Greatest Scene Ever

End of the of world to "Come, Sweet Death" in End of Evangelion.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Bloodbath scene during the opening of Blade..:confused:

Odin's Lapdog said:
Emotional scenes

Bruce putting on his mask for the first time in Mask of the phantasm, best batman moment ever, alfred's face says it all and the score behind it brings me to tears, even when i'm writing about it now

I agree, 100%. As great as Batman Begins was, i wish they had incorporated a similar scene into it as the one from MOTP...

Code:
Wilhelm-Scream said:
Yoda asking "how you get so big eating these Baby Ruths?" was one of the best scenes ever.:)

But only the second best featuring a Baby Ruth.

The pool scene in Caddyshack is #1, naturally.

Some of my favorite scenes:

I mentioned my favorite in Return of the Jedi of Vader saving Luke from the Emperor.

Luke kicking ass on Jabba's Sail Barge.

Vader revealing Luke's parentage in Empire Strikes Back.

As Odin stated, Optimus's "Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost" and then the music hits.

Batman Begins: "No. But I don't have to save you."

Superman 2: "General! Would you care to step outside!?"

Return of the King: Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli jumping off the ship and the Ghost Army following them.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm: Batman putting on the mask for the first time.

Shawshank Redemption: Red recounts how Andy escapes.

Untouchables: Shoot out scene at the station.

Field of Dreams: When he realizes it is his father.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
The scene where Optimus Prime mashes through the decepticons in cab/truck form, jumps in the air, transforms and starts blasting the remaining standing decepticons left,right and center with his gun -right before his final showdown with Megatron in 'Transformer:The Movie'.

i second that!!

also the scene at the beginning of serenity when we see the ship for the first time, that holds for 4 and a half minutes without cutting. felt great seeing the ship and characters again, and the music was spot on.

also the end of the truman show.

At the end of the superman movies when Chris Reeves waves and then shoots off truely awesome and if Brandon Routh even attempts it he'll fail.

kit1982 said:
At the end of the superman movies when Chris Reeves waves and then shoots off truely awesome and if Brandon Routh even attempts it he'll fail.
And kit1982 clears a whole 3 meter jump over the gun!

kit1982 said:
That's sad 'cause you're right. :(
I'm not a huge Supermanfan, but yeah, the old Superman had a friendliness in his face that GQ wannabe-dude could never match. :(

Kni-Ton said:
And kit1982 clears a whole 3 meter jump over the gun!

Well i just think that if Routh should try something different, as that is Chris Reeves scene and it should stay that way.

6.City of God- Rocket holding his camera in the middle of gang war spins into the flashback where his brother shoots the soccer ball in the air.

7. Die Hard- McLean breaks through the window

8. Pulp Fiction- I'm Winston Wolf. I fix problems.

9. Godfather 2- "I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart."

10.The Great Escape- Steve McQueen "Cooler King"

Palpatine looking over the Clone Army to "The Imperial March" at the end of Episode II.

C.F. Kane said:
The Godfather: The baptism.
Apocalypse Now: Wagner and napalm
Fight Club: Near-life experience
Se7en: Envy and Wrath
King Kong (2005): Empire State
Goodfellas: Getting made
Pulp Fiction: Royale with Cheese.
2001: "Daisy, Daisy"
E.T.: flying bicycles
Edward Scissorhands: Ice sculptures
Schindler's List: "He who saves one life saves the world entire"

Envy and Wrath would have been mine, then I realised all of yours are amazing.

Im suprised nobody said the revelation in The Usual Suspects though.

Laa Dee Dah said:
Im suprised nobody said the revelation in The Usual Suspects though.

the revelation in The Usual Suspects ;)

Great scene, the editing is brilliant.

Couple of hell yeah's are in order:

Hell yeah, Bruce puts on the cowl in MotP!
Hell yeah, Optimus kicks a bunch of ass!
Hell yeah, Matrix lobby scene!

Lets give a bow to Miyazaki:
San invades Iron Town and the Great Spirit's rampage, both in Princess Mononoke.
Chihiro eats the enchanted rice cakes that force the tears out of her, and Haku remembers who he is, both from Spirited Away (and both choke me up every time.)

OK, we all agree on Arkham. But what about the duel on the glacier in Begins?! "You haven't beaten me. You've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." <Crack!>

Batman kicks a tooth out of Joker's smile, also in MotP.

Both the train wreck and Kimble's relentless march through the entire finale of the Fugitive ("You missed your stop.")

The Nameless Samurai comes back to town with "a dead man's sword," and revenge in his eyes, in Yojimbo.

Spock says good-bye to Kirk as he dies in the end of Wrath of Kahn.

The heist all comes together in Ocean's Eleven (remake.)

George McFly takes out Biff in one punch in BTTF.

The toys turn the tables on Sid in Toy Story.

Bud frantically tries to revive Lindsey in The Abyss.

OK, I'm tapped. Be back with more.

-- END!

The Crow when the Crow symbol is revealed in a fiery outline.

The duel between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker in Empire Strikes Back, when Luke looses his hand and learns about his heritage. Awesome scene. :up:

the entire last sequence of Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind!!!!

Han Solo coming in to save Luke during his Death Star run.

James Bond introducing himself for the 1st time in Dr.No as the sweet theme tune plays.

crazy monkey said:
Bud frantically tries to revive Lindsey in The Abyss.
Yeah, that is the penultimate - "Breath god damn you BREATH! You never gave up a fight in your whole life, don't give up now, don't you leave me b****!" scene of all time! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"