Greg land

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
hello everyone,

i was wondering if you guys know whats uop with this artist I've heard he's a fake and photoshop images. what do you guys believe? either way i still enjoy his art in UFF.

I haven't heard that he's a fake. His art is amazing I think.

He is good...but yes all his work is photoshopped to make it look that "realistic"

does he draw it then color it in photoshop?

Almost all comicbook artwork is Photoshopped these days. It's how they color them.

Greg Land's work looks as realistic as it does also because he uses alot of photo references.

How does using photoshop to make his art look more realistic make him a fake? If anything I'd say it makes him more talented; being able to use different tools to make his art the best it can be.

yo mean most of Marvels books are photoshoped...

yeah, almost every mainstream book on the stands uses computers in one way or another to get their look.

James Jean does, and he's incredible

I don't see anything wrong with photoshoping or adding comp graphics to comics,it only adds to the medium.They've been doing it for some time now and I don't really consider it "cheating" since the creators simply want a book to look as great as can be,and I see nothing wrong with that.

About Land,he's amazing.Nuff said.

I LIKE GREG LAND'S WORK MORE THAN ALEX ROSS'

Well far be it from me to bad mouth anyone but greg land IS A PHOTOSHOP TRACER!

Exhibit a:

exhibit b:

edited as pics stopped showing

(and look at the pics of mags and the king of spain from HOM for more)

It doesn't really bother me though if the end result looks good but it could cause marvel legal trouble.

Dr Doom said:
I LIKE GREG LAND'S WORK MORE THAN ALEX ROSS'

I can get on board with that. I've said many times that I don't like photo-referencing being leaned on so heavily, but I don't mind it so much with his work (except for Johnny's hair. I mean, c'mon, even Namor noticed!)

He does great art (I can't see those images, gildea), but my only bone of contention with him is that he uses the same model for every woman. Jean Grey looks like Emma Frost, who looks like Sue Storm. It was the same when he worked for CrossGen. All those women looked like Jean, Emma, and Sue, too.

gildea said:
Well far be it from me to bad mouth anyone but greg land IS A PHOTOSHOP TRACER!

Exhibit a:
hmmmmm4kt.gif

exhibit b:
reedtad2kl.gif

(and look at the pics of mags and the king of spain from HOM for more)

It doesn't really bother me though if the end result looks good but it could cause marvel legal trouble.

thats not greg lands art, its manke's.

I don't know how you could look at those and NOT think that they're traced/referenced/photoshopped.

Outside of copyright considerations, it doesn't really matter to me. My only problem with doing that sort of thing is that I think it severely limits storytelling options. For talking head scenes, it doesn't make much of a difference. But for any kind of action, even simple moving, you need to use a different visual vocabulary than just copying what we do in real life.

Greg land actually got me to buy my first FF comic a few weeks ago, ultimate Namor is bad ass too.

Mara Jane said:
He does great art (I can't see those images, gildea), but my only bone of contention with him is that he uses the same model for every woman. Jean Grey looks like Emma Frost, who looks like Sue Storm. It was the same when he worked for CrossGen. All those women looked like Jean, Emma, and Sue, too.

I know, they all look like Faith Hill IMO. Not a bad thing, but Some diversity would be nice.

arwynblastingwithbow.jpg
cover.jpg

Either way the mans art is nothing short of Fantastic.

I'm going to get a ceizure looking at your avatar Roughneck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"