Greatest Movie Vehicle of all Time - Nominations

1. T-70 X-wing
sfGGKep.gif

4. John Wick's 1969 Mustang Mach 1
Ma27TRg.gif
Those two derive half of their coolness based on nostalgia from these vastly superior originals:
T-65B X-Wing Starfighter, Star Wars 1977:
xwing-gif.gif

1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback, Bullitt 1968:
97bc0ae9d5ab729c796764f2befde247.gif

:oldrazz:

These two derive half of their coolness based on nostalgia for these vastly superior originals:
T-65B X-Wing Starfighter, Star Wars 1977:
xwing-gif.gif

1968 Ford Mustang GT Fastback, Bullitt 1968:
97bc0ae9d5ab729c796764f2befde247.gif

:oldrazz:
*Pushes up glasses*

Actually the T-70 X-wings were based off of Mcquarrie's original designs and the Mustang in Bullitt is an inferior 1968 Fastback model that no one with taste would want to buy. ;nd

*Pushes up glasses*

Actually the T-70 X-wings were based off of Mcquarrie's original designs and the Mustang in Bullitt is an inferior 1968 Fastback model that no one with taste would want to buy. ;nd

Yes, they were based off of McQuarrie's original sketches, but old school ILM added a little extra oomph to the wonderful T-65s. I would argue that they improved upon McQuarrie's original sketches as they did with many things.

Technical specs aside, the 1968 has Steve McQueen behind the wheel doing much of the stunt driving himself. Keanu is awesome and all, but he can't beat the McQueen:
tenor.gif

Yes, they were based off of McQuarrie's original sketches, but old school ILM added a little extra oomph to the wonderful T-65s. I would argue that they improved upon McQuarrie's original sketches as they did with many things.

Technical specs aside, the 1968 has Steve McQueen behind the wheel doing much of the stunt driving himself. Keanu is awesome and all, but he can't beat the McQueen:
tenor.gif
I prefer the sleeker, split engine design. Got a bit of the Falcon to it now imo. But I will always love the T-65 because you know, Luke. :atp:

Keanu himself actually does 90% of his own stunts including driving, while also taking on an Iron Chef chairman and killers from the Raid in hand to hand combat. He has also successfully traveled through time. :D

Last edited:
I prefer the sleeker, split engine design. Got a bit of the Falcon to it now imo. But I will always love the T-65 because you know, Luke. :atp:

Keanu himself actually does 90% of his own stunts including driving, while also taking on Iron Chef chairman and killers from the Raid in hand to hand combat. He has also successfully traveled through time. :D
Okay, you have got me there. :hehe:

EDIT: However, you have to agree with me that the rear lines of McQueen's 68 Fastback are sleeker than those on the 69 Mach 1. Those grills behind the side windows... just gorgeous and badass. :atp:

The hood scoop on the 69 Mach 1 is pretty sweet as well... I kinda want to kitbash the front end of Wick's with the rear of Bullitt's. :hehe:

Last edited:
This thread is going well. :yay: I'll give it a bit longer to see whether a 5 or 10 option poll makes the most sense.

I think one of the issues with the lack of iconic new vehicles is there aren't many original franchises and a lot of comic book movies who feature heroes that don't require one. Over the last two decades you could argue the Tumbler, the Batpod, Dom's Charger and maybe the Scorpion from Avatar.

In the last decade I can't think of any, the new Star Wars trilogy didn’t really offer anything new beyond Rey's Speederbike but it never saw any action, I think the lack of love for Snyder's DC work has seen his Batmobile become an afterthought and Oblivion wasn't a big enough hit for the awesome Bubble ship to gain traction.

awWpB1u1E8Q1ZOuBYzoNyCbEt2x-1.jpg
5d1f96a5568d2a2c5cb4c210_OB7-1.jpg

i need to get you into more modern movie scores. :p

tenor3216931ef3cd224e.gif

Of the upcoming movies I wonder if Dune might produce something. Not a movie but there has been one great vehicle created in the last decade imo.

Given the wide variety of noms i might just put them all in the poll?

No particular order but no new noms from me I am afraid:

Millennium Falcon
Serenity
V8 Interceptor Mad Max

The DeLorean from Back to the Future
Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters
Millennium Falcon from Star Wars

Avengers Quinjet

quinjet-mcu.jpg

1970 Dodge Charger R/T
Fast-and-Furious-Dom-Dodge-Charger-RT.jpg

Batmobile - Batman Forever
batmobile-batman-forever-jpg_100224308_l.jpg

So I've gone with these three. Everyone has either picked Tim Burton's Batmobile or Nolan's Batmobile. But I did like the Batman Forever Batmobile.

So it's gonna be an 8 options poll as the below all had more than one nomination each.

B89 Batmobile
Millennium Falcon
Delorean
Ecto 1
The Enterprise
Herbie
Aston Martin DB5
V8 Interceptor Mad Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"