Greatest Scene Ever

The final swing in spider-man 1 blows everything out of the freakin water. All of that was an entire shot.

Man, there are too many to choose from -

However, the one that gets me every time is in Forrest Gump, after Jenny dies and he's speaking to her headstone. That scene alone would have won Tom Hanks the Oscar. Just incredible.

My favorite scene would be from the Japanese Movie "Casshern".

From them moment where our hero walks out of a burning building with his girlfriend in his arm, up to the point he gets smacked into a building. It's like action heaven when he starts to take on the whole robot army all by himself.

He runs down the side of a building and catches a tank shell with his bare hands. He starts slicing robots in half, also with his hands. And then he gets hold of one robot's grapple and simply starts spinning around, knocking hundred other robots away.

It's just a stunning action sequence.

I changed my scene.

The best movie scene ever is the Hopper/Walken showdown in True Romance.

Don't know how great it is, but I enjoy it everytime...

In Day of the Dead at the end when Bub is saluting the military guy, I get a kick everytime I see that.

No one has said Anikan vs. Obi-Wan yet? Well, now someone has. That fight, intercut with Yoda and Palpatine, is just mind-blowing. You know a movie moment is great when it's preceded by 28 years of hype and, not only delivers, but exceeds expectations.

That being said, there are some others:
  • Batman's escape from Arkham in Begins.
  • The crazy double-take at the end of The Sting (best twist ending ever.)
  • The Ferris wheel scene with Orson Welles in The Third Man.
  • The T-Rex attack in Jurassic Park.
  • The Death Star run in Star Wars.
  • Yoda moves the X-Wing in Empire (Mark Hamill's shock just looks so real.)
  • Luke vs. Vader in Jedi.
  • The whole beginning of Ghost in the Shell, right through the opening credits (never have I been so quickly and completely sucked into a fictional world.)
  • Marty gets sent Back to the Future in -- well, you know.
  • A minute later, Marty comes tearing around the corner, running up to a horrified Doc Brown, announcing he's back...back from the future (the end of BTTF Part Two.)
  • The finale of the Incredibles versus the Omnidroid -- the X-Men and F4 films only wish they could create a superhero moment that perfect.
  • Although, X-2 comes close with the line, "You picked the wrong house, Bub!" and the rampage that follows.
-- END!

crazy monkey said:
No one has said Anikan vs. Obi-Wan yet? Well, now someone has. That fight, intercut with Yoda and Palpatine, is just mind-blowing. You know a movie moment is great when it's preceded by 28 years of hype and, not only delivers, but exceeds expectations.

The only good part of the fight was the music. Obi Wan and Qui Gonn vs Maul was better. But the best lightsaber fight is Luke and Vader in ESB.

shawshank redemption

The guy getting out of prison and that tunnel of **** to meet his destiny and be free with the rain pouring ove rhim

These are in no particular order.

1. Starman- After he tells Jenny Hayden his final farewell, he walks towards the motherships beam with the beautiful sorrowful music playing and turns around one final time.

2. Batman Begins- The Arkham escape and the scene after he takes out the thugs on the dock. You know the one scene where he's standing on a building high above Gotham.

3. Jurassic Park- The T-Rex appearing for the first time sent chills down my spine.

4. Terminator 2- The end where the T-800 is being lowered down into the molten steel. Also; the Cyberdene moment where he blows away all of the cop cars. :up:

5. Forrest Gump- Where him and Jenny reunite for the first time in front of the Lincoln Memorial in the water. Such a beautiful scene. Definitely brought a tear to my eye.

6. Spider-Man- Spidey's final swing definitely brings a smile to my face.

7. Constantine-
Granted it's not exactly faithful to the graphic novels; however, this scene for me is great and shows Constantine's no fear attitude for going into Hell. When he makes his first trip to Hell and after he opens his eyes, he turns around and all you hear is silence, the wind blowing, and fire everywhere as he turns around and walks down the path with demons staring at him.

8. X-Men: United- Cyclops breaking down in Wolverine's arms after Jean dies.

9. Return of the King- Sam carrying Frodo up the mountain after the emotional quote "I can't carry it for you. But I can carry you!"

