Green Lantern-The Movie

BROOD5050

Civilian
Reaction score
Now that a Green Lantern movie could possibly become a reality one day in the very near future, how should the effects, the look, and the sound of the film be handled?

The Constructs- Obviously a rooky Hal Jordan will be slow and sloppy with the Power Ring at first but, as his training progresses his ability with the ring will obviously become better. By the time the movie reaches the climactic battle, Hal’s constructs will be more defined. The effects should be done in a very fast paced style similar to the light saber duel between Darth Mull and Obi-Won in the Phantom Menace. The constructs must be done in rapid fire succession one after the other. Hal must counter Sintestro’s attacks leaving him mere seconds to react. We will understand why Sinestro is regarded as one of the best, giving Hal a run for his money. Hal should win the battle not by skill but by shear luck alone. This will leave us with an understanding just how powerful, and evil Sinestro is, and also see just how strong Hal’s will power is.

GL’s Flight- We’ve seen how Superman flies in the movies but, how will Green Lantern fly? Will he ride a solid green light? Will he float around in a green bubble? Will he teleport himself to and from? I would prefer to see him fly like Superman but, in the traditional iconic Green Lantern way……………………………………………………….. I just returned from a long vacation from Florida and I spent a lot of time swimming and diving down there. While swimming, I found myself imagining flying like Superman and Green Lantern underwater. I know it sounds stupid but just hear me out. Anyway, the water gave me a sense of flight and I was able to move fluidly with ease even with the dive gear on...................................... I think they will be able to achieve capturing Green Lantern’s iconic poses in mid flight by utilizing the motion capture technology under water. Just get some one like Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps to use as a model and BINGO…............................ GL will be flying like Superman but in a different and very distinctive Green Lantern style.

Green Energy- I prefer it done in the green flame style like in the classic Alan Scott versions instead of the green force field aura. The movie will obviously have lots of CGI and hopefully lots of practical effects.

Costume- I would like to see the current comic book version using the current Spiderman or Fantastic 4 movie fabric. The white gloves would probably look funky on screen so just make it green. They can get away with using the white gloves as part of the Green Lantern honor guard uniform. All Green Lanterns must wear it during funerals for fallen Lanterns. It makes sense considering white gloves are worn by military, police, and fire personnel for varying official functions.

Soundtrack- This movie has to get back to the basics. It needs a strong heroic theme music that defines the hero, the villain, and the story. It has to grab you and keep you in your seats. I always felt that most Marvel movies fell short because they did not have strong soundtracks. You rarely see a movie with strong music these days. My choice has to be none other than John Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"