much evil that his death would have thrown the cosmic balance out of whack. That just seemed weird to me. Especially since he's destined to die locked in mortal combat with Orion in the firepits.

Well, some things were odd in general. Such as the Spectre-Prime stuff. The Spectre's powers hadn't ever shown to be that way. But that's really DeMatteis' schtick, considering he revamped Dr. Fate in a similar manner, giving it a totally new outlook.

Well, prophecies don't always end up as they are destined too, especially in comics. Even then, there are multiple solutions to it, such as Orion becoming evil after the defeat of his father (although we are shown in KC that although Apokalips would remain the same, Orion hadn't become inherently bad). Still had a lot of good stuff though, and with some phenomal artwork at times.

Yeah. It was a good series, so a few oddities can be forgiven.

Assassin said:
i just met Martin Nodell the creator of green lantern (allan scott) he's pretty damn old but i bought some original art from him...and he created the pilsbury douhboy if you believe that!
And Alan becomes about a thousand times cooler by association. :D

That's awesome. How'd you meet him?

So I guess everyoen is gonna get Corps.

Since I already started with #10, I'm gonna continue that as well. That ain't different from getting the Superman and Batman books which are in 3-4 each in numbers.

TheCorpulent1 said:
And Alan becomes about a thousand times cooler by association. :D

That's awesome. How'd you meet him?

Motor City Comic Con

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back