10. Matrix Reloaded- Freeway Chase was just amazing. Words simply can't describe how beautifully filmed that was.

11. Superman- The first shirt rip as he goes to save Lois and stop the helicopter from crashing.

12. American History X- When the inmate begins to make Derek laugh with his jokes and Derek changes his ways.

13. The Crow- The first time you see Eric Draven standing in front of the broken window ledge and the lightning flashes to show the make-up.

Planet of the Apes, statue of liberty scene

Rocky- the music... the stairs... the champion!

Shawshank Redemption when Andy gets out in the rain :up:

Schindlers List when he talks about different objects he could have sold to save more lives. I cried when I saw that scene :(

Remember the Titans, where the backup QB finally gets his chance to play and he basically tackles a defender and puts his hand in his face :cool:

SW: Episode III when Obi Wan tells Anakin "You were like my brother", the entire battle is great imo :up:

Matrix Revolutions scene where Neo knocks Smith so hard you see the skin moving on his face.

Snatch "You like dags??" :D

Ahhh so many more I could list!

The Nightcrawler opening scene in X2. Best action sequence in any superhero movie.

And Crazy Monkey, the best twist ending is 2 killers in Scream.

That first attack on the Redcoats in "The Patriot". It was just 100%, Grade-A, Mel Gibson crazy-violent-pissed-off mofo.

Zhang Ziyi using Green Destiny vs Michelle Yeoh using every other weapon in the dojo.
CTHD

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I changed my scene.

The best movie scene ever is the Hopper/Walken showdown in True Romance.

:D:up:

My favorite scene is The ending to the Long Good Friday:

Harold think all the problems are over and he is proud on himself because he humiliated the yankees. He stands on the sidewalk waiting for his car, the car arrives and the moment he gets in the car starts to drive real fast, he gets kicked back in his seat and looks at the seat next to him. His wife isn't sitting there. ''Ey, hold on. Where's Victoria?'' he says. The eyes of the driver look at him in the mirror. The music kicks in. Harold looks out of the window and sees how his wife is being held in another car, she screams his name. Back in Harold's car, Pierce Brosnan gets out from behind the front seat, with a gun. Harold looks shocked. Then we see the best performance of the movie; Bob Hoskins in a big close up slowly realizing that he is in big ****ing trouble and he is not gonna get out of it alive.

Brilliant scene and one of the best endings ever.

Here is another good scene from Lethal Weapon 4

Leo is talking with the new guy Butters (Chris Rock) & they just talk about how they **** you with cellphones :up:

The 10 Commandments -

1) Parting the Red Sea.
2) Forging the Ten Commandments
3) Smashing the Ten Commandments.

Ben-Hur chariot race sequence.

Climax of Ghostbusters.

The fire hose jumping in Die Hard.

Superman taking flight for the first time in the 1978 film.

Darth Vader's "I am your father" from ESB.

Last battle in Sword of Doom

Then, Darth Vader throwing the Emporer down the shaft

Poeman said:
Once Upon a Time in the West

its pretty simple!

THE SHOWDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree :up:, also the start of the movie where there's nothing but silence until Bronson arrives. Here are my suggestion restaruant scene and the shootout from Heat.

The Godfather: The baptism.
Apocalypse Now: Wagner and napalm
Fight Club: Near-life experience
Se7en: Envy and Wrath
King Kong (2005): Empire State
Goodfellas: Getting made
Pulp Fiction: Royale with Cheese.
2001: "Daisy, Daisy"
E.T.: flying bicycles
Edward Scissorhands: Ice sculptures
Schindler's List: "He who saves one life saves the world entire"

Leon (aka The Professional)

At the end of the movie, after planting Leon's plant,when Matilda says "I think we'll be ok here, Leon".

030.jpg

031.jpg

"Hasta la vista, baby."

This is a great scene. Just a visual ownage.

at the end of Medium Cool, when the ACTUAL crowds from the '68 Chicago riots
are all chanting: "THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING, THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING..."
and a News Camera turns directly towards the screen (into the lens of the "film" camera which is making the actual movie) and Haskell Wexler, the director, is controlling that News Camera.

and the crowd keeps chanting:
"THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING, THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING..."

Only thing that needs to be said is

"I'll never let go. I'll never let go, Jack."

The first one that sprung to mind for me I am surprised hasn't been said yet: the sit down cup of coffee in Heat!......

the 2nd half come back in the finale of Varsity Blues to "My Hero"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"