Greg land

Elijya said:
dude, come on, no it's not....
I dunno know, the facial expression does change a bit. It's a little less obvious than the Troy one to me anyway.

Elijya said:
yeah, but Alex uses photos he takes himself
Not all of them. Some of his props, backgrounds, landsacpes, city scapes and even some of his figures are swiped photography.

::shrug:: I never said using photo reference was bad, I'm just acknowledging it

Killgore said:
Not all of them. Some of his props, backgrounds, landsacpes, city scapes and even some of his figures are swiped photography.

ross paints the pictures.

land traces the pictures.

thats the distinction.

(though i may be wrong do you have anything like the pics posted daming ross like land??)

GNR4Life said:
Alex Ross is known for using photos and models when doing his art work.
NO ****, WHAT'S YOUR POINT.

ULTFF025_cov_col.jpg

Ultimate Namor is Shane West :)

top.jpg

ACTUALLY NO, THERE IS A PICTURE WITH SOME FAMOUS MODEL STANDING WITH A GUY IN THAT EXACT SAME POSE.

YOU HAVE NO POINT, SO YOU COMMENT ON MY FONT

Dr Doom said:
ACTUALLY NO, THERE IS A PICTURE WITH SOME FAMOUS MODEL STANDING WITH A GUY IN THAT EXACT SAME POSE.

Eh, I still say Shane West. I actually know who he is :)

Dr Doom said:
Can you post the picture?

Dr Doom said:

The more I look at it, the more I doubt,.. at least in the face. It's the same down to the smirking mouth, the shape of eyebrows, the cricked nose,.. the necklace even seems to be going the same route as Shane's colar.

ULTFF025_cov_col.jpg

So WHAT. Would you rather crappy, unrealistic art or some good art?

Geeze, every ****ing little thing there needs to be a big thing over.

WOLVERINE25TH said:

Caught you OOC!:D

But I agree with you. I'd like to see any of the haters trace as well.

Actually I can't do "in'" at th' end of a curse 'cause it won't get censored out.

Oh, that. Well, read th' sig...ain't tryin' to be Wolverine. Just havin' fun my own way.

WOLVERINE25TH said:

I would rather art that can tell a story. I don't care if it's photos or stick-figures.

I don't care if Land traces, as long as he's picking poses that lend themselves to the "movement" between panels, and not just picking "cool poses". I actually think Land does a decent job at it. I don't think Ross does all the time (despite how gorgeous they look. And ironically, I don't think Ross traces, but uses "actors" as photo-reference, if you can see the difference)

That he does. His model fer Kingdom Come Supes he paid to shave his head to become Earth X Cap.

WOLVERINE25TH said:

Oh I don't care. Greg Land's my favorate artist. I just think it's fun to try and figure out who certain people are. It made me smile when I realized that Sean Connery was in Sojourn :)

WOLVERINE25TH said:
That he does. His model fer Kingdom Come Supes he paid to shave his head to become Earth X Cap.

Heh,.. I always thought that Earth X Cap looked a lot like Bruce Willis in Unbreakable.

JewishHobbit said:
The more I look at it, the more I doubt,.. at least in the face. It's the same down to the smirking mouth, the shape of eyebrows, the cricked nose,.. the necklace even seems to be going the same route as Shane's colar.

ULTFF025_cov_col.jpg

Wow!!

iloveclones said:
I don't think Ross does all the time (despite how gorgeous they look. And ironically, I don't think Ross traces, but uses "actors" as photo-reference, if you can see the difference)
As an artist myself, it is splitting hairs. My own personal opinion though is that Ross' sequential art is lacking, not in craft but in visual narration, and Land is a better storyteller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